• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, Bawb said:

Until now, I never put this song in a scriptural context... Wow...

Yea, when I read missmuffet's "We live in an unsafe world"   I thought, well, welcome to my world.
I instantly heard Jim Reeves singing in my head and heard his voice sing this song since I was a teenager, in the sixties.
Found this below, remembering I always heard him introduced as Gentleman Jim Reeves.

"Jim Reeves is also responsible for popularizing many gospel songs, including "We Thank Thee", "Take my hand precious Lord", "Across the Bridge", and "Where We'll Never Grow Old". He was given the nickname Gentleman Jim, an apt description of his character both on stage and off"

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Lol anyone who says that the reason we have problems and are living in sin because we dont follow old testament diet restrictions has failed to read the new testament...or at least the part where Jesus lifted the dietary restrictions..

They also fail to take note of the intent of the law, at least not in its entirety. Yes, large portions of the food prohibited in the OT are indeed bad for you, at least if cooked incorrectly. Eat a medium rare steak youll probably be fine. Eat a medium rare pork roast...not so much. 

Same with bottom feeders. Fact is food prep has come a long ways as has our understanding of science, disease and proper food preparation. What was once unhealthy can now be eaten safely.

As a matter of fact, bacon has never been tied to cancer. Obesity from overreating bacon, can however. Goes back to the whole moderation thing. Fun fact, over indulging on beef and even sheep can lead to the same thing. Gluttony is more of an issue then whether one has a couple strips of bacon with their chicken fried steak in the morning.

But, even eating 100% clean animals can be unhealthy to. Fish (not bottom dwellers) which are allowed under mosaic law, naturally contain mercury. If one were to eat to many fish in to short a time it could lead to mercury poisioning. But, as long as fish isnt eaten as the main dish for every meal, and you supplement your diet with other foods such as fruits and veggies ( or even bacon) you will never get mercury poisioning.

The Bible says our body is a temple and Maintining a balanced diet is an important part of taking care of yourself. But, being legalistic over food can be detrimental. Sure if you overweight, and you never excercise and you eat bacon for every meal of the day, and you cant figure out why your not healthy...well, as its been said...heres your sign.

But, if your healthy and maintain a healthy diet and excercise...drinking coffee and eating bacon isnt going to send you to the cancer ward. Im fact in moderation these things can all be healthy for you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Romans 8:31 - What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

John 16:33 - These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High

Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;

My God, in Him I will trust.”

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler

And from the perilous pestilence.

4 He shall cover you with His feathers,

And under His wings you shall take refuge;

His truth shall be your shield and buckler.

5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,

Nor of the arrow that flies by day,

6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,

Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,

And ten thousand at your right hand;

But it shall not come near you.

8 Only with your eyes shall you look,

And see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,

Even the Most High, your dwelling place,

10 No evil shall befall you,

Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;

11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,

To keep you in all your ways.

12 In their hands they shall bear you up,

Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,

The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;

I will set him on high, because he has known My name.

15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;

I will be with him in trouble;

I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life I will satisfy him,

And show him My salvation.”

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,481
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

16 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Our drinking water has chemicals and chlorine in it to a level that is not safe. The authorities tell us that it is safe but it is not. There is an addiction in our world today of coffee and alcohol. Neither are safe to drink in large qualities but many are doing just that.  Our oceans and rivers are polluted with chemicals and bacteria which makes our fish unsafe to eat. There are recalls everyday  of our food being tainted with salmonella, listeria and plastic and glass particles. Our produce is saturated with pesticides which causes cancer. We live in an unsafe world. 

There's an old saying, "you are what you eat." Today the majority of the food we eat, one way or another, has been genetically modified (GMO). Studies have shown that given a choice, animals will always choose organic food over GMO. To my knowledge, there are no long-term studies for the consumption of GMO food. 

As far as food; so far, they are tinkering genetically modifying species of food, and not "kinds", vegetable and fruits anyway.  

Not to be gross but; in my travels I've seen plenty of Hispanic workers in the field harvesting crops. I've never seen a port-a-poddy or hand washing stations anywhere around. Where do you suppose they relieve themselves, and wash their hands? 

Fortunately, I'm on quality well water, but... Safe drinking water is a tradeoff, are we better off with or without the water treatment used, the immediate vs. the potential? Look at all the historical and present plagues associated with, and contracted by contaminated drinking water. 

Authorities tell us covid vaccinations are safe, pepper causes cancer, cattle farts are destroying the universe... There's a lot to be said about "a grain of salt." That's what I take when the government these days tells me something. 

As far as all the pollution, no one could disagree. We know (at least I do) that during the millennium, the earth is going to be restored to close to Edenic conditions. I suspect since humanity badly polluted God's creation, humanity will be cleaning up our mess during the millennium? 

Planet Earths problems will only continue to wax worse with time. Culminating in an ecological train wreck with the judgments in the Tribulation. 

Think we're having shortages, transport and distribution, and manufacturing problems at present. I think before long; the concerns of this post will be moot. 

Living in an unsafe world? Matthew chapter 24: and elsewhere come to mind...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,481
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

10 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

And yet we still live far longer, healthier lives with a far better quality of life then people did even 200 years ago. Even those people who make zero attempts at taking care of themselves often live into their 60s and beyond-something rarely seen even in the 1700s.

Fact is...everyone knows alcohol and caffeine is bad for you...and theres other healthier choices for you out there readily available. Any addiction is by ones own choice.

On that note i dont even see why you hate coffee so much...its a natural plant and really the only thing in it that is unhealthy is the naturally occuring caffeine content...and its also not new. Its been around for awhile...and historically its even saved lives. It was discovered during the cholera outbreaks of old those who drank a lot of coffee was far less likely to get it, as to those that didn't because they boiled water to make the coffee which killed off the contaminates. 

Same is true today...boiling water has a way of cleansing it making coffee probably one of the healthier drinks out there. And while caffeine itself is addicting, it doesnt cause near the issues that other drugs such as nicotine or even alcohol does, and getting off if it is far easier, withdrawal symptoms usually are nothing more then a mild headache and short term drowsiness.

In fact of all the caffeinated beverages out there, coffee is probably one of the healthiest choices available short of tea. I can think of a lot of caffeinated beverages that are far worse for you lol

Just stating science here...

When I was younger, I wished I was born at least 100 years earlier, to be one of those "tough rugged pioneer guys." Fortunately, with age, comes a little more knowledge and wisdom. I'll call the days before the industrial revolution, the "age of bad breath."

Can you imagine before the advent of the inventions of the tooth brush and oral hygiene-cleaning powder, what life must have been like? The onset of not only one, but multiple toothaches; trying to get any sleep, slowly poisoning your blood stream, shortening your lifespan, a miserable existence? 

Before the invention of pliers or something to attempt tooth extraction, what and how did they deal with the pain and suffering? 

I'm blessed, we're all blessed, the Lord placed us here in the technological age. The only drawback I see, is people have grown soft and dependent.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

4 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

When I was younger, I wished I was born at least 100 years earlier, to be one of those "tough rugged pioneer guys." Fortunately, with age, comes a little more knowledge and wisdom. I'll call the days before the industrial revolution, the "age of bad breath."

Can you imagine before the advent of the inventions of the tooth brush and oral hygiene-cleaning powder, what life must have been like? The onset of not only one, but multiple toothaches; trying to get any sleep, slowly poisoning your blood stream, shortening your lifespan, a miserable existence? 

Before the invention of pliers or something to attempt tooth extraction, what and how did they deal with the pain and suffering? 

I'm blessed, we're all blessed, the Lord placed us here in the technological age. The only drawback I see, is people have grown soft and dependent.

Lol im the exact opposite. When i was younger i was big into technology and all that jazz...but the older i get the more i wish i was a mountain man from the 1800s. I find myself spending as much time as i can in the mountains.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

9 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

Lol anyone who says that the reason we have problems and are living in sin because we dont follow old testament diet restrictions has failed to read the new testament...or at least the part where Jesus lifted the dietary restrictions..

They also fail to take note of the intent of the law, at least not in its entirety.

Same with bottom feeders. Fact is food prep has come a long ways as has our understanding of science, disease and proper food preparation. What was once unhealthy can now be eaten safely.

As a matter of fact, bacon has never been tied to cancer. 

Not really funny... Anyone who thinks the "Old Covenant" was done away with has failed to UNDERSTAND what they've read in the Bible. Please refer to Matthew 5:17 through 19 - 17 “DO NOT THINK that I am come to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. 18 For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass away, not one jot or one tittle shall in any wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven; but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.

It clearly stated DO NOT THINK and yet you do think? Have you seen heaven and earth pass away? Has ALL been fulfilled? Are we now residing in the kingdom? Have all of the seals been broken? Have you received your glorified body yet?

Do you realize the "New Testament" wasn't was written down until roughly the 3rd century After Yeshua Ascended? What "Scriptures" do you think Yeshua and the Disciples were quoting? Are YeHoVah and Yeshua not one?

What you speak is a remnant of the RCC's doctrine and found NOWHERE in the Bible. Surely Yeshua would have told His Disciples if HE changed any laws, but yet He specifically told them in John 14:15 - If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. Are YeHoVah and Yeshua not one? God never changes. YeHoVah and Yeshua are not schizophrenic, yet your statement imply they are.  Numbers 23:19 - 19 God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He should change His mind. Has He said, and shall He not do it? Or has He spoken, and shall He not make it good?

The only difference in the "New Covenant" and the "Old Covenant" is that the Torah was written upon our hearts. See Jeremiah 31:33 - “But this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD. I will put My law in their minds and inscribe it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they will be My people.

Where does it say ANYTHING else was changed?

Also Peter's dream admittedly WAS NOT ABOUT FOOD.

Just one of numerous medical opinions about pork...

https://www.silverdoctors.com/gold/gold-news/yes-the-scientific-evidence-says-that-eating-pork-does-cause-cancer/

https://draxe.com/nutrition/why-you-should-avoid-pork/

https://www.webmd.com/colorectal-cancer/news/20021115/colon-cancer-rise-linked-to-beef-pork

https://www.mdanderson.org/newsroom/does-eating-meat-cause-cancer---meat--cancer.h00-158672634.html

I can go on if you want me to...

Edited by Bawb

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

9 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

But, being legalistic over food can be detrimental. Sure if you overweight, and you never excercise and you eat bacon for every meal of the day, and you cant figure out why your not healthy...well, as its been said...heres your sign.

You throw the term "legalistic" around a lot. I'm not sure you know what it means. The word “legalism” does not occur in the Bible. Please refer to the text below...

Basically, legalism involves abstracting the law of God from its original context. Some people seem to be preoccupied in the Christian life with obeying rules and regulations, and they conceive of Christianity as being a series of do’s and don’ts, cold and deadly set of moral principles. That’s one form of legalism, where one is concerned merely with the keeping of God’s law as an end in itself.

Now, God certainly cares about our following His commandments. Yet there is more to the story that we dare not forget. God gave laws such as the Ten Commandments in the context of the covenant. First, God was gracious. He redeemed His people out of slavery in Egypt and entered into a loving, filial relationship with Israel. Only after that grace-based relationship was established did God begin to define the specific laws that are pleasing to Him. I had a professor in graduate school who said, “The essence of Christian theology is grace, and the essence of Christian ethics is gratitude.” The legalist isolates the law from the God who gave the law. He is not so much seeking to obey God or honor Christ as he is to obey rules that are devoid of any personal relationship.

There's no love, joy, life, or passion. It’s a rote, mechanical form of law-keeping that we call externalism. The legalist focuses only on obeying bare rules, destroying the broader context of God’s love and redemption in which He gave His law in the first place.

To understand the second type of legalism, we must remember that the New Testament distinguishes between the letter of the law (its outward form) and the spirit of the law. The second form of legalism divorces the letter of the law from the spirit of the law. It obeys the letter but violates the spirit. There’s only a subtle distinction between this form of legalism and the one previously mentioned.

How does one keep the letter of the law but violate its spirit? Suppose a man likes to drive his car at the minimum required speed irrespective of the conditions under which he is driving. If he is on an interstate and the minimum posted speed is forty miles per hour, he drives forty miles per hour and no less. He does this even during torrential downpours, when driving at this minimum required speed actually puts other people in danger because they have had the good sense to slow down and drive twenty miles an hour so as not to skid off the road or hydroplane. The man who insists on a speed of forty miles per hour even under these conditions is driving his car to please himself alone. Although he appears to the external observer as one who is scrupulous in his civic obedience, his obedience is only external, and he doesn’t care at all about what the law is actually all about. This second kind of legalism obeys the externals while the heart is far removed from any desire to honor God, the intent of His law, or His Christ.

This second type of legalism can be illustrated by the Pharisees who confronted Jesus over healing on the Sabbath day (Matt. 12:9–14). They were concerned only with the letter of the law and avoiding anything that might look like work to them. These teachers missed the spirit of the law, which was directed against ordinary labor that is not required to maintain life and not against efforts to heal the sick.

The third type of legalism adds our own rules to God’s law and treats them as divine. It is the most common and deadly form of legalism. Jesus rebuked the Pharisees at this very point, saying, “You teach human traditions as if they were the word of God.” We have no right to heap up restrictions on people where He has no stated restriction.

Each church has a right to set its own policies in certain areas. For example, the Bible says nothing about soft drinks in the church’s fellowship hall, but a church has every right to regulate such things. But when we use these human policies to bind the conscience in an ultimate way and make such policies determination of one’s salvation, we venture dangerously into territory that is God’s alone.

Many people think that the essence of Christianity is following the right rules, even rules that are extra-biblical. For example, the Bible doesn’t say that we can’t play cards or have a glass of wine with dinner. We can’t make these matters the external test of authentic Christianity. That would be a deadly violation of the gospel because it would substitute human tradition for the real fruits of the Spirit. We come perilously close to blasphemy by misrepresenting Christ in this way. Where God has given liberty, we should never enslave people with man-made rules. We must be careful to fight this form of legalism.

The gospel calls men to repentance, holiness, and godliness. Because of this, the world finds the gospel offensive. But woe to us if we add unnecessarily to that offense by distorting the true nature of Christianity by combining it with legalism. Because Christianity is concerned with morality, righteousness, and ethics, we can easily make that subtle move from a passionate concern for godly morality into legalism if we are not careful.

This excerpt is from How Can I Develop a Christian Conscience? by R.C. Sproul

To state my position perfectly clear. I don't believe that following "the law" is a salvation issue. But it WILL be a judgement issue. If we are JUDGED by every idle word, do you knot think we will be judged by willingly NOT obeying YeHoVah's instructions?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,094
  • Content Per Day:  9.73
  • Days Won:  149

I agree we are much healthier now than people were hundreds of years ago. The healthiest person in the world will one day die. God has your number already.

There are plastics in everything. They took a sampling of ocean water and found concentrations of plastics. Some plastic is even in the air we breath and has made it into vegetables, yet they keep making it and throwing it away.

Many  carcenogens are in our air and water. Even of you have well water I would still filter it. There isn't much we can do about the food because most of us don't farm our own and we only have access to get it at a store. We can be wise shoppers. Read the labels and stay away from high frucrose sugar and anything else know not to be good for us. We can be responsible for what we eat to some degree.

Coffee. It's fine in small quantities. Most likely beneficial....and in the morning might have stopped a few crimes.

Edited by Starise

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,966
  • Content Per Day:  5.46
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

High Fructose Corn Syrup - that stuff makes me ill.  It drills its way through.  I must lack something for breaking it down.