Tammy Roesch

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Pork, shrimp and crawfish are abomination?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,501
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/12/2021 at 11:05 PM, walla299 said:

Yes, because the entire sacrificial system pointed to Christ, and Christ fulfilled it. Paul goes into quite a bit of detail on that in Galatians 3 and following. 

True, but I think it's a little more detailed than that. Hebrews 9:22 (KJV) And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Prior to Christ's resurrection, sin was temporarily covered by animal sacrifice. God Himself provided the first temporary animal sacrifice for Adam & Eve. In Old Testament times, they looked forward to the Cross. In our age of Grace, we look back at the Cross, and the permanent perfect sacrifice for sin. 

But what about the resumption of animal sacrifice during Christ's 1,000-year reign [cf. Eze. 40:39; 45:15; Zech. 14:8-21; Rev. 20:4-6; Eze. 40:-48:]? I believe it is symbolic, looking back, a remembrance of what Christ did for us. Much like the Lord's Supper [communion] we observe in remembrance and appreciation of Christ today.

Agree / disagree; your thoughts?

Anyway, other than 'hate', I cannot think of a stronger word used in the Bible? And without repentance, I would associate the two strongest words in the Bible [hate - abomination], with the strongest everlasting words one could hear: Matthew 7:23 (KJV) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Edited by Dennis1209

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

1 hour ago, Buddy D. Mouse said:

Pork, shrimp and crawfish are abomination?

Yes they are all scavengers. What they like to call bottom dwellers at the bottom of the food chain. Someday God will redeem even them. All of creation will be redeemed and restored. "For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now." Romans 8:22

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/12/2021 at 7:15 PM, Tammy Roesch said:

I understand that is how you believe, but I don't believe that. I believe that the ENTIRE BIBLE is God's Word.  The NT does not wipe out the OT or replace it.  They are in completely harmony if understood correctly.  

Matthew 5:29–30 (AV)
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matthew 7:1–6 (AV)
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.
6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

James 2:10 (AV)
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Galatians 3:11 (AV)
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:24–25 (AV)
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

John 3:16–18 (AV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

I've learned to climb down from the soapbox of self righteousness and share the love of Christ with everyone as the Bible says. It's all about faith / belief in Christ. The details of how we all live out that life of faith is between God and each individual. For anyone who casts the stones of judgment would have boulders of wrath dropped on their heads for all our own sins we dismiss and whitewash. 

I challenge anyone to list any sin God cannot / will not forgive other than unbelief in Christ Jesus (John 3:18).

I also challenge those who would condemn others to witness to them lovingly, not judgmentally...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Just F.Y.I. the Ku Klux Klan twists the very scriptures that prove God's love  into hate.

God hates all sin! All sin cost the blood Jesus.

God did so to save sinners.

Ye who art sinless, cast the first stone.