IGNORED

What's The Scariest Verse in the Bible???

Bawb

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.66
  • Days Won:  149

18 hours ago, Starise said:

When I read the passage where God addresses the unsaved persons who claim to have cast out demons, worked miracles and done other things, I don't take away that they  legitimately did these things. God never confirms they did any of it. They could not have done it in God's power because they don't belong to Him. I think these would be the false teachers who go around and make it seem as if they are doing these things. It's the only tool left in their arsenal as a hopeful reason to be let off the hook.

It would be similar to saying, " Lord didn't I represent you in doing these works or did I do your work here?"

The answer is of course, no. All actions were illegitimate. These people were in it for vain glory and money. They never experienced a conversion. You can likely recall at least a few of these characters right now. Most of them on TV asking for money all the time. The ones who seat healthy people in wheel chairs to be "healed" later or pull chicken gizzards from their pockets claiming to have removed cancerous tumors. Most men are not fooled by this and God CERTAINLY isn't.

Good Morning Dennis,

If a person accepts casting of demons can be done with only two things. Themselves and whatever evil forces exist aside from Christ, then the idea would be feasible for that person. I don't  see scriptural support for it because I don't see a connection between Matthew 7:22-23 and Mark 9:38-40. The only connection I see is they both mention the casting of demons. If anything they are opposites with respect to Jesus responses to what was taking place.

I believe you agreed with this, at least in concept with your comments here-

22 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Matthew 7:22-23: By referring to Himself as Lord and depicting Himself as the ultimate Judge of humanity, Jesus implied His deity. True disciples affirm Jesus’ lordship, submit to His authority, and obey His commands. Jesus insisted that a person is confirmed as a true disciple not by prophecy, exorcism, or working miracles but by living a transformed life made possible by God. The disobedient lifestyles of lawbreakers are inconsistent with genuine discipleship. Jesus’ words, I never knew you, show that these were never truly disciples. Charles L. Quarles 

In Mark 9:38-40 however we have what I see as a totally different situation. What I gather from that text is Jesus lightly rebuking the disciples for being overly concerned about someone else who was casting out demons. Jesus was saying the opposite in v40. He's one of us. I see a great sermon in there for the "them" and "us" syndrome that seems to be so common in the church. Someone else out there is maybe a little different than us but God is using them, but since they are doing it differently, aren't a part of our group many tend to invalidate it.

In commenting on your responses about the RCC, it's going to look like I'm back pedaling, saying the opposite of what I just said above. Only one addition validates what I'm going to say and changes everything. My comments here are strictly about casting out of demons and don't delve into the deeper things about the RCC church which I wholly believe to be an apostate church. IOW they aren't one of us. They are truly "them" in ways I won't elaborate on here. The one addition? The apostate exorcism movement embedded into apostate churches. 

The apostate exorcism movement is designed to validate the false teachings of the false church. We are clearly told in 2 Thess.  the Anti-christ movement will do, and presently does signs and wonders. Remember the religious Jews accused Jesus of using the power of Satan to cast out Satan. This was a false accusation. In the case of the RCC and many of these other miracle focused movements, it isn't. In the Mark 9:38-40 text Jesus was telling His disciples " He's legit". Jesus knew this right away. They could not discern.

23 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. 40. For he that is not against us is on our part

Jesus is saying if a man does a miracle in HIS name he can't lightly speak evil of Him. This is more than just anyone saying " In Jesus Name". No- this is a reliance on his power to do the miracle. If a person is used to this degree, that person is so close top the Father he can't speak lightly or evil of Him.

The apostate exorcism will say this in word only but use the power of Satan to cast out Satan. You might say, why would he work against himself? This is a setup a ploy. Why do all of the secular ghost shows always call either an RCC priest or a witch to cast out the evil in a house or a person? Because if they called a real person led to do that he would be casting the demons from the witch and the priest too. They don't want that. They want to schmooze it to look real.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/12/2021 at 7:26 PM, JohnR7 said:

He encourages people. That is his gift. Why pick on him because of the gift of God working through  him. God does not put us here to judge others. We are to judge ourselves to be sure that we are right before God. 

For one thing, he also teaches there are more than one way to heaven besides Yeshua? His Wife assaulted someone on an airplane, They attended Lady GaGa gay pride concert. He also teaches you can have your best life now...

Your best life is when you will be with Yeshua...

On 11/12/2021 at 5:55 PM, appy said:

Sabbatarians argue that those who attend church on Sunday instead of Saturday are practicing unrepentant sinning. There is the subtle hint of this from statements made in early in the discussion. And is what I responded to.

Does it not say in Acts that the disciples "worshiped" every day? But how many of the Sunday worshipers actually keep the Sabbath? And how many of them believe Sunday is the Sabbath? And how many of them believe the Sabbath was done away with. I would worship YeHoVah any day with any one. But I will only keep His set-apart Holy seventh day as the Sabbath.

Your assumption would be absolutely  true if the 4th Commandment was the only commandment.

But what of divorce/adultery? What of all the rest?

Brothers and Sisters, be cognoscente of what is going on in these times! We all need to search our hearts and ask YeHoVah to search our hearts and reveal our sins to us that we may repent.

Another way that God knows us can conversely be found in John 1:10 - He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. Does this not tell you that we need to be set-apart from the world? All of the garbage seen on television, movies, music videos, and unGodly agendas being pushed on children in the schools?

Come out of her, lest you receive of her plagues!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

As I said previously, that the discussion of sabbath keeping does NOT go anywhere. This is NOT the first time the topic of sabbath keeping has been mentioned. The topic in and of itself is a tired discussion.  For neither side ever wins.  It is beating a dead horse.

Those who wish to observe the day are free to do so, and those who wish to set aside a different day as a special day are also free to do so.

In closing, I will leave the following question for everyone reading to ponder on.  Read the following and prayerfully give this some thought.  

Read the entire chapter of Galatians 4

Now for the question  

In light of Galatians 4, what was nailed to the cross as paid by Christ’s blood?

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.66
  • Days Won:  149

3 hours ago, appy said:

It is beating a dead horse

The good news is at least the horse feels no pain.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

John 11:43

When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!”The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen,and a cloth around his face.

Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.”

I often think there were many people resurrected in the Bible, We never heard what happened to Lazarus … Did he die again? 
Could he die again? Are all the people resurrected in the Bible actually still roaming the Earth?

Having escaped Death? ?

CREEPY

SHALOM❤️

7 hours ago, appy said:

As I said previously, that the discussion of sabbath keeping does NOT go anywhere. This is NOT the first time the topic of sabbath keeping has been mentioned. The topic in and of itself is a tired discussion.  For neither side ever wins.  It is beating a dead horse.

Those who wish to observe the day are free to do so, and those who wish to set aside a different day as a special day are also free to do so.

In closing, I will leave the following question for everyone reading to ponder on.  Read the following and prayerfully give this some thought.  

Read the entire chapter of Galatians 4

Now for the question  

In light of Galatians 4, what was nailed to the cross as paid by Christ’s blood?

I never understood the whole beating a dead horse saying. Why would you beat a dead horse? For that matter why would you beat a live horse? The only man I know of who beat a horse, (and it wasn't even a horse but a donkey) was Balaam in Numbers 22. And he beat the donkey in spite of the fact the donkey was trying to help him...

The winner here will be the one who believes the truth and stops believing the lie that Marcion and other "church fathers" propagated.

Sure, set aside a special day... The only Biblical Special day is the 7th day Sabbath. Always was/ Always will be!

In Galatians you will find a very relevant quote: Galatins 3: 1 - O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Who would be the one who be-witches people? And do you think he would be-witch people into obeying the law or disobeying the law?

Yeshua is the WORD. The law of the curse of sin and death was nailed on the cross. If the laws were nailed to the cross then we would have to ignore all the clear scriptures telling us to keep the laws of YeHoVah. What Colossians 2:14 was saying is that the death penalty prescribed in the Law was nailed to the stake for anyone who believes in the Savior by repenting of sin.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

What's The Scariest Verse in the Bible???

For those who don't believe seriously in Jesus and His Word, every verse of the Holy Scripture and a reason for stumble and scandal. But, for those who love Jesus, each verse is precious:

• 1Pe 2:5-8 -> "you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. For it stands in Scripture: “Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a cornerstone chosen and precious, and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.” So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, “The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,” and “A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense.” They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.".
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, MrBear said:

John 11:43

When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!”The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen,and a cloth around his face.

Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.”

I often think there were many people resurrected in the Bible, We never heard what happened to Lazarus … Did he die again? 
Could he die again? Are all the people resurrected in the Bible actually still roaming the Earth?

Having escaped Death? ?

CREEPY

SHALOM❤️

Hello MrBear, this was a spectacular seen, the people who witness what happened they will never stop talking about that.

• Thumbs Up 1