Bawb

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

Absolutely and that is why the law IS NOT a curse...if one does not consider both Testaments of the Bible, then the lessons of the OT are ignored...the Israelites were repeatedly sent into exile because of apostacy (failing to keep God's laws and statutes)

The new testent is not about throwing out laws, it's about teaching the gospel...the Israelites failed to do this

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

Law and order

Lawlessness and confusion

Which of these describe YeHoVah (God) and which describes HaSatan (the devil)?

It truly IS that simple. When you uphold the law, there is law. When you abolish the law, there is lawlessness.

If you find ANY Scripture, HEAR THIS NOW, that contradicts another Scripture, then it is due to our understanding or a translation error (of which there are numerous accidental and on purpose). YeHoVah is NOT the God of confusion.

19 hours ago, Josheb said:

To say, "The curse of the law is the law is a curse" is a meaningless redundancy. One that should instantly alert thinking people to a serious flaw in any such argument. 

I'll return to address other aspects of the op later.

Do you believe Yeshua to be a prophet?

2 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Relevance to statement you quoted? 

A simple question. Do you believe it or not?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

21 hours ago, adamjedgar said:

Absolutely and that is why the law IS NOT a curse...if one does not consider both Testaments of the Bible, then the lessons of the OT are ignored...the Israelites were repeatedly sent into exile because of apostacy (failing to keep God's laws and statutes)

The new testent is not about throwing out laws, it's about teaching the gospel...the Israelites failed to do this

but if they had not been given the law they would have not known any better.  So learning of the law was the curse because they were then held accountable to it.   I think that was the point that the scripture was making.

2 hours ago, other one said:

but if they had not been given the law they would have not known any better.  So learning of the law was the curse because they were then held accountable to it.   I think that was the point that the scripture was making.

That's interesting because the first command given to man was before sin immediately after Adam was put in Garden of Eden...(you are saying what God said to Adam below was a curse?)

Genesis 2

15Then the LORD God took the man and placed him in the Garden of Eden to cultivate and keep it.

16And the LORD God commanded him, “You may eat freely from every tree of the garden, 17but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; for in the day that you eat of it, you will surely die.”

Edited by adamjedgar

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

41 minutes ago, adamjedgar said:

That's interesting because the first command given to man was before sin immediately after Adam was put in Garden of Eden...(you are saying what God said to Adam below was a curse?)

Would it have been a sin if God had not told them that?

I would ask you one question.    When did God decide we were going to judge angels?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.23
  • Days Won:  2

Freed from the Law

1 Or do you not know, brethren (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives? 

2 For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband. 

3 So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man. 

4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. 

5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. 

6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

source: https://www.biblehub.com/nkjv/romans/7.htm

Edited by B-B
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

On 12/28/2021 at 7:57 PM, Bawb said:

What is the curse of the law in Galatians 3:10-13?

Hi Bawb,

I haven’t read the comments so my apologies if you already read this. If you are willing please read this version and it seems clear to me.

“But people who depend on following the law to make them right are under a curse. As the Scriptures say, “They must do everything that is written in the law. If they do not always obey, they are under a curse.” So it is clear that no one can be made right with God by the law. The Scriptures say, “The one who is right with God by faith will live forever.” The law does not depend on faith. No, it says that the only way a person will find life by the law is to obey its commands. The law says we are under a curse for not always obeying it. But Christ took away that curse. He changed places with us and put himself under that curse. The Scriptures say, “Anyone who is hung on a tree is under a curse.””
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:10-13‬ ‭ERV‬‬

1 hour ago, other one said:

Would it have been a sin if God had not told them that?

I would ask you one question.    When did God decide we were going to judge angels?

I am not following your question? It seems circular given the text i just quoted in Genesis chapter 2:15-17.

You said...the law is a curse because we are held accountable to it. Jesus said (through his apostles) no mortal sinful man can keep the law.

Jesus was able to be a sacrifice for us (justification) only because HE could keep the law perfectly.

Adam and Eve were perfect/sinless in the garden even though the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil was in the garden and God had already Commanded Adam not to eat of it 

The point is, God commanding Adam not to eat of the Tree proves that His commandments (the representation/or explanation of Gods character) existed before sin entered this world!

From the above, I can actually summarise the law in a much more direct way...

"THE LAW REPRESENTS AND EXPLAINS THE CHARACTER OF GOD"

So when you say, the law is a curse, logically and remaining consistent with your claim, you are saying that God is a curse because we are told in the bible that we cannot live up to His character!

I see a problem with that claim...it is also claiming that God intentionally put the tree of the knowledge of good an evil in the garden because he knew that Adam and Eve would sin! I feel it is then inadvertently claiming, even sinless people cannot refuse temptation and keep the law!

That is very dangerous claim....as things get far worse...

One would then logically conclude that the Messiah (the only person who perfectly kept the law) could not be a perfect sacrifice to "all creation" in this world because Jesus sacrifice cannot apply to perfect individuals who have fallen.

I think that then leads to theological issues because if we read this claim in context with Hebrews 6:4&5, i would automatically then deduce that Adam and Eve cannot be redeemed via Jesus death, only their offspring "born into sin" can be!

Hebrews 6:4It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6and who have fallen c away, to be brought back to repentance.

The bible teaches that God is love

1 John 4 "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."

Gods law is love...

"the Ten Commandments show the actions that demonstrate our love to our Creator and our fellow man."

https://www.ucg.ca/booklets/new-covenant-does-it-abolish-gods-law/ten-commandments-keys-law-love

I do not see how one can come to the conclusion from all of the above that the law is a curse! That is claiming that God has intentionally cursed us (or intentionally provided the means by which he determined we would be cursed!)

Edited by adamjedgar
  • Well Said! 1