• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

57 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Could you rephrase your first comment. I do not see where you are coming from. What does cosmology  of scriptural prophesy have to do with the subject matter that I am speaking of. I have spoken of nothing deceptive or fraudulent. I wonder if we are on the same page. Please explain what you are saying in terms to what I have said.

The hearers with itching ears have been thoroughly indoctrinated into a scheme of nonsense by the teachers. They keep returning for more of the same and the constant publication of prophesy ideas that are so far from what the prophets meant it is funny, and sad.

Spiritual and ancient cosmology is so alien to us in the 21st with our silly ideas of a reality we cannot comprehend. Just read some of it and see.

Get a handle on "prophet-speak" first, then embrace the ancient's cosmology which is just as spiritual as it ever was.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

38 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

The hearers with itching ears have been thoroughly indoctrinated into a scheme of nonsense by the teachers. They keep returning for more of the same and the constant publication of prophesy ideas that are so far from what the prophets meant it is funny, and sad.

Spiritual and ancient cosmology is so alien to us in the 21st with our silly ideas of a reality we cannot comprehend. Just read some of it and see.

Get a handle on "prophet-speak" first, then embrace the ancient's cosmology which is just as spiritual as it ever was.

Your phraseology is still alien to me . I like to talk in simple terms that even a child could understand.

Actually it was the church that stopped listening to sound doctrine so they hired teachers to teach  things that they were more comfortable with. Things like Pre- Trib.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

1 minute ago, Mike Mclees said:

Your phraseology is still alien to me . I like to talk in simple terms that even a child could understand.

Actually it was the church that stopped listening to sound doctrine so they hired teachers to teach  things that they were more comfortable with. Things like Pre- Trib.

Dispensational and pre-mil stuff is just the tip of the false nonsense.

Learn to understand ALL the Tanakh's prophets and repurposed words in the later scriptures.

Preach the Gospel and nothing else.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Dispensational and pre-mil stuff is just the tip of the false nonsense.

Learn to understand ALL the Tanakh's prophets and repurposed words in the later scriptures.

Preach the Gospel and nothing else.

There are also different gifts besides evangelists. We also have to be taught how to be true believers through learning the New Testament which warns of false teacher and the consequences that can come by listening to them 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.68
  • Days Won:  149

While"teachers with itching ears" covers a lot more territory than just this one subject, I think the title applies. What is a teacher with itching ears?

-A person who willfully teaches false doctrine, even in the face of the facts. i.e. infant baptism. Never is it taught expressly in scripture.

I remember not too long ago speaking with a pastor friend of mine who is responsible for influencing many people in his community. We were talking about this very subject when I stated I was not convinced of the pre trib position according to what I had read in the Bible. He replied to me at that time agreeing with me he wasn't exactly sure about it . Not two days later he was up front behind the pulpit telling everyone Jesus was coming VERY soon and we should all be ready for that glorious rapture before all of the bad stuff goes down. I'm thinking to myself :39: here is a man who is willing to continue to preach something he isn't sure of???????? Apparently our discussion and his admission had nothing to do with what he preaches.

If YOU are a minister/teacher and you aren't sure about it, then please say so to the congregation. Don't continue on in his utter nonsense.

Through further study I AM sure it doesn't go down the way they say it does.

I will NOT argue this point with anyone on Worthy. Christians in the last days have better things to do with their time. Being in the "last days" does not mean we all believe in pre-trib rapture.

This single largest question I have about all of it is when people realize some things don't add up. They know better, yet they STILL hold this view??? I just don't get it. WHY?? 

Like Miss muffet says, wait and see. In the interim we all have a lot to do. In fact the busier a person is doing the Lord's work the less time they have to think about when they will be exiting this planet. 

I believe God will hold many men responsible for not applying themselves to study what the truth is. Men who influence many others. 2 Tim 3:16 STUDY TO SHOW THYSELF APPROVED. Stop buying into the party line. You know who you are.

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  500
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 10/11/2021 at 9:46 AM, JohnD said:

The one rapture will take place PRE great tribulation MID 70th Week of Daniel POST tribulation of the saints.

This is not traditional Mid trib eschatology (which believes in one seven-year tribulation).

The rapture can only take place after the resurrection of believers.  Do you want to add a resurrection at this point?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  500
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

25 minutes ago, Starise said:

While"teachers with itching ears" covers a lot more territory than just this one subject, I think the title applies. What is a teacher with itching ears?

The passage refers to the listener with itching ears that follow teachers that tickle their ears.

2 Timothy 4:3 (ESV)
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,

II Timothy 4:3 (NKJV)
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2021 at 8:35 AM, seeking the lost said:

The passage refers to the listener with itching ears that follow teachers that tickle their ears.

2 Timothy 4:3 (ESV)
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,

II Timothy 4:3 (NKJV)
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;

Hear is the problem with to many interpretations. One or two words twist the whole verse. This is why I use my KJV only. I was taught this many years ago. 

Paul is talking to Timothy concerning right teaching by the apostles. He is addressing the church that in  time they will not listen to sound doctrine anymore, but desire different doctrine that satisfies them. The congregation  fires their teacher to hire another who will agree to preach only the doctrines they like.

KJV  For the time will come when they (the congregation) will not endure sound doctrine, but after there own lusts (Desire) shall the heap to themselves teachers having itching ears. 

This means the hireling they heap to themselves will listen to the congregation and not the apostles. 

To answer Starise  The reason preachers such as you spoke of go on preaching the doctrine they are not sure of is their job weighs in the balance. The congregation stands on it as truth.  The seminary of the their denomination teaches it as truth so they are obliged by them to teach it or move on.  It goes with what we have said about itching ears Jesus called them hireling or else they would keep teaching the truth weather fired or not. 

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 1