IGNORED

I need a personal Relationship

Guest Hannah Marie

Guest Spirit War

Heya,

The answer to this problem of yours ( & all other problems) can be found in the Scriptures...

God is also longing for this kind of relationship with you... more than you can ever imagine! The need you feel to be closer to Father comes directly from the Holy Ghost. The thing that prevents us humans from having that close most intimate relationship with Him is the thing that took it away from Adam too... SIN

Repent ALL your sins... Take every area in your life in account, then start praying about the things which are obvious sins. as you pray on, the Holy Spirit will bring to your mind the sins you do but do not know about. Remember to ask forgiveness for the sins of your forefathers as it is enherited. Do this out lound also so that Satan and the demons can hear & that they no longer have legal ground to seperate you from Father, it is also useful to ask Father to not let them confuse you while repentance is taking place.

This whole repentance thing is the key to most everything, without it you cannot possibly unite with God (or go to Heaven) on the level that you wish, Jesus made it possible for us to do this. and all the glory goes to Jesus for making it possible!

Good luck

To war!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I have been trying to start a personal relationship with God for over a year now and have not gotten anywhere. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Help please~

Hannah Marie

Hi Hannah Marie,

When I was about 6yr old I had a desire to know God for myself. I was raised in religion, do this, do that. And I set about to do all that I was told to do. I was told to do all the religious duties and I did them religiously, but I never knew/had a personal relation with God as I really wanted and believed that I could have. When I turned 18 I determined that the religion I was involved in was empty and let it behind and went after the other religions of the world. Needless to say they didn't satisfy either, but I didn't get cynical. I was 26 when I finally got to the point that I was going to try to know God again. I came to the conclusion that if I asked God to know Him He would reveal Himself to me. He did reveal Himself and I was born again. I don't base this on a feeling but on the fact that I was changed.

What do you believe about God and yourself?

1. Do your sins bother you? Do you recognize that you have sinned/offended a holy God?

2. If your sins bother you are you willing to forsake them and do you have the desire to stop sinning? Repentance is deciding to turn from your sins.

3. Do you want forgiveness for your sins? If you acknowledge your sins then you need to confess them and receive forgiveness.

4. Do you really want Jesus to be the Lord of your life and have you considered the cost both to you and to Him?

Notice what the following says.

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Jesus rose from the dead to prove He paid your debt for sin and He will save all who have come Him, and submit to His Lordship.

Some other verses to consider are.

Ro 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Heb 11:6 But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Everything you need to know is in the Word of God.

LT

Guest LDStudent

There is no such thing as a "personal relationship with Jesus Christ." There is however a personal relationship with GOD: Father, Son, Holy Spirit. This relationship is achieved through Christ, by the power of the Holy Ghost. There is no such thing as a "personal relationship" with a specific member of the Godhead. The relationship with God is achieved by the power of the Holy Spirit, through Christ, with the fullness of God. :noidea: You will not always "feel" the presence of God in your heart, but He is there, and He loves you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

LDStudent,

There is no such thing as a "personal relationship with Jesus Christ."

Then who is Jesus Christ?

Peace,

Dave

There is no such thing as a "personal relationship with Jesus Christ." There is however a personal relationship with GOD: Father, Son, Holy Spirit. This relationship is achieved through Christ, by the power of the Holy Ghost. There is no such thing as a "personal relationship" with a specific member of the Godhead. The relationship with God is achieved by the power of the Holy Spirit, through Christ, with the fullness of God. :noidea: You will not always "feel" the presence of God in your heart, but He is there, and He loves you.

With love from a former misled Mormon

Your statement is contradictory, How can someone not have a relationship with christ and have a relationship with god?

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Having a relationship with christ is a relationship with god

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

I know that living a secular life with secular influances makes it hard to feel christ within us all the time. God can't be in the presence of evil. That is why prayer is so important. Dont just pray at night before you go to bed pray throughout the day. We are human and we are influanced by sin every day we have sinful thoughts everyday so it is everyday that we need forgiveness. Hopefully as we walk with christ our need for forgiveness lessens everyday but it will unfortunatly never vanish. Our walk with christ is full of trials and tribulations and just turning on the TV can test our faith. How many assaults does a christian endure in our daily lives against our faith? Even in a country as supposedly as free as the United States.

We are not meant to go through our trials alone. We must be with fellow christians and read the bible to provide energy to our faith.

We must trust in christ daily in all things.

Pr 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Pr 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Pr 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

I hope this helps

God Bless

Guest LDStudent
Your statement is contradictory, How can someone not have a relationship with christ and have a relationship with god?

Are you a Oneness?

If you are a Trinitarian, then I find your statement ironic to say the least. Evangelicals accuse LDS of separating the members of the Godhead too much. And yet, Evangelicals also believe they can single out a member of the Godhead, and have a relationship with that person. But not with the Father and the Holy Ghost? How come? This is not Biblical. Christ is God, as is the Father and the Holy Ghost. We are to have a relationship with the fullness of God, by the Spirit, through Christ. That is not a "personal relationship with Jesus Christ."

Jesus Christ is God, but God is not Jesus alone. God is also the Heavenly Father and the Holy Spirit.

God's blessings to all,

LDStudent

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Jesus Christ is God, but God is not Jesus alone. God is also the Heavenly Father and the Holy Spirit.

You believe in the Trinity? I didn't think you do?

What means Jesus to you and how important is He to you?

But why do you believe in the Mormon book and Joseph Smith they are all added on and very decieving......how important is Joseph Smith to you?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

To Hannah Marie. You must know what God wants you or wants you to do.

It's always with His will. You must know what God's will is.

If you don't know what that 'will' is. Don't worry.

Pray with all your heart and ask for that 'will'.

He will surely listen to you and He will show you what His will is.

:noidea:

Guest LDStudent
You believe in the Trinity? I didn't think you do?

Mormons do believe in the Trinity, but it differs from the Trinity declared by the Nicene Creed. We believe the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are separate persons, working in common purpose together, while serving unique functions in the Godhead.

What means Jesus to you and how important is He to you?

He is fundamental to salvation. There is no other path to return to our Heavenly Father. :)

But why do you believe in the Mormon book and Joseph Smith they are all added on and very decieving......

I disagree.

Edited by LDStudent

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Just make Him a priority in your life. Spend time in His word and prayer each day. You will experience His goodness and know there is nothing you will want more than to know Him more as you hope to one day be like Him. It is a joyful place to be when you are loving on Him with all your heart. Sing to Him, worship Him, tell Him of your love...seek Him with your whole heart...He just love you so very much!!!