Snow4JC

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I think that I get what you are hinting at and I agree...allow me to elaborate...

If someone receives Jesus Christ as their Saviour do they first need to be taught about the Trinity? Of course not, and I hope that I did not come off that way in my posts. What I do believe is that ONCE A PERSON IS SAVED, the Holy Ghost, Whom Jesus will send to guide the believer into all Truth...WILL WITNESS TO THAT PERSONS SPIRIT THE TRUTH OF GOD'S TRIUNE NATURE. A saved person new in the faith may not be initially SURE about the Trinity...but certainly will not DENY the Trinity...and definitely will come to CONFESS the Godhead in no uncertain terms.

Hope we are now on the same wavelength.

Absolutely!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is amazing how two people can agree on something for so long and yet misunderstand each other so greatly. Funny if you ask me...haha!!! :noidea:

Good night everyone.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and now for something completly different.....

since you guys are all kissy-kissy now, does anyone remember the old western trilogy "My name is Trinity" (or something like that?)

Does someone have to believe in the trilogy to be safe? :noidea:

(OK so I'm bored)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The apostles were told to baptise in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit; Jesus doesn't say "but it only works if you believe that these are three persons but one God".

The doctrine of the Trinity wasn't even established until a couple of centuries after the apostles, because it had never been clarified. It isn't something clearly laid out anywhere in scripture.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So does this mean you do not Believe Jesus is God? :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course I believe Jesus is God... but that's the Incarnation, not the Trinity.

When the question is asked, "Is belief in the Trinity essential to one's Salvation?" the answer must be no, for the belief in a flawed doctrinal explanation of a profound spiritual reality has absolutely nothing to do with genuine salvation. It only muddies the waters. In short, if you have Christ, you have the entire Triune God. There is no need for a belief or a confession.

:noidea: Spot on, better than I could have explained it. :blink:

So you are telling me I can deny that Jesus is God on the grounds that it's labled a "doctrine" - yet still get to heaven ?

No-one is saying that. Denial is not the opposite of belief; it's not an "either/or" question.

I would say that if someone is denying that Jesus is God it would be symptomatic of some other problem (e.g. being part of a cult or denomination adhering to other false doctrines, or wanting to avoid a particular teaching that they didn't like) - rather than the root of the problem itself.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

and now for something completly different.....

since you guys are all kissy-kissy now, does anyone remember the old western trilogy "My name is Trinity"  (or something like that?)

Yeah.....my favorite one was "My Name is Nobody"............Henry Fonda was also in that one.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/31/1968

What if you have someone who never hears the gospel- i.e. lives in some remote place where they don't learn of Jesus or the holy spirit?

God makes every man without excuse on the day of judgment, showing himself through nature in his glorious creation.

Now if you acknowledge that you are sinful, and that god is perfect in this type of situation- then that should be enough.  God has to give every person the opportunity to get to heaven.  As long as someone recognises the concept of themselves being sinful, and god being perfect- and worshipping god for that- that should be enough.

But for those with the knowledge of the gospel- where the holy spirit comes in and dwells inside you when you receive christ- it is essential to know the role that God plays as sending his son Jesus as the payment for our sin- and the holy spirit as the comforter who came after Jesus ascended back into heaven.

The holy spirit enters us when we receive Christ- guaranteeing us a place in heaven- sealing us for the day of redemption.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately for people like me who cannot wait for the second coming of Christ...It will not be until every single person on this planet has heard the Gospel that Jesus will come...

Matthew 24:14

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

(I say unfortunately because I reeeaaaallly can't wait! :thumbsup: )

So don't worry about those "living in caves" ... When The Lord says, they WILL hear about Him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

What if you have someone who never hears the gospel- i.e. lives in some remote place where they don't learn of Jesus or the holy spirit?

God makes every man without excuse on the day of judgment, showing himself through nature in his glorious creation.

Now if you acknowledge that you are sinful, and that god is perfect in this type of situation- then that should be enough.

• Content Count:  193
  • Birthday:  09/11/1973

re: Is belief in the Trinity essential to one's Salvation?

Snow

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No.

Are you Roman Catholic by any chance?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:24: Not by any chance! Why do you ask ? More than just the Catholics believe in the Trinity my friend!

Be blessed,

Tim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I asked because your previous response made just about the same argument that the Catholic Church did in their council decrees of Nicea and Constantimople. That argument being basically, "If anyone confesses anything other than what this council has decreed (or dogmatically defined), let him be anathema (or cursed to hell, basically)."

BTW: Maybe I should point out here that the term essential means something that it integral to the functioning of something. So when someone asks, "Is X essential," he or she is asking if it's an absolute requirement. For example, your heart is an essential part of your body. Without it you would die.

I have not yet found a single verse or verses which explicitly state or imply that unless one believes in "the Trinity" that he will not be saved. Nor have I found anywhere that states or implies that a confession of "the Trinity" is a confession unto salvation.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really must get going...but quickly...you must believe in the "Trinity" to be saved...because the Bible says that God is a "Trinity". You must believe in God. If God is a Trinity, He is a Trinity. He can't and won't stop that. It's a fact.

The tread doesn't say...DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE TRINITY...which is a whole other topic.

The question is...IS BELIEVE IN THE TRINITY ESSENTIAL TO SALVATION???

Obviously...if God IS IN FACT Triune...one would have to believe that for salvation. If God is not Triune...one would not have to believe that...make sense?

Would you not agree that IF God is Triune...you would have to believe that for salvation. If not...falling short of this would be falling short of having the correct God for salvation.

Anyway...God bless you all and talk to you later on tonight, Lord willing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are many verses in the Bible that talk about salvation, baptism, the new birth, being born again, etc..., but I don't remember reading one that says you have to believe in and or understand God and/or the Godhead to be saved? I could be wrong, but I don't think that I am? :noidea:

Jesus said you must believe in His deity in order to be saved. But, nowhere is belief in the Trinity explicity demanded for salvation.

But, seeing as Jesus said you must believe He is God... and assuming that the person also believes that the Father is God... it stands to reason that they believe in the Trinity... unless they are Oneness.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey T&O, long time no see... well is this considered seeing :noidea: ... well I think you know what I mean :24: .

I know I don't post here as much as I would like to, but I do read alot. For those who don't know, I am a "Oneness" Pentecostal. I do not believe in the Trinity. Does that mean I am not saved? Does that mean that I am not a christian? Does that mean my relationship with Jesus Christ, my Lord, is not a real relationship? What about a Trinitarian Pentecostal, are they saved just because they believe in the Trinity? :24:

Edited by Joe@actsii

I would also like to say that for the most part, people here have been very kind and polite to me, even though I believe things differently then some. :noidea: I would just like to say thank you. :24::24: