• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

Some people "go along to get along." Others try to do the right things. Sometimes these two groups find themselves at odds with each other.

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

32 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Some people "go along to get along." Others try to do the right things. Sometimes these two groups find themselves at odds with each other.

I think we should all endeavor to live in unity, unless that endeavor leads to compromising the truth of the Gospel. And if opposing views arise, we should obey the Lord by speaking the truth in love. Too many times people don't know how to handle someone when disagreements arise. Our main purpose as Christians is to always reflect Christ.

Gary

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bropro said:

I think we should all endeavor to live in unity, unless that endeavor leads to compromising the truth of the Gospel. And if opposing views arise, we should obey the Lord by speaking the truth in love. Too many times people don't know how to handle someone when disagreements arise. Our main purpose as Christians is to always reflect Christ.

Gary

The world is in the power of the devil, the Bible teaches us. It's nice to live in unity, but as you say, we mustn't compromise the truth of the Gospel. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

Know yourself. Know your core values. Know what is essential and be willing to let go of anything that isn't. Many times I see people falling on their proverbial swords for things that don't matter while sacrificing that which does. It's a shame.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

8 hours ago, LearningToLetGo said:

Many times I see people falling on their proverbial swords for things that don't matter while sacrificing that which does.

Spiritual reasonableness ought to hold us back from devoting so much time to issues (e.g. health care, working out, hobbies, etc.) that spiritual matters are forced into the background.  As a life-long avid reader of anything, I have to caution myself not to spend too much time reading the news and spend more time reading, praying and pondering religious matters.  As in all cases, spiritual matters are most important: "That you may make sure of the more important things..." Philippians 1:10.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

We are to have one loyalty 
Luke 10:25-28

25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
KJV

This 'IS' Life....

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

15 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Some people are just not going to like each other. There are many reasons for that. Personality differences, religion differences, political differences etc. Then there are people who bond very easily. The first time they meet they know that they will be friends. 

35 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Some people are just not going to like each other. There are many reasons for that. Personality differences, religion differences, political differences etc. Then there are people who bond very easily. The first time they meet they know that they will be friends. 

I think some people are social climbers who will only like you if your are their ally. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I think some people are social climbers who will only like you if your are their ally. 

Their are all kind of different people in this world with different personalities. Also a lot of personality disorders.