• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  441
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Was just very curious WHY it is given as an option to Log in with Discord, whenever you come to this site? Because most of us know what that means and/or implies, so why pray tell would something like that be associated with any Christian forum??

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

Discord is the name of the chatroom  worthy uses. If you click on the chat link at the top it will take you to the chatroom.

image.png.0d4dfd854d94c369b00b571ee0a2f772.png

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,029
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

Was just very curious WHY it is given as an option to Log in with Discord, whenever you come to this site? Because most of us know what that means and/or implies, so why pray tell would something like that be associated with any Christian forum??

Yeah, some Trade Names do seem counter-productive.

Quote:Discord is an idea generated as a result of the need for an online platform that allowed gamers to interact with each other. The way Discord works are that it requires users to register first. Once registered, users can join a preexisting server or create their own server. Users can also add other Discord users as friends.
www.wikisme.com/how-does-discord-work/

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  441
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

That's kind of what i thought, it just seems like it might make one hesitant to join a chatroom with that name, but maybe that's just me?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,979
  • Content Per Day:  5.39
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

I am not a fan of the trade name of the platform.  But like Facebook, it can be a tool depending on how you use it.  I found the name off putting and was very reluctant to use it for a couple of years.  But I found it to be a very useful tool in keeping touch with my sister who I collaborate with on some of my writing projects.  It can be a useful for real time chats with members on his site.  

Edited by Mama Etna

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

That's kind of what i thought, it just seems like it might make one hesitant to join a chatroom with that name, but maybe that's just me?

Discord

disagreement between people.

I agree with you. Maybe they should change the name. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 12/7/2021 at 9:51 AM, missmuffet said:

I agree with you. Maybe they should change the name. 

Since it is primarily created as a gaming site, and the most active gamers are usually in some form of combat, discord probably made sense to them, and you cannot argue with success. Good luck at getting them to change a successful name. Call it Serenity! Would anyone show up to speak of?

For our purposes, since the servers and program are paid for and maintained by others, it just made sense that we changed to there servers, instead of the constant expense and time needed to maintain our own chat platform.

There are a lot of things not to like about discord, but those of you who do not chat anyway, it does not affect. 

Also, with such a large user base, and a large number of young people, we sort of hoped some new blood who needed some spirituality in their lives, might find there way in from other Discord channels.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

20 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Since it is primarily created as a gaming site, and the most active gamers are usually in some form of combat, discord probably made sense to them, and you cannot argue with success. Good luck at getting them to change a successful name. Call it Serenity! Would anyone show up to speak of?

For our purposes, since the servers and program are paid for and maintained by others, it just made sense that we changed to there servers, instead of the constant expense and time needed to maintain our own chat platform.

There are a lot of things not to like about discord, but those of you who do not chat anyway, it does not affect. 

Also, with such a large user base, and a large number of young people, we sort of hoped some new blood who needed some spirituality in their lives, might find there way in from other Discord channels.

Thank you for your reply Omega.

• Thumbs Up 1