Struggling with faith and doubt

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Have you ever struggled with something you knew or believed God told/showed you. At the time you knew and believed without a shadow of doubt. God even used other people to speak to you about it and confirm. God showed you a few things that have happened or come to pass but not the 1 thing you're starting to doubt. With the way things played out and circumstances it made you doubt or question what you believe God showed/told you?

Basically months ago God told and showed me something. I felt it so strong it was like a punch in my gut. I didn't have any doubt. He even used other people to confirm what I saw and heard. He showed me other things that would happen during this time that have already come to pass but the original vision he showed me hasn't/didn't happen at least nor yet. With the way things have played out and circumstances I don't see how it it could now.

Has anyone ever experienced this and if so how did you handle or get past it.

Edited by Yungstagurl07
  • Praying! 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, Yungstagurl07 said:

Sometimes we should just go thru doubts. Like Peter when sinking --LORD HELP. And He did.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings @Yungstagurl07

Welcome to Worthy,nice to have you join us....

I think we have all had similar experiences early on in our Faith.As we grow & mature in Christ we go through different stages just like we all do throughout our entire lifetime. We learn to "know what we Know" vs feel what we feel as we begin to take root & become firmly established in our foundation =Christ Jesus

Do you remember how you "felt" when you were kneeling at the foot of the cross? After that do you remember "feeling" as though you didn't have a care in the world,relieved,free,excited,brand new? Everyone has their own personal experience but I've found those similarities & it makes good sense because we know little or nothing at that time except WHO our Lord & Savior is.At this point you must be saying"What in the world is this leading to"? Well here it is:

Doubt is the feeling of uncertainty,you don't know whether or not something is true or false  or even possible.Doubt is defined in the dictionary as a strong unpleasant emotion caused by anticipation.,to call into question the truth of......our emotions/feelings are unreliable & not trust worthy,the Word of God is Reliable,Infallible,Inerrant ,the God Inspired TRUTH!So,the answer to your question is quite simple,you stand the Living Word of God..... God Answers all of our questions & erases all doubt & fear....

If anything you believe God Has told you is contrary to what is Written then it is not of God.  We can hear the Voice of God by seeking Him with all of our heart ,soul & mind.....

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. John 10:27 (NASB)

“And you will seek for Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.” –Jeremiah 29:13 (NKJV)

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.” 2 Timothy 3:16

This is the third time I am coming to you. “In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.” 2 Cor13:1

1 John 4:1 ESV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7)

.James 1:6
But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

What is leading you to question what you so strongly believed that God Showed you,you must examine your heart as well....

Is it not when you thought it would manifest? Remember Gods Timing is Perfect & in His Time,not ours

Did things not turn out the way you wanted or thought they should turn out? Is it something that perhaps is not finished yet?

Do you believe you accurately interpreted what God showed you ?

I hope this encourages you to first SEEK God,Trust Him,Talk to Him,pray, worship Him and study His Word....& do all these things in Christ -by communing with Him Intimately on a continual basis your Relationship only grows deeper & deeper.....Walk in Spirit & in Truth hand in Hand with Jesus & there is no room for the spirits of doubt to contend with...

With love-in Christ,Kwik

+

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,322
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

5 hours ago, Yungstagurl07 said:

Have you ever struggled with something you knew or believed God told/showed you. At the time you knew and believed without a shadow of doubt. God even used other people to speak to you about it and confirm. God showed you a few things that have happened or come to pass but not the 1 thing you're starting to doubt. With the way things played out and circumstances it made you doubt or question what you believe God showed/told you?

The wonderful truths God has given us in His Word establishes us in the solid thinking of the eternal elements of His keeping... He has not redeemed the body nor the world for that eternity thus we are to do this with both

Rom 6:11

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
KJV

as we obey here we become alien to this place and to ourselves as well... we are able to wait upon that which will be and not which is...
Helping us to be this way

1 John 2:15-17

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
KJV

Loved one anything, 'anything', that brings doubt upon His finished work is not of The Spirit of Christ... look to His Word not feelings to verify Him in all things...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,413
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Sometimes we should just go thru doubts. Like Peter when sinking --LORD HELP. And He did.

This is pretty much it. If you doubt it's from God it's fine check to see what the Bible has to say and consult other mature Christians. But after that then it's best to go ahead and take the plunge.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/23/2021 at 11:19 PM, Yungstagurl07 said:

Have you ever struggled with something you knew or believed God told/showed you

Many years back my mentor told me a story about a lesson in faith. Years back on one evening late he felt the moving of the spirit on him to go clear across town and talk about the Lord to an old friend. It was late and he wasn't sure, but he felt enough faith that he got in his truck and drove to his friends home. When he got there he wasn't home. So he came back home.

My mentor asked me what I thought about what he had done. I believe I told him that perhaps he just misunderstood. He said no. He believed with faith that God told him to go  talk to his friend. And he obeyed. His friend not being home was not important. His faith, his obedience, is what God saw. That was what was important.