IGNORED

What Form Or State Does Satan Morph Into An Angel Of Light From?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, Kelly2363 said:

I am the former Occult Theosopher

I see. I still believe what I already posted. I did not quote you so you should not take it as correction, but disagreement. 

Edited by Hopefully

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  579
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I see. I still believe what I already posted. I did not quote you so you should not take it as correction, but disagreement. 

Well what you posted was a misquote from a short story by a French poet from the mid to late 19th Century. So you didn't say anything of your own - As you assert that I should NOT take your post as a correction and instead rather as your belief - then you are free to hold whatever belief you want to hold of course. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, Kelly2363 said:

then you are free to hold whatever belief you want to hold of course. 

What a beautiful thing freedom of belief is. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

10 hours ago, Michael37 said:

The question, "What Form Or State Does Satan Morph Into An Angel Of Light From?" arises from these verses:

2Co 11:13-15  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.  (14)  And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.  (15)  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

Opinions vary as to whether Satan is actually an angelic being, so this could be interesting.

Satan is deceptive - he wants us to believe he is a good guy. He masquerades as an angel of light.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,070
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

13 hours ago, Kelly2363 said:

Lucifer doesn't exist anymore. It's one of the mistaken beliefs that even believers uphold and with it we give credence to his former beauty as though he still were perfect in wisdom and beauty - as in the day he was created.

Interesting comment, Kelly. 

As you know, Satan manifests in various ways to oppose the Will of God, such as the time he tempted Jesus in the wilderness, and the time he expressed himself through Peter, and when he filled the hearts of Ananias and Sapphira who agreed to lie to the Holy Spirit.

Others have commented that Satan's appearance as an angel of light is to disguise his intentions, which can be said are to corrupt, deceive, and exploit. 

The Greek word translated as is transformed in this verse is metaschēmatizō which includes figure and fashion in its meaning when looked into further. The power of Satan to disguise himself as a figure after the fashion of his former beauty and perfection is what attracts those who operate under his command today.

2Co 11:14  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 

Strongs G3345
μετασχηματίζω
metaschēmatizō
met-askh-ay-mat-id'-zo
From G3326 and a derivative of G4976; to transfigure or disguise; figuratively to apply (by accommodation): - transfer, transform (self).
Total KJV occurrences: 5

Strongs G4976
σχῆμα
schēma
skhay'-mah
From the alternate of G2192; a figure (as a mode or circumstance), that is, (by implication) external condition: - fashion.
Total KJV occurrences: 2

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

22 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Opinions vary as to whether Satan is actually an angelic being, so this could be interesting.

I think we would have to define "angelic being"     He is a heavenly being or probably better said from the spirit world, but I think we misuse that word angel a lot.   In reality he's really pretty pitiful.   Once one of Gods most beautiful creations, got full of himself and wanted to be God...  It's really kind of sad.  Once you have been around him or close to his organization one has to just step back and pretty much say or think, "what a waste."

I think if people who are not in the Book of Life ever see him in his light body, they will be taken in hook line and sinker.  We'll see.   

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,146
  • Content Per Day:  9.58
  • Days Won:  149

In my opinion Satan is a reptile. He is a beautiful reptile though. The bible describes him as covered in emeralds ( colorful scales)

Ezekiel 28:13

Thou wast in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, the topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was in thee; in the day that thou wast created they were prepared.

the serpent dragon theme runs through many cultures.

Edited by Starise

1 hour ago, Starise said:

the serpent dragon theme runs through many cultures.

Yes, it crops up in heraldry and mythology and oriental superstitions alike. 

Whereas the Christian regards the dragon as a symbol of evil, other worldviews associate it, among other things, with good luck.

Unlike the “evil” dragon of the Western imagination, the Chinese dragon is a beneficent and gracious creature. In popular mythology it signifies power, excellence, goodness, perseverance, heroism, nobility and greatness. It brings energy, optimism, intelligence, courage, good fortune and ambition. In the philosophy of the Yin and Yang, it is identified with Yang – the “positive” and active pole of life, the realm of spirit, heaven and the divine. In one tradition, we find three classes of dragons: the lowest were the Li Lung or earth dragons, whose realm was the waters of the earth, the second class were the Chen Lung who were associated with storms and clouds (the astral realm) and finally we find the Tien lung or celestial dragons, who belonged to the spiritual realm and guarded the mansions of the gods.[ The Symbolism of the Chinese Dragon - New Acropolis Library]

1 hour ago, Starise said:

In my opinion Satan is a reptile. He is a beautiful reptile though. The bible describes him as covered in emeralds ( colorful scales)

Ezekiel 28:13

Thou wast in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, the topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was in thee; in the day that thou wast created they were prepared.

The description you quote is of Lucifer pre-Fall, pre-Adversary, pre-Curse. (notice the order here).

The reptilian characterisation stems from the use of the snake by Satan to deceive Eve in Eden. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,146
  • Content Per Day:  9.58
  • Days Won:  149

17 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Yes, it crops up in heraldry and mythology and oriental superstitions alike. 

Whereas the Christian regards the dragon as a symbol of evil, other worldviews associate it, among other things, with good luck.

Unlike the “evil” dragon of the Western imagination, the Chinese dragon is a beneficent and gracious creature. In popular mythology it signifies power, excellence, goodness, perseverance, heroism, nobility and greatness. It brings energy, optimism, intelligence, courage, good fortune and ambition. In the philosophy of the Yin and Yang, it is identified with Yang – the “positive” and active pole of life, the realm of spirit, heaven and the divine. In one tradition, we find three classes of dragons: the lowest were the Li Lung or earth dragons, whose realm was the waters of the earth, the second class were the Chen Lung who were associated with storms and clouds (the astral realm) and finally we find the Tien lung or celestial dragons, who belonged to the spiritual realm and guarded the mansions of the gods.[ The Symbolism of the Chinese Dragon - New Acropolis Library]

The description you quote is of Lucifer pre-Fall, pre-Adversary, pre-Curse. (notice the order here).

The reptilian characterisation stems from the use of the snake by Satan to deceive Eve in Eden. 

Thanks for these additional references to reptiles in Chinese culture. Other Asian cultures are similar in their adoption of the dragon. Interestingly the great Dragon is mentioned in Revelation. How Satan would appear now would probably be tied into a person's views on where Satan is now. Is he bound in hell waiting for judgement as some think or is he alive and well still working on planet earth in some capacity. I believe the latter is true. It is little wonder the serpent or dragon is seen as benevolent and wise. The Chinese culture does not worship Jesus as a whole and instead they look at the dragon as their god. Could this be telling? I think it is. I believe this all has ancient roots that allude to some truth as to who or what they worship. Of course these cultures want to see their Gods as good, yet are they really? We know better.

I believe the idea of the serpent in the garden was more than a mere characterization. Neither do I think Satan was a spirit who had possessed a snake. No. This was his natural form which most in the west associate with something ugly and abhorrent. This was a reptile like no other who was highly intelligent, gifted in music for the purpose of praising God and leading others to praise Him, yet evil was found in him.

It is also interesting to note that when certain persons were said to be demon possessed they often exhibit snake like traits. You won't find these references under demonic possession. You will find them in looking at some individuals who don't seem totally human. I attribute it to demonic possession. David Icke attributes it to reptilians. These often are not overt things but things occasionally caught in videos or seen by credible eye witnesses.

I readily admit these are only my opinions based on my private research. I do believe the devil's appearance is more than symbolic in calling him a dragon or a serpent. I think he really is. Just not the type we commonly think of when we think of snakes.

49 minutes ago, Starise said:

I believe the idea of the serpent in the garden was more than a mere characterization. Neither do I think Satan was a spirit who had possessed a snake. No. This was his natural form which most in the west associate with something ugly and abhorrent. This was a reptile like no other who was highly intelligent, gifted in music for the purpose of praising God and leading others to praise Him, yet evil was found in him.

In literary terms the dragon/serpent association with Satan is metaphorical, a device to describe his (Satan's) nature [evil], behaviour [wicked], and character [adversarial], stemming from the devastating encounter of the first humans with the serpent in the Garden of Eden. As to whether that serpent was particularly beautiful is not stated in the narrative, but it certainly was a cunning creature, most likely with legs before God cursed it to crawl on its belly. 

Rev 12:9  So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

As covered, opinions vary as to whether Satan is ever literally a physical, material dragon or serpent.

Michael and his angels are shown in Revelation 12 to be fighting against the great dragon, from which we are led to believe that this is how Satan manifests in this conflict with the aforesaid heavemly host. No problem, but I seriously doubt that anyone on planet earth will be confronted physically with a literal 7 headed, 10 horned dragon as described.