missmuffet

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

We have all our insurance (cars, house, RV) with Farmers and have for decades.   They have taken very good care of us when damage happens.  It's not the cheapest, but close.  They have actual people to deal with instead of computers and I haven't had a single instance claim where they have failed to pay or given me trouble about it.   They have roofed my house three times in the last 42 years and covered damage I did to the RV and when a neighbor got mad and broke the windshields on the Winnebago.

I do have full coverage on both our old vehicles but both of them are about $450 every six months.   When you combine all your insurance together one gets discounts.    But it really is expensive no matter what you have...   but it is necessary long term.....    In Oklahoma sooner or later a hail storm is going to get your roof or a tornado take your whole house.... 

But and that's a big but, not every state is the same.  Each state has it's own rules on how insurance companies operate so Farmers in your state might not be as good of a deal as they are here.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

On 10/29/2021 at 7:00 PM, other one said:

We have all our insurance (cars, house, RV) with Farmers and have for decades.   They have taken very good care of us when damage happens.  It's not the cheapest, but close.  They have actual people to deal with instead of computers and I haven't had a single instance claim where they have failed to pay or given me trouble about it.   They have roofed my house three times in the last 42 years and covered damage I did to the RV and when a neighbor got mad and broke the windshields on the Winnebago.

I do have full coverage on both our old vehicles but both of them are about $450 every six months.   When you combine all your insurance together one gets discounts.    But it really is expensive no matter what you have...   but it is necessary long term.....    In Oklahoma sooner or later a hail storm is going to get your roof or a tornado take your whole house.... 

But and that's a big but, not every state is the same.  Each state has it's own rules on how insurance companies operate so Farmers in your state might not be as good of a deal as they are here.

I have not been with Farmers very long so I really can not review them. They definately are not the cheapest but for me somewhat affordable. A couple of the cheapest is Geico and Progressive. But try getting a claim processed. It is only on-line and it is a nightmare. The customer service is horrible. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 3:12 PM, missmuffet said:

Why is auto insurance so high? It is wrong for a person to drive their car without insurance. They will be a big trouble if pulled over. But it would be very difficult for a person who is financially stuggling to afford the auto insurance prices today. Especially if a husband and wife each had their own car. Auto insurance on just one car is very, very expensive. I recently went to Farm's insurance and I am not impressed. 

Auto Insurance companies have been running commercials on TV and streaming services like there's no tomorrow.  There must be big money in auto insurance. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Auto Insurance companies have been running commercials on TV and streaming services like there's no tomorrow.  There must be big money in auto insurance. 

The problem is that many are driving without insurance. That is why I had to get uninsured which costs more. 

• 11 months later...

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I never thought my auto insurance was all that bad...if you think your paying to much shop around.

Homeowners insurance however...

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

I am looking at an EV. I have heard they might have a higher rate. I need to check that before I consider pulling the trigger.

For us, State Farm has been pretty good and we pass right by an in person agent almost every day so they are close. Several times that has come in handy.

I haven't looked at my house insurance lately. I need to have another evaluation done, but I dread it.