• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/09/1960

It seems when it comes to Chinese Corona Virus, and the two opposing sides MASK/VACCINE  or NO MASK/NO VACCINE, that there is far more of a tendency for those on the MASK/VACCINE side to CUT OFF those who don't stand with them.  That seems ironic to me.  If you wear the mask and are vaccinated and trust the FDA, seems as you ought to relax, and not be afraid of those who do not wear a mask and who are not vaccinated.  If I really believed in the MASK/VACCINE, I would hope I wouldn't worry about others who didn't wear it or were not vaccinated.  I don't believe in them, so I don't wear it and will never be vaccinated.

I also think it comes down to the fact that many are just plain afraid to die.  The fear of death overwhelms them, and causes them to cut off friends and family who they really love, rather than take a chance they might catch CCV from them.  As Christians, we shouldn't be afraid to die...we are all going to die at some point, unless Jesus returns first....and I'm sure not going to be wearing a mask the rest of my life!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Whatta CROCK - that people are afraid to die.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,387
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

its not that im afraid to die its the fact that i dont want to get sick and then pass it on to my loved ones or cause an outbreak in the building im living in

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/09/1960

3 minutes ago, Ghostdog said:

its not that im afraid to die its the fact that i dont want to get sick and then pass it on to my loved ones or cause an outbreak in the building im living in

And that is a really good motive :).  I'm SURE that not everyone is afraid to die, many think just like you...but there are many who think the other way, too.  I doubt very much that you are one of those who is afraid to be around those of us who are not vaccinated.  

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,387
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

2 minutes ago, Tammy Roesch said:

And that is a really good motive :).  I'm SURE that not everyone is afraid to die, many think just like you...but there are many who think the other way, too.  I doubt very much that you are one of those who is afraid to be around those of us who are not vaccinated.  

nope i dont care if a person is vaccinated or not ill hang out with them

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I am fully vaccinated. If that vaccination is effective - I wear a Mask so that I will not be a CARRIER of the virus to others (who may not be vaccinated because they see Vaccine as Mark of the Beast).

I am 68 years old and will die relatively soon anyway.

I would rather not see a world flooded with unvaccinated people. My son is a Registered Nurse at an ICU in El Paso - so far he has not been pressured to work more than 3 12-hour shifts per week.

But if things get worse, he may get pressured to work more, possibly putting his health at risk.

Those stubbornly refusing vaccination - that is YOUR RIGHT. But I feel your decision is helping to create a more unhealthy world.

The guy who doesn't wear a motorcycle helmet - yeah, it's his own life - but his actions cause everybody's insurance rates to go up.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  10,431
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  99

1 hour ago, Tammy Roesch said:

It seems when it comes to Chinese Corona Virus, and the two opposing sides MASK/VACCINE  or NO MASK/NO VACCINE, that there is far more of a tendency for those on the MASK/VACCINE side to CUT OFF those who don't stand with them.  That seems ironic to me.  If you wear the mask and are vaccinated and trust the FDA, seems as you ought to relax, and not be afraid of those who do not wear a mask and who are not vaccinated.  If I really believed in the MASK/VACCINE, I would hope I wouldn't worry about others who didn't wear it or were not vaccinated.  I don't believe in them, so I don't wear it and will never be vaccinated.

I also think it comes down to the fact that many are just plain afraid to die.  The fear of death overwhelms them, and causes them to cut off friends and family who they really love, rather than take a chance they might catch CCV from them.  As Christians, we shouldn't be afraid to die...we are all going to die at some point, unless Jesus returns first....and I'm sure not going to be wearing a mask the rest of my life!

This is what drives the senseless debate --- assumption --- for much is assumed on the part of the OP regarding the motives and concerns of others. Is it not enough to speak for one's self? Why must words and stances must be thrust upon others? 

Two outbreaks of COVID-19 struck the transitional housing shelter where I work. Many of our residents are particularly vulnerable, suffering from COPD and metabolic afflictions which put them at high risk. All but two members of staff were stricken with COVID-19, myself being one unaffected, and so I worked long hours meeting the needs of our quarantined residents, many of whom were positive and sick.

I was exposed to positive contacts on a daily basis throughout the pandemic last year, but this did not deter me from serving my neighbor. That's why the Lord sent me to this place after all, so I might serve my neighbor in need. The outbreaks resulted in the closure of the shelter so myself and another frontline worker were all that remained to ensure that our residents were looked after. 

I have faced death and the grave on a number of occasions and I do not value my own life so highly that I live in fear of passing from this world. On the contrary, the lives of my fellows are the greater concern, for it is my place to serve and protect them. My life for theirs; but turning away from foolish and reckless conduct, I will not place their lives in needless peril by virtue of my own insolence or arrogance.  

Therefore I have taken the necessary steps to protect my neighbor and this is pleasing to the Lord who raised me up from the shadow of death. Who desires to be free? Let them do what is right in their own eyes but as for myself, when the Lord God set me free I said, "I do not wish to be free. I have been given Life and a new heart by the Lord. I love my Master and want nothing more but to serve Him forever. I live for Christ, not myself." 

I clearly possess an immunity to the coronaviruses (I have always tested negative) but this doesn't matter. It was fitting and good that I receive the vaccine as did my sibling who is also immune.  Like me, she stood by while everyone around her fell ill. 

Let the assumptions and contentiousness cease. Speak for yourself, not others. 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12

25 minutes ago, Buddy D. Mouse said:

I am fully vaccinated. If that vaccination is effective - I wear a Mask so that I will not be a CARRIER of the virus to others (who may not be vaccinated because they see Vaccine as Mark of the Beast).

I am 68 years old and will die relatively soon anyway.

I would rather not see a world flooded with unvaccinated people. My son is a Registered Nurse at an ICU in El Paso - so far he has not been pressured to work more than 3 12-hour shifts per week.

But if things get worse, he may get pressured to work more, possibly putting his health at risk.

Those stubbornly refusing vaccination - that is YOUR RIGHT. But I feel your decision is helping to create a more unhealthy world.

The guy who doesn't wear a motorcycle helmet - yeah, it's his own life - but his actions cause everybody's insurance rates to go up.

One of the main differences between these vaccines (against the Wuhan virus (Covid-19)) and traditional ones, is that the traditional ones have been developed and tested over years.  The ones being used against Covid have been developed and tested over a much shorter period of time, and their long-term effects are unknown.  Some experts have serious concerns about them; but, if they speak out, they are hounded and their warnings are suppressed.

There is a very vicious element in the pro-Covid-vaccine group, which will attack anyone who dares to voice objections (including vicious social media attacks on medical professionals), or to promote effective non-vaccine treatments (e.g. Hydroxychloroquine or Ivermectin), even if those treatments are being used to great effect, in different parts of the world.

What is happening now is very different from the situation with traditional vaccines.  I have a German girlfriend and she says that what is happening now, with regard to how the unvaccinated are being treated, is similar to how the Nazis treated the Jews, before the full-blown concentration camp/exterminations began.  Some people have even suggested that the unvaccinated should wear something to show the fact (yellow star anyone?).

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,563
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

13 minutes ago, David1701 said:

One of the main differences between these vaccines (against the Wuhan virus (Covid-19)) and traditional ones, is that the traditional ones have been developed and tested over years.  The ones being used against Covid have been developed and tested over a much shorter period of time, and their long-term effects are unknown.  Some experts have serious concerns about them; but, if they speak out, they are hounded and their warnings are suppressed.

There is a very vicious element in the pro-Covid-vaccine group, which will attack anyone who dares to voice objections (including vicious social media attacks on medical professionals), or to promote effective non-vaccine treatments (e.g. Hydroxychloroquine or Ivermectin), even if those treatments are being used to great effect, in different parts of the world.

What is happening now is very different from the situation with traditional vaccines.  I have a German girlfriend and she says that what is happening now, with regard to how the unvaccinated are being treated, is similar to how the Nazis treated the Jews, before the full-blown concentration camp/exterminations began.  Some people have even suggested that the unvaccinated should wear something to show the fact (yellow star anyone?).

Wow a yellow star? Its getting crazy now.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  586
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

What I have observed concerning Covid-19, it's simply random.   10 people can have it and none of them are suffering the same specific illnesses.   And then we add a vaccination, a literal stab in the dark and based upon the original variance before that itself evolved into these numerous other variances.   But there are common connectors to all variances these vaccinations do attack.   And agreed, for a very few in the overall count, it's like playing Russian Roulette.   But for the vast majority, it's like the other boosters before.   

Personally, you have to be comfortable about choosing to get vaccinated or not.   And this world doesn't present much comfort at all to be trusting.   But for many whose lives are dedicated to solving issues for viruses, like covid-19,  they don't have an ulterior motive to deceive anyone.   And they are putting their own trust into their own research and taking their own vaccination <before> passing it onto others.   They are really only trying to slow this epidemic down.   

Edited by AandW_Rootbeer
  • Thumbs Up 1