Kids and Halloween

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,115
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

Oh I couldn't leave this one out- It isn't me BTW.

IMG_0659.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,245
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 10/20/2021 at 1:34 PM, Thewhitedove said:

My husband is an atheist. I got saved a few years into our marriage and he is unsaved, as yet. He thinks the concept of God is silly and made up, like the Tooth Fairy or Santa.

I have prayed and will continue to do so but I wanted to see what other believers 

I would just add to the others that you should let your children understand that witches and goblins (demons) are for real and not good or acceptable in life, and shouldn't be triffeled with.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

Perhaps substitute Halloween with something kids would relate to.  The Lord has already planned that out.  Put up a sukkah, decorate it and live outdoors.  Kids love it and is sometimes referred to (even tongue-in-cheek) as the Jewish camping trip, although some Christian groups do that as well, foreshadowing the Millennial Kingdom to come.  Personally, whether one wants to agree or not, I do believe there's a reason for Halloween being one month after the feast of Tabernacles  (I Kings 12:32) and continued to carry through our culture and peoples especially with the full moon imagery, sacrifices, and so forth that is not pleasing to the Lord.  Who knows?  Maybe the neighborhood kids might want to join those in the sukkah instead, and rejoice and read bible, etc. And.. Tabernacles lasts for a week, not one "haunted" night, too.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Christians who condemn Halloween and forbid children to participate in anything related to it are quick to practice the evil, pagan traditions of Christmas & Easter. If you are curious, research the pagan practices associated with these 2, originating from Ishtar (especially red eggs) and chrismas traditions from the birth of the sun god celebrations on 12/25.

Many churches offer alternative activities for kids. Over the years, I have seen it over and over where the kids of the strictest, most confining parents go wild once they finally break free of them. Some become so resentful about everything they missed out on. Dressing up is fun for them, just caution them about the dangers of the occult: ghosts are demons, witchcraft deals with demons, etc. The enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy.

I have actually heard it taught that the Day of the Dead celebrations in many cultures on November 1 originated on that day because it was on that day that God brought Noah's flood and everyone died. See Genesis 7:11 & Jewish calendar. This should not be a time to celebrate the dead and the occult, but perhaps remember God's judgments if we disobey Him like they did and aren't saved. Matthew 24- 

37  But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38  For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39  And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.