IGNORED

Do You Believe Homosexuals are Reprobates?

Tammy Roesch

(Romans 3:21)  But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it—
(Romans 3:22)  the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:
(Romans 3:23)  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
(Romans 3:24)  and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
(Romans 3:25)  whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.
(Romans 3:26)  It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
(Romans 3:27)  Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith.
(Romans 3:28)  For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.
(Romans 3:29)  Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also,
(Romans 3:30)  since God is one—who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.
(Romans 3:31)  Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law.  [ESV]

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Tammy Roesch said:

No one can be saved IN their sins...but we can all be saved FROM our sins :).  I hope we are all on the same page!

We absolutely can NOT, by our own efforts or goodness, earn our way to heaven. Salvation is a free gift by God's grace. Scripture says, ALL sinned and are deserving of death. It is only by God's grace that we have salvation, so no one can boast in and of him/herself. And there is only one way for ALL to receive salvation. Faith must be in the Jesus revealed in Scripture, who offered Himself in the place of sinners.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,519
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

No one is hopelessly lost or unredeemable until their last breath, their very last heartbeat. Although I do think the older one gets, the more sin in their lives, the harder their heart, the less likely their conversion [the cliché of; you can't teach an old dog new tricks]. 

To save cyber ink, in an effort not to pollute the cyber environment, and have an awareness of protecting the virtual reality. I'll omit the unpardonable sin and other things. Other than to say, we cannot commit it, unless we die and perish without Jesus; or take the mark of the Beast. May I receive a 'thumbs up' from the few environmentalists on this forum, for thinking up a 'cyber day'; to coincide with 'mother earth' day?

I could cite well know people Jesus saved out of satanic occults, new age movement. But for this example, I think I will select the infamous Jeffrey Dahmer. Many on here may still remember his lifestyle and actions. It is stated by a few people closest to him, while he was in prison for his horrendous crimes; that he accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as his own personal Savior, prior to him being murdered himself in prison.  

Of course no one knows for certain if one is truly saved, but the Lord and that individual person. I'm sure many of his victims family and friends hoped and wished him eternity in Hell. As no doubt that would be how I would probably initially feel and want if I was in that position. 

We are to pray for our governments, hoping and praying for peaceful lives. We are to be the salt and light, an imager walking in Jesus and reflecting His love, and not be selective about it. All this rhetoric to point out; no one is hopelessly lost or beyond redemption, until their very last breath. 

The world, and now in America, are strongly objecting to these truth's. Calling us and the Bible intolerant, non-inclusive, haters spewing hate speech. The minority now controls the majority. As a nation, our laws, morals, values and ideals have done a 180 degree turn. Instead of the church influencing government, the government now influences and controls the church. Pastor's and churches are being vigorously fined, pastors going to jail for breaking policies, and not laws. 

I'm getting off topic here...:off-topic:

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  9.64
  • Days Won:  149

3 hours ago, Tammy Roesch said:

I hope not!

On another forum I'm on, a poster made a long post and stated that they are hopelessly lost, that they can never change or repent.  I cannot understand a Christian thinking like that?  The same punishment that was given for homosexuality in the OT was given also for fornication and adultery ~ STONING.  We serve a God who can CHANGE lives...that is the BEAUTY of the Gospel.  No one can be saved IN their sins...but we can all be saved FROM our sins :).  I hope we are all on the same page!

IMG_1999.jpg

How berry berry true this is.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

It would not be the nature of God to withhold forgiveness. Remember forgiveness is how Satan is defeated. Though once one gives himself over from the natural to the unnatural to repent seem unlikely, still we cannot discount the possibility. We are not God and we do not know the heart of any man. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,362
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  99

We are indeed on the same page, @Tammy Roesch. There is nothing which cannot be overcome in our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us so we might receive the adoption as children of His promise. There are times when these eyes of flesh obscure vision; there are times when we might forget that He loved us even when we were dead in our trespasses. 

This is not a terrible shortcoming on our part but rather, a consequence of seeing things darkly and knowing only in part. As men and women we are prone to forgetfulness but the Lord remembers that our frame is dust, so He is faithful to bring these things to our awareness so we will learn and understand. He is our Teacher, after all. :) 

Of course we don't approve of nor condone sin, but who among us knows the hidden things of God unless He is pleased to reveal such things? I think of brothers and sisters in Christ who came to Him under the most extraordinary of circumstances, individuals whom we would never imagine standing before the Lord in such a way. Remember the Son of Sam?

This man perpetrated the most horrific and heinous crimes and is spending the rest of his days in prison. Yet he came to Christ behind bars, the truth of which you will find hidden underneath pages of history in the testimony forum (you have to dig!). A member shared her testimony with us, describing how through correspondence with David Berkowitz, she was led to Christ. 

Everything is possible to the Lord. :)  

• Thumbs Up 4