FieryFury

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I’ve been a Christian for 20 years but I’ve had a very unusual journey. I’ve been going thru a spiritual test for almost the last 2 yrs. For me, I’m mainly used to God speaking to me a couple different ways for 17 yrs, and now for the last 3, I feel he’s gone silent. He used to speak to me thru both audible and an inaudible voice, through peace and confirmations. 

Now, I’m struggling everyday to figure out what it is he’s trying to show and/or tell me. I know he’s trying to get me to a spot of a new level in faith and that this test I’m going thru is trying to get me to that spot but it’s so hard. 

How can I zone into God’s voice? I try to do devotions but they don’t always help. I do receive peace which does help. 

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,328
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

2 hours ago, FieryFury said:

Now, I’m struggling everyday to figure out what it is he’s trying to show and/or tell me. I know he’s trying to get me to a spot of a new level in faith and that this test I’m going thru is trying to get me to that spot but it’s so hard. 

How can I zone into God’s voice? I try to do devotions but they don’t always help. I do receive peace which does help. 

When the Lord speaks, this is for our benefit. When the Lord is silent, this is also for our benefit. Let it be said that the work Christ started in us is not only for our benefit, but for the benefit of others; indeed, more so for the benefit of others because we are recipients of the calling.

We are called to be like Him. As He suffered so we suffer, and as the Lord poured Himself out for our sake, we pour ourselves out for the sake of others in denial of this flesh. The denial of the flesh is a fruit of the trial, my friend. A reliance upon sensation and feeling is that product of the flesh you must mortify, along with the notion that one "zones into" the voice of the Lord. One does not divine the mouth of God, @FieryFury.

When the Lord speaks we most assuredly hear His voice and when He is silent, we do not hear His voice. And yet He has given us the most marvelous gift in the scriptures, so that we might always hear His voice regardless of the season. Recognize the sensations and feelings you are accustomed to relying upon as ephemeral and even tawdry, for the Lord is not the God of our feelings or sensations. 

God is the God of the living, not the dead. It seems that you already grasp what the Lord is working to magnify in you --- faith --- but not a faith based upon your state of mind and emotions. No, this is a faith which is grown by patience and endurance, fruits of the trial. :)    

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,024
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

7 hours ago, FieryFury said:

Other people's devotional material can be edifying, but may I suggest you try speaking to God with pen and paper, perhaps some sort of journal in which you jot down what's on your heart and in your mind, and search out any Scriptures that can be associated with what eventuates.

God speaks to us through the Scriptures, and if we are being chastised and corrected it is to train us to pay attention and be obedient. If there is bitterness in our hearts we must address this and pray for repentance so it can be removed. Painful perhaps but worth enduring.

Jer 29:11-15  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.  (12)  Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.  (13)  And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.  (14)  I will be found by you, says the LORD, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the LORD, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive.  (15)  Because you have said, "The LORD has raised up prophets for us in Babylon"—

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

12 hours ago, FieryFury said:

Now, I’m struggling everyday to figure out what it is he’s trying to show and/or tell me.

So to use an illustration:

As an employee of mircosoft you have been used to Bill Gates ringing you to tell you to be at work on time, or to talk to you about the project you are working on.

God speaks through his word to everyone who is listening. in his word he tells us to test every message that does not come from the bible and to check those messages that do come from the bible.

You want to grow in your relationship with God?

May I suggest that you search for the hymn, ' I asked the Lord that I might grow' and read it carefully as it gives an interesting example of how Paul grew in his relationship with God.

link:- https://sovereigngracemusic.org/music/songs/i-asked-the-lord-that-i-might-grow/

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

12 hours ago, FieryFury said:

I’ve been a Christian for 20 years but I’ve had a very unusual journey. I’ve been going thru a spiritual test for almost the last 2 yrs. For me, I’m mainly used to God speaking to me a couple different ways for 17 yrs, and now for the last 3, I feel he’s gone silent. He used to speak to me thru both audible and an inaudible voice, through peace and confirmations. 

Read the Bible.  If you want to hear God's voice out loud, read it out loud.  God has said all He is going to say in the Biblical record.  It's all there if you want to search for it.  If you ignore His Bible, then you won't be hearing His voice any other way.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  537
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

23 hours ago, FieryFury said:

@FieryFury, I know what you going through.

I have prayed for you and will continue to pray for you.

I am going through similar circumstances right now with the Lord. He is silent right now, as I go through some severe physical pain, and this is the first time for Him to be silent and not give me some relief or just plain heal me. He has healed me many times over the years. Now He is silent to my crying out, and I feel a bit lost. He's always been my help in times of trouble.

Been a Christian long enough to know He is close to me and loves me through all this, it's just the change and His being silent is a bit un-nerving, and I'm not sure how to respond to His silence, but I continue praying, and seeking Him out, and continue praising Him with all my heart. I have prayed and told Him I feel lost and confused.

Like Peter said, "Where else do I go Lord?" God is our only answer for everything, sometimes through His leading and guiding through the Holy Spirit.

Arrabon

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

Its not easy to understand abt Godhead n it takes the whole life of praying n fasting like prophet Daniel.