• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,554
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, appy said:

Thorough cooking kills all parasites

Very true, but when in history was that discovered? When was the 'meat thermometer' invented to insure thorough cooking. Those ancients that looked on the burnt outside and said, "yep, it looks done to me." Or, I don't like my lambchop over cooked?

If they butchered meat, they would have visually seen worms in many animals. Pork was forbidden; ever seen the three foot long intestinal worms in many pigs at a slaughter house? I doubt the ancients knew about transmittable parasites and water born illnesses; thus God's dietary laws and some temporary relief:

1 Timothy 5:23 (KJV) Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

Cloven / un-cloven: What common animal, even to this day, if even handled much less than consumed, can you get leprosy from?

Knowing what we know today about increased risks associated with eating animal flesh and fats. Knowing the healthier pre-Hebrew, pre-Jewish diets. I've wondered why the Lord drastically changed the dietary laws directly after Noah got off the Ark? Any thoughts as to why?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.37
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I don't have time just now--but intend to get back to this later.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, Tammy Roesch said:

So does pork :)

Last I heard this does not exist in the pork supply anymore. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

@Dennis1209

Genesis 9:3
Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

The above verse is pretty clear that God had allowed man to eat every living thing, but the allowance had one catch.  

Genesis 9:4
“But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it.

Verse 4 was reiterated by the Jerusalem council in Acts 15.   Notice in verse 28, that the Holy Spirit who was present at the council, approved of the limited requirements for gentiles, and to not place any more of a burden on the gentiles than the four requirements.

Acts 15:28,29
It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements:  

You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols,
from blood,
from the meat of strangled animals
and from sexual immorality.

The book of Galatians and Hebrews speaks against returning to trying to be good enough to get into heaven by observing the Torah.  Peter at the council in Jerusalem posed the following question regarding Torah observance.

Acts 15:10,11
Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear?  No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

Galatians 3:2-3 (CJB)
I want to know from you just this one thing: did you receive the Spirit by legalistic observance of Torah commands or by trusting in what you heard and being faithful to it?  Are you that stupid? Having begun with the Spirit’s power, do you think you can reach the goal under your own power?

Galatians 3:5 (CJB)
 What about God, who supplies you with the Spirit and works miracles among you — does he do it because of your legalistic observance of Torah commands or because you trust in what you heard and are faithful to it?

Galatians 3:10-12 (CJB)
For everyone who depends on legalistic observance of Torah commands lives under a curse, since it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not keep on doing everything written in the Scroll of the Torah.” Now it is evident that no one comes to be declared righteous by God through legalism, since “The person who is righteous will attain life by trusting and being faithful.” Furthermore, legalism is not based on trusting and being faithful, but on [a misuse of] the text

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

If eating certain foods was a health risk,  then Paul would not have said the following,

Romans 14:20
Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean,

Colossians 2:20-23
Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules:  “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”?  These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings.  Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, Tammy Roesch said:

MissMuffet, I was born and raised SDA, (and have not been affiliated with the SDA Church for 40+ years) but that has NOTHING to do with how I eat. If I were an Atheist, I would be a vegan.  Have you not noticed the many non-religious people who are vegans?  It's clearly the healthier way to eat and the kinder. I could never kill an animal and then serve it on my table.

You also believe in soul sleep. That is another reason I have associated you with the SDA.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

13 hours ago, walla299 said:

Again . . . thorough cooking kills the critters . . . rendering Marathoner's "bonus protein."  :laugh:

Folks assume that thoroughly cooking fish or freezing it to proper temperatures rids the flesh of worms. ... In addition, fish has to remain frozen at -4 degrees for seven days before worms are typically killed. And even if the fish is prepared “properly,” you'll still be eating worm carcasses inside the flesh.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,561
  • Content Per Day:  7.14
  • Days Won:  100

Many of Ellen White's teachings are contrary to scripture which explains why we sound the alarm wherever (and whenever) her rhetoric is preached. Let the listener and reader exercise discernment, I say, and take care not to fall under the sway of human commands and teachings with their appearance of godly wisdom. @appy shared the relevant passages of scripture above.

The words of the Lord rebuke the errors of Ellen White, words which some of us have shared in this topic and elsewhere on the forum. Ellen White was converted to Adventism by the false prophet William Miller, who predicted that the Lord would return in 1844; those who believed and followed Miller were known as Millerites. This belief in his prediction resulted in the "great disappointment." The Seventh Day Adventist church had its origins in the wake of this disappointment. 

The SDA church holds Ellen White as a prophetess much like how the Millerites believed William Miller was a prophet, so therefore it falls upon us to test the spirits to see if they are of God. I have witnessed those errors of the Millerites continued in SDA doctrine and teaching. Over the years the SDA church has altered the language expressing the doctrines and teachings of Ellen White which they hold to be inspired by God, but I've witnessed how they otherwise remain unchanged. 

A sample of some of the errors of Ellen White follows. This is not an exhaustive list by any means but rather, representative of how her teaching either twists scripture, conflicts with scripture, or departs from scripture entirely. 

• Her teaching regarding Sabbath-keeping, a defining doctrine of Adventism, is in opposition to the teaching given to us by the apostles of Jesus Christ who forbid us to judge others according to the observance of days. Ellen White taught that the 4th commandment is the basis of salvation in the Lord. Those who do not observe a day shall be destroyed in the lake of fire. 
  • Her teaching that the sins of those who believe in Jesus Christ will be placed upon Satan is in opposition to the One who bore our sins Himself (1 Peter 2:24).
  • Ellen White identified the Son of God as Michael the archangel, a grievous error concerning His person and authority as the Lord God Almighty. Far too many scriptural references to cover here. Michael is a servant of the Lord, not the Lord Himself. 
  • Her "gospel of health," referenced here in this topic a number of times, is another example of Ellen White's many errors. She claimed to receive this "gospel" in visions from the Lord, which we may recognize as false prophecy seeing as how this gospel of health contradicts the teachings of the apostles as shared in this thread. The Lord declared that nothing we ingest in this body can defile us, but Ellen White and the SDA church insists otherwise. 

As for myself, I tested the spirits decades ago and found they weren't of God. Let the Adventist do what seems right to themselves, then, and refrain from ruining the works of the Lord with food and a form of godliness which they seek to inflict upon their fellow man. The Lord did not burden His disciples in such a way. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,561
  • Content Per Day:  7.14
  • Days Won:  100

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Very true, but when in history was that discovered? When was the 'meat thermometer' invented to insure thorough cooking. Those ancients that looked on the burnt outside and said, "yep, it looks done to me." Or, I don't like my lambchop over cooked?

If they butchered meat, they would have visually seen worms in many animals. Pork was forbidden; ever seen the three foot long intestinal worms in many pigs at a slaughter house? I doubt the ancients knew about transmittable parasites and water born illnesses; thus God's dietary laws and some temporary relief:

1 Timothy 5:23 (KJV) Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

Cloven / un-cloven: What common animal, even to this day, if even handled much less than consumed, can you get leprosy from?

Knowing what we know today about increased risks associated with eating animal flesh and fats. Knowing the healthier pre-Hebrew, pre-Jewish diets. I've wondered why the Lord drastically changed the dietary laws directly after Noah got off the Ark? Any thoughts as to why?

I recommend reading the inspired words of the apostles, brother. Paul's work in particular stands out in this regard, explaining the Law to those whom the Law was never given (Gentiles). Appy has shared how the Lord declared all things clean and fit for us to eat, only forbidding us from eating the flesh of animals who are still living and to abstain from their blood. 

As we read in Acts 15 the Holy Spirit rendered judgment, clarifying that we --- Gentiles to whom the Law was never given --- were also to refuse things offered to idols and from the flesh of animals that are strangled. Familiarizing ourselves with the history of the societies of that day, we learn that "food offered to idols" was commonplace in the Roman Empire. In the present day, offering --- and then eating --- food to idols continues to be a custom in India, for example. That's not the only nation of this earth where this custom persists but it's noteworthy nevertheless.

So, read the letters of the apostles for answers to your questions. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.37
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Great job, Marathoner! Yes---there is much 'in her own words' that is heresy. There are many sincere Christians that don't have all the light that comes with Grace and the Cross. There are many gradients to that particular subject. We are all on a path toward the true 'Rest' in Christ. That is simply what it is.

What is most concerning about those that hold to White and her teaching is that bit about Christ being Michael and not fully divine. Although there are some sneaky ways around that employed.

Here is the vital thing---that teaching is teaching another Christ. An imaginary Christ that does not exist. Another Christ--another gospel. A false Christ. An anti-christ.

This is where souls are in jeapardy. It is my hope and prayer, that the Lord will use this forum for the True Lord Almighty Jesus Christ and His Glory.

It is difficult when an individual has embraced such things for a lifetime--to 'change'--but with God, all things are possible.

• Loved it! 1