IGNORED

When dealing with a difficult situation that require action, do you wait on God, or pursue what you can pursue

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1

I would like to know your opinion regarding a family battle.  I have some people in my family that are working to hurt me, and have threatened me and abused a disabled family member.  I have filed two protective orders.  One was successful, and has now ended after two years.  I filed for an extension, but the court denied the extension.  I disagree with the judge, and  I want to file an appeal with a higher court, but I wonder should I just let it go and let God deal with it. 

The other protective order against a family member is still in court, and I'm having a hard time because I'm now in a higher court due to it being denied, three times.  

These family members are dangerous, and have harmed other people in my family.  I now have some evidence of a terrible crime they have committed, but the person heading this abuse is an ex-cop and is connected to people who is covering for them.  They have other cops on their side, who are family friends.

I feel if I don't find a way to stop them, a disabled family member will be harmed, and I myself will be harmed.  

I have searched for scripture that can address this situation, but I still don't know if I should continue to address what I can through the courts considering their influence with people in high positions, or leave everything along and let God take care of this.

Do you have any biblical suggestions?  It's really a dangerous situation.

God bless!

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

I would say it makes no more sense to stop pursuing protection from harm through the legal system than it does to stop pursuing it through calling the police, or to stop pursuing medical help through doctors.

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. -- Romans 13:1-7

These are the things that you shall do: Speak the truth to one another; render in your gates judgments that are true and make for peace; do not devise evil in your hearts against one another, and love no false oath, for all these things I hate, declares the Lord. -- Zechariah 8:16-17

We are not commanded in any way to cut ourselves off from government, rulers, or authorities of the world, except in cases when they are blatantly ordering/requiring us to sin against God. In fact there are many passages which encourage us to be good and honest participants of the earthly governments and societies that we live in.

I would continue to pursue protection and justice. I would not, of course, cease for even a day to pray about it, recognizing that God is the ultimate arbiter, and it may be his will to work his purpose through these people's injustice.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  579
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  2

Perhaps what I can share will cast a different light on your prayer time and the way you seek the Father in heaven to settle the matter you have raised.

Firstly you have to establish by rational means and with prayer who the lead male is in your antagonist party.

Then go before the Father and ask the Lord to hand them over to judgement in their own bodies. 

Just one man - no other. Then having prayed in the spirit remain silent about the entire matter to all others with no exceptions. Then see what the Father will do.

If the lead male antagonist is a believer then ask the judgement to be unto death. The Lord can raise up another in the small hours to deliver them once a portion has been measured. 

When men set themselves against their own kin and set about to do harm to distressed people they are the least to be pitied. If the man is your father then cry out for mercy - if not then show no mercy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

First pray. Pray fervently and throw all your needs upon God.

Pray for his intervention and protection.

As to, the court orders that depends on value for money. Are you throwing away good money not to achieve the outcome you want??

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. 
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.  Proverbs 3:5+6

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Im in a wait situation as well. Was going to post abt it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

8 hours ago, Waggles said:

First pray. Pray fervently and throw all your needs upon God.

Pray for his intervention and protection.

As to, the court orders that depends on value for money. Are you throwing away good money not to achieve the outcome you want??

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. 
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.  Proverbs 3:5+6

Thank you and to everyone for guiding me with your suggestions and scriptures!   

I do feel blessed and will pray about your suggestions and for God’s revelation!

As far as throwing away money, I haven’t spent much - just court filing fees. Lawyers are influenced to not represent me due to my family’s connection. I’m the victim, but because of false reports done by the ex-cop in the family and the persuasion they have with other police, they quickly stop Attornies from representing me; and send sheriffs within the courts to influence the court system to mess my cases up. I have evidence of this.

I also have evidence that God gave me that can land them under the jail for their crimes, and if the death penalty exist in the state where the crime happened, due to the heinous nature, they would be put to death! This is what they are desperately covering up.

They know that if I’m successful with getting someone to hear me properly in a court of law, they would never get out of jail. What they have done to hurt people, they don’t deserve anything less. 

Yet, I will be successful; God will bring them to justice. It doesn’t matter how much they hide! And soon, very soon!

God bless you and thank you for your edification and strength!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Always pray and wait for God.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

I pray for swift justice, that not one more person be harmed, that God give you wisdom and that He protect you and others who could be harmed.

A bible passage comes to mind: Proverbs 31:8-9 

Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction. Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Find what your hand finds to do, walk the path before you and God will reveal the rest of the way

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,264
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,389
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 9/8/2021 at 4:35 PM, biblelesson said:

I would like to know your opinion regarding a family battle.  I have some people in my family that are working to hurt me, and have threatened me and abused a disabled family member.  I have filed two protective orders.  One was successful, and has now ended after two years.  I filed for an extension, but the court denied the extension.  I disagree with the judge, and  I want to file an appeal with a higher court, but I wonder should I just let it go and let God deal with it. 

The other protective order against a family member is still in court, and I'm having a hard time because I'm now in a higher court due to it being denied, three times.  

These family members are dangerous, and have harmed other people in my family.  I now have some evidence of a terrible crime they have committed, but the person heading this abuse is an ex-cop and is connected to people who is covering for them.  They have other cops on their side, who are family friends.

I feel if I don't find a way to stop them, a disabled family member will be harmed, and I myself will be harmed.  

I have searched for scripture that can address this situation, but I still don't know if I should continue to address what I can through the courts considering their influence with people in high positions, or leave everything along and let God take care of this.

Do you have any biblical suggestions?  It's really a dangerous situation.

God bless!

Hi, while reading your post, the best way I would handle this issue is, after you have did all you can do is wait upon The Lord, because He is the only one that can help you.

Love, Walter