• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The signs have been around for years.

The increase of earthquake activity around the world. Each one just a little more distructive than the last.

Wars...look how many are being fought right now.

Starvation is running rampant. Not just in third world countries, but right here in the United States. Sad.

Pestilence....look at all the new diseases that are being discovered. One or two a year.

Those are just physical signs.

Anyway...that's my take on it. If I appear to be rude, I apologize. I don't mean to be. I always seem to come off that way. :emot-hug:

Edited by Skeptic

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

The signs have been around for years.

The increase of earthquake activity around the world. Each one just a little more distructive than the last.

Wars...look how many are being fought right now.

Starvation is running rampant. Not just in third world countries, but right here in the United States. Sad.

Pestilence....look at all the new diseases that are being discovered. One or two a year.

Those are just physical signs.

Anyway...that's my take on it. If I appear to be rude, I apologize. I don't mean to be. I always seem to come off that way. :emot-hug:

I believe in God. I am skeptic of the Bible.

Just because I disagree with something does not mean I will disagree all.

I believe someone gave me a great answer to something the other day to which I stepped down from the debate. I said I may not buy it, but the answer made great sense. I will not shut my eyes to anything but would like answers to make sense and not sound like the same stuff I was brainwashed with growing up in the church.

Besides, wouldn't it be great if I got all the answers I needed here to become the christian I'm supposed to be to enter heaven??

Please give me your theory on the natural disasters.

Edited by Skeptic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

I believe someone gave me a great answer to something the other day to which I stepped down from the debate. I said I may not buy it, but the answer made great sense. I will not shut my eyes to anything but would like answers to make sense and not sound like the same stuff I was brainwashed with growing up in the church.

Besides, wouldn't it be great if I got all the answers I needed here to become the christian I'm supposed to be to enter heaven??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you believe in God but are a skeptic of His teachings, which god do you worship?

You're looking for physical proof that God exists. I don't think there is any. I mean I can't pick something up and say "here's your proof".

God is spiritual, not material. You're not going to find any physical evidence that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that God exists.

It's all about faith. If you have no faith in God, you're going to question His existence. You can't say you believe in God and then turn around and question His teaching's.

You say you believe. How did you come by this belief? Explain your reason's for believing in God. Is the god you believe in the God of Israel?

Natural disasters are just that. What's to explain? Do a google search on natural disasters that occured over the last 1000 years. You will notice that as time passes, these disasters are becoming more frequent, more distructive, and in locations that never experienced them in the past.

As for getting answers on this board, maybe if you stopped attacking and opened your heart a little, you would find those answers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you believe in God but are a skeptic of His teachings, which god do you worship?

You're looking for physical proof that God exists. I don't think there is any. I mean I can't pick something up and say "here's your proof".

God is spiritual, not material. You're not going to find any physical evidence that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that God exists.

It's all about faith. If you have no faith in God, you're going to question His existence. You can't say you believe in God and then turn around and question His teaching's.

You say you believe. How did you come by this belief? Explain your reason's for believing in God. Is the god you believe in the God of Israel?

Natural disasters are just that. What's to explain? Do a google search on natural disasters that occured over the last 1000 years. You will notice that as time passes, these disasters are becoming more frequent, more distructive, and in locations that never experienced them in the past.

As for getting answers on this board, maybe if you stopped attacking and opened your heart a little, you would find those answers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is so much to address here but I don't want to offend anyone again for taking a topic off course.

I understand what you are talking about with the natural disasters and it still go's back to what I said about it not being a big deal because of the times it happened. We didn't have the technology 100 years ago to see exactly where every major storm was hitting (that doesn't mean it wasn't happening. However we do know that at one time there was nothing but storms, earth quakes, volcanoes erupting, giving earth it's landscape.

As far as proof of Gods existence. I am proof enough that god exists. However I'm not convinced It's the same God perceived in the OT.

Again I feel I should just let this rest because I dont think I should continue this in this thread. I am new here so maybe you can direct me to where the right place for debates are.

BTW I am verry opened minded. I read a ton about every religion and think just about all of them have a lot of good things.

Why dont' you go to the apologetics forum and pose your questions there? I would be happy to help you. I have always believed in G-d and his son but I had questions to about strange things in the word. That is natural. G-d wants us to understand his word, but we need to seek that wisdom and understanding in a certain way, because it is treasure and true treasure worth finding takes some effort.

:huh:

true treasure worth finding takes some effort.

I couldn't agree more.

Personally, I think being a "skeptic" is a good place to start. That is where I started, too.

Seek the truth with your whole heart and you will find it.

But I suggest that you assume no one here knows what they're talking about.

Get a Bible...read the New Testament until you know what it actually says. I read it 5 times (and then some) in a month once. Go right to the source so you aren't indoctrinated into a "religion".

God is true or He isn't God.

When you have problems understanding something, ask God to show you. He will.

And then you can pose your questions here in an intelligent manner and have some basis for judging the answers you get.

Hope that helps... :huh:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  95

I just don't understand how people call themselves Christian, and they dont want to help the Lost.

This situation down there is the perfect opportunity to reach them all. I don't know if you have ever been to New Orleans. But with all the Vodoo and the Transfestits and the Calling on Demons. ( Which they call Spirits.) and the Lifestyle they have lived for sooo long. Now its all Gone.

These People Need Jesus. I was down there before I got saved. Wound up in Jail down there for Hittin a cop. lol

Long Story. lol

Anyway I got to see the worst of the worst down there. And I also got to see the good in there also.

I knew even then that one day it would all be wiped out.

I guess I had a vision even then. Totally Backsliden.

What I see on the news. Is what I saw then.

Crazy Huh? Anyway. This is the time to reach them with Gods love. this is the time. To show them That Jesus really did die for them. And He Rose again. With Last days destruction building. We can point to the verses and show them That all this was predicted over 2000 years ago.

They need Jesus more Now than ever.

So many people can sit here and argue about the church and last days and cults. When they should be takin the Gospel to these people. They have lost everything. Now is the time to give something to them. Give them Jesus Christ. Not your opinion. lol

God bless you all