IGNORED

Do You Believe Homosexuals are Reprobates?

Tammy Roesch

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1

We are all filthy rags, Isaiah 64:6.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,225
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

2 hours ago, biblelesson said:

One of the sad things we don't alway understand about the gay community is the reason many are gay.  I had an opportunity to speak with someone who was so willing to tell his story.  He was saddened that no one ever asked him the question of why he was gay.  He told me that when he was a little boy, his father would whip him severely if he played with girls.  Maybe his father wanted to prevent him from getting a young girl pregnant or something, but apparently he went overboard.  But, this gay guy said he was so afraid of his father that he would never play with girls, nor talk to them.  But because his father never said anything about boys, he didn't think anything was wrong when he was approached by an older male at school one day.  He said he was molested, but because of how his father punished him about girls, he thought it was the correct thing to do at a very young age.  

So that started his life with males.  Of course as he got older, he realized he was wrong.  But now he's caught, and it's truly like any addiction.  He can't let it go.  It has all of the hallmarks of addiction: Shame, guilt, disgust, inability to stop, etc. etc.  Anyone who is caught in a real addiction cannot let it go. And the shame and guilt is so strong, they need help to stop.  But because he feels so ashamed about it, he dare not talk to anyone about getting help.  He's in a real catch 22. 

So, sometimes, it's more than just a person is a horrible person for doing such a thing.  No, it's more than we can understand.  This person is a wonderful person, but just caught in 1) unresolved feelings over the abuse by a father, 2) unresolved guilt over abuse by an older person, 3) lifestyle forced upon him, and 4) struggle go overcome.  

Can you imagine a young child whose father psychologically abuse them for years.  No human being can help that person, only God.  Because to that young mind, the father was God.  

A long time ago, a homosexual man shared his life's story with me in a similar way. What he related tore at my heart so I both understand and appreciate your contributions, my friend. I'm in agreement with you. 

We must never forget the love and mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ who loved us even when we were dead in our trespasses. This is that love we are called upon to walk in. @Melinda12 touches upon this love in her post above.

Let us be a friend to the friendless, giving a word of encouragement to the weary and offering a shoulder for others to lean upon. If they are burdened, let us carry that burden for them. If they are hopeless, let us show forth that hope in the Son of the living God who is merciful and longsuffering toward all. 

Most importantly, let us never forget where we came from. When we remember, we are moved in compassion for our neighbor regardless of their affliction. :) 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

No more than anyone who has rejected Christ.

I think the question should be,, are we witnessing to the lost and living up to what is expected of us? 

1 hour ago, biblelesson said:

We are all filthy rags, Isaiah 64:6.

The verse says our righteousness is as filthy rags. Filthy rags can be washed clean. Thank you Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, biblelesson said:

One of the sad things we don't alway understand about the gay community is the reason many are gay.  I had an opportunity to speak with someone who was so willing to tell his story.  He was saddened that no one ever asked him the question of why he was gay.  He told me that when he was a little boy, his father would whip him severely if he played with girls.  Maybe his father wanted to prevent him from getting a young girl pregnant or something, but apparently he went overboard.  But, this gay guy said he was so afraid of his father that he would never play with girls, nor talk to them.  But because his father never said anything about boys, he didn't think anything was wrong when he was approached by an older male at school one day.  He said he was molested, but because of how his father punished him about girls, he thought it was the correct thing to do at a very young age.  

So that started his life with males.  Of course as he got older, he realized he was wrong.  But now he's caught, and it's truly like any addiction.  He can't let it go.  It has all of the hallmarks of addiction: Shame, guilt, disgust, inability to stop, etc. etc.  Anyone who is caught in a real addiction cannot let it go. And the shame and guilt is so strong, they need help to stop.  But because he feels so ashamed about it, he dare not talk to anyone about getting help.  He's in a real catch 22. 

So, sometimes, it's more than just a person is a horrible person for doing such a thing.  No, it's more than we can understand.  This person is a wonderful person, but just caught in 1) unresolved feelings over the abuse by a father, 2) unresolved guilt over abuse by an older person, 3) lifestyle forced upon him, and 4) struggle go overcome.  

Can you imagine a young child whose father psychologically abuse them for years.  No human being can help that person, only God.  Because to that young mind, the father was God.  

Most of the lesbians I have met have been victims of incest as a child, or been raped. I believe that their trust for men has been shattered and they only feel comfortable with other women.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

On 8/6/2021 at 3:02 PM, other one said:

Can an adulterer?   Can a Liar and a theif or blasphemer (not the Holy Spirit).

Question?   It is a sin to be gay.....   or is it a sin to live a homosexual lifestyle.    Being gay is an internal affection to the same sex....    but people do not have to respond to it.    Most males are hardwired to have sex with most things that move....   but we are taught not to respond to those hormones.

I don't know if a gay person can change who they are attracted to, but they certainly can "not act" on those attractions...     And I think God would honor that.   

What I do, I don’t want to do. What I don’t want to do, I do. Who can save me from this body of death? Thanks be to Christ! 

The Holy Spirit changed us! Our old self is crucified with Christ, and we walk in newness of life, the new man, the Spirit of Christ.

We all must have and walk in the Spirit of Christ, or we are none of His, Romans 8:9.

Same thing goes for the homosexual! Their life can be changed by the Spirit of Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

8 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

It is a difficult question. It is hard to answer. 

I have friends of all kinds, because I am interested in people and I believe by being open and friendly, listening, that that is the way to best influence hearts and minds.

So, some of my friends are gay. Perfectly nice, good people. As a Christian, I know very well that homosexuality is wrong and sinful, the Bible is very clear. Yet I certainly do not say that to any of my friends as I cannot see what it could achieve except negativity and loss of friendship. Better to listen to them and see if you might steer them onto the right path more subtly.  

One male friend really made me think. He was brought up in a Christian family, went to church. As a teenager he realised he was attracted to men, not women. He came out as gay. As a result he was rejected and driven away from his church. This caused so much anguish to him that he turned totally away from all religion. He lost all faith in any God, due to the way those Christians behaved.

He focussed on his work and career, met and married a man with whom he has been happily settled for 35 years now. He is such a highly intelligent accomplished man I would never dare try to argue with him. I would lose an excellent friend. I would rather keep the door open and keep dialogue open, whilst praying for him. 

So who are we to judge others? Is it not right to leave it to God to judge, since He knows what is in each man's heart? 

"I have friends of all kinds, because I am interested in people and I believe by being open and friendly, listening, that that is the way to best influence hearts and minds"  

That may be if your trying to just make friends. Plowing/preparing the soil to receive seed is wise. Having friends is good.
But it is the gospel that can give life, not friendship. Without (eventually) sharing the gospel, how can they hear?

"But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?"   Romans 10:14

When sharing the gospel it is not necessary to point out their homosexuality, or any particular sin. They know.

"So, some of my friends are gay. Perfectly nice, good people. As a Christian, I know very well that homosexuality is wrong and sinful, the Bible is very clear. Yet I certainly do not say that to any of my friends as I cannot see what it could achieve except negativity and loss of friendship. Better to listen to them and see if you might steer them onto the right path more subtly"

I would rather loose a friend while trying to help them see the truth, than keep a friend and leave them in darkness.
I'm not talking about beating them over the head with a bible, nor preaching hell fire and brimstone.
A true friend will sacrifice a 'friendship' to provide the light of God's truth that the word could be heard.
Without belief, without being saved, born again, their eternal future is hell.

It was a faithful Christian stranger that shared the simple truth, 'I must saved, born again', or I would never know God or enter heaven. I never met him before, and I never saw him again. That seed he planted created a spark of life to search out my old RCC bible, and there in the bible it did say I must be born again. More seed, more answers, a child was born.
I agree with you Melinda a good Christlike walk may cause trust of a friend. But it is only the gospel, the word, not friendship, that will enable them to believe.
Some day when I go to my eternal home, I hope to meet that faithful stranger who shared the simple truth with  my wife and I, which was passed down to our children, and to our grandchildren.

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.   Romans 10:17

How can they believe in him if they have never heard about him?
And how can they hear about him
unless someone tells them?
   Romans 10:14

“How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”   Romans 10:15
May God bless you Melinda with the words, and the spirits leading, to share the good news with your friend, and that his  heart and mind be prepared by God. :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.62

What is HOLY AND RIGHTEOUS?  Sure we may not judge BUT WE BEST DISCERN and WE best STAND UP FOR GOD while we walk through this valley of the shadow of death.  When we start to hear THEIR WORDS MORE than GODS WORDS,  we have a problem.  

With all the knowledge GOD has given us how is it possible to miss and/or  NOT to SEE  what is going on?  AND WHY.

It's no mystery how the EVIL becomes good, but to have US trying to defend it...

Not sure where to start with SO MANY EVIL ANGLEs to consider.  What did God write and how does He react?  WHAT IS WRITTEN?

Genesis 19:5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

They are talking 'SODOMY'.  Nothing else.  Nothing vague or hard to understand.  

Genesis 19:6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,

Genesis 19:7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

But they are for sure in your face, because THEY THINK GOD IS WRONG AND THEY ARE NOT GOING TO STOP UNTIL EVERYONE BELIEVES AS THEY DO or at least acts like it.  THIS IS the NORMAL way of THINKING for the NATURAL BRUTE BEAST and another goal is accomplished at the same time by the DECEPTION, a little bit more of a falling away from the Righteousness of God, every step gets easier.  

Genesis 19:9 And they said, Stand back.
And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door.

Genesis 19:10 But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.

Genesis 19:11 And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.

2 Peter 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

2 Peter 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

2 Peter 2:6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

WHO CAN SAY IT ANY BETTER?  WHERE DO WE STAND?  WHAT DO WE BELIEVE?

2 Peter 2:7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

It is filthy conversation.   

God hasn't made that really clear for some so another detail added to this situation....

2 Peter 2:8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

2 Peter 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

2 Peter 2:10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

afraid to speak evil of dignities?  Me too.

2 Peter 2:11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.

2 Peter 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

I would sure hate to stand before God and say that I agreed with anything that goes against Him

2 Peter 2:13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

2 Peter 2:14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

2 Peter 2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

2 Peter 2:16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.

2 Peter 2:17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.

2 Peter 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

2 Peter 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

2 Peter 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

2 Peter 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

2 Peter 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  586
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

7 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Deuteronomy 23:17 (KJV) There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.

I wonder where the King James got Sodomites from?

The Hebrew Torah doesn't say that all:

18There shall not be a prostitute of the daughters of Israel, and there shall not be a male prostitute of the sons of Israel.   יחלֹא־תִֽהְיֶ֥ה קְדֵשָׁ֖ה מִבְּנ֣וֹת יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל וְלֹא־יִֽהְיֶ֥ה קָדֵ֖שׁ מִבְּנֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵֽל:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  579
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, AandW_Rootbeer said:

I wonder where the King James got Sodomites from?

Sodom. 

• Brilliant! 1