• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Statement of Faith

We believe in God, the almighty creator of heaven and earth.

We believe in the triunity of God. We believe that God is eternally One, and also eternally the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit — the three being distinct, but not separate. Each Person of the Godhead coexists from everlasting to everlasting.

We believe in the Messiah, Jesus, God’s only begotten son, God come in the flesh. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate. He was crucified, died and buried. On the third day, He rose again. Soon afterward He ascended into heaven. Now He is seated at the right hand of the Father and He will return to judge both the living and the dead and reign for evermore.

We believe all mankind are sinful and are therefore subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.

We believe that everyone is in need of God’s salvation. Mankind is absolutely unable to fulfill the heavy demands of God’s righteousness, holiness and glory. Therefore, God, in sending His Only Begotten Son, has accomplished redemption for us through the shedding of Jesus’ blood. Because of His Son’s death, God has forgiven us of our sins, reconciled us to Himself, and justified us by making Him our righteousness.

We believe that salvation is a gift received by faith alone, in Messiah alone, and is expressed in the individual’s recognition and repentance of sin, and the acceptance of the risen Messiah as Saviour, Lord and God.

We believe in the supreme Lordship of Jesus Christ, before whom every knee in heaven and on earth will bow. And that there is no other name under Heaven by which we can approach the holy throne of God. Jesus Christ is the one and only mediator between God and man.

We believe that immediately upon death, the soul of the believer is absent from the body, and present with the Lord.

We believe in the ongoing work of sanctification by the Holy Spirit after redemption for the purpose of producing life changing fruit — love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and self-control.

We believe that the 66 books of the Canon, from Genesis to Revelation are the exhaustive, inerrant and inspired word of God.

We have so many different members who believe all so different, doesn't this statement connect us all together if we accept Jesus to be our Savior and let Him have His way in our life?

Remember ,the time is near,He doesn't want anybody left behind and He's calling your name ,will you let Him in?

The Way, the Truth, and the Life
5“Lord,” said Thomas, “we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way?” 6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7If you had known Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.”…John 14:5-7

• This is Worthy 3

How do you witness to others?

How can they see Jesus in you ,so they would like to receive what you have?

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  575
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,690
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  9

11 minutes ago, angels4u said:

We have so many different members who believe all so different, doesn't this statement connect us all together if we accept Jesus to be our Savior and let Him have His way in our life?

Remember ,the time is near,He doesn't want anybody left behind and He's calling your name ,will you let Him in?

The Way, the Truth, and the Life
5“Lord,” said Thomas, “we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way?” 6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7If you had known Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.”…John 14:5-7

This is what I believe. I took this off the church website that I attend. It is important to know what we believe.

SALVATION — GOD’S ONLY WAY.

Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who by His own death on the cross obtained eternal redemption for the believer. In its broadest sense salvation includes the regeneration, justification, sanctification, and glorification of sinners. There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.  It excludes boasting and promotes humility.

A. Regeneration, or the spiritual birth, is a work of God’s grace whereby believers become new creatures in Christ Jesus. It is a change of heart worked by the Holy Spirit through conviction of sin, to which the sinner responds in repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Repentance and faith are inseparable experiences of grace.  Repentance is a genuine turning from sin toward God. Faith is the acceptance of Jesus Christ and commitment of the entire personality to Him as Lord and Savior.

B. Justification is God’s gracious and full acquittal upon principles of His righteousness of all sinners who repent and believe in Christ. Justification brings the believer unto a relationship of peace and favor with God and sets the believer free from the penalty of sin.

C. Sanctification is the experience, beginning in regeneration, by which the believer is set apart to God’s purposes, and is enabled to progress toward moral and spiritual maturity through the presence and power of the Holy Spirit dwelling in him. Growth in grace should continue throughout the regenerate person’s life. Sanctification sets the believer free from the power of sin.

D. Glorification is the finale of salvation and is the final state of Christ-followers in eternity.  Glorification sets the believer free from the presence of sin.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,966
  • Content Per Day:  5.45
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

The opening post pretty much sums up everything nicely.  It is common ground for most Christians.  The other stuff, to me is petty.  I don't really like to debate the petty stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/31/2021 at 1:25 PM, angels4u said:

How do you witness to others?

How can they see Jesus in you ,so they would like to receive what you have?

Hi angels4u, that is a great question!

I subscribe to the practice:

"Preach the Gospel at all times. Use words if necessary."

There is no way to preach the Gospel without words. Apart from the words, all people see is behavior. I have know people who are generous and kind, encouraging and helpful, even seem to live outstanding lives when viewed by there ethics and morals. These people appeal to me more than most Christians (or at least most who say they are Christians), without the words of the Gospel, they are like the Pharisees, white washed tombs. These people are unlike the Pharisees though, because they are appealing it ways the Pharisees were not.

What so Christians, disciples of Christ, do, what is important to them? The love God, the love their neighbors, and the love Jesus. How to the love Jesus?

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments." John 14:15 NASB

One of Jesus commandments was:

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to follow all that I commanded you; and behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

I offer then that if people love Jesus, then they are about His business of making disciples, and will be teaching those new disciples to obey Jesus. Any Christian who is not doing that, is not loving Jesus or his neighbors as he or she ought to. Evangelism and preaching the gospel or not extra credit options, they are commandments.

Good works and an lovely personality, are great to have, but no one comes to the Father except through Jesus, and without the words, they have nothing to understand and believe. "Witnessing" is about testifying. The good works and behavior, and winning personality are a testimony, only if people know that you are a Christian, and have been informed of what that means.

Since you asked, I have the privilege of teaching Bible and Church History to High School students, so that is one way and place where I get to make disciples and preach the Gospel. In the public sphere, I live a Godly life, so as not to bring disrepute to Jesus or His church. I offer small acts of kindness, I try to be the biggest tipper at the restaurant, I let people go ahead of me in lines at the supermarket, if they have fewer items than me in their carts, or if they have restless children with them. I engage people in conversation, and tell them about Jesus (the supermarket line is great for that - a captive audience) and if they are two busy to talk with me, I give them a gospel tract to read later, with a business card stapled to it, so they can call me if they have any questions. I hold Bible studies in my neighborhood, and I am quick to help neighbors, where I see a need. Want to know a good way you have a long conversation? Get down in the dirt with neighbors, and help them pull weeds. See a homeless person panhandling? Take them to a fast food restaurant for a meal (and conversation).

You get the idea, it just takes only a little imagination to recognize that opportunities are all over the place. That is step one. Step two is to resolve to be obedient. Step three is to put your money where your mouth is and actually love God and your neighbor, instead of lip service and telling ourselves that concern and prayers for people is all we need do. If you love your neighbor, you will make sure than they hear the gospel.

So, I now repeat those excellent questions:

How do you witness to others? How can they see Jesus in you ,so they would like to receive what you have?

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, angeleyesGBU said:

Hi angels4u, that is a great question!

I subscribe to the practice:

"Preach the Gospel at all times. Use words if necessary."

There is no way to preach the Gospel without words. Apart from the words, all people see is behavior. I have know people who are generous and kind, encouraging and helpful, even seem to live outstanding lives when viewed by there ethics and morals. These people appeal to me more than most Christians (or at least most who say they are Christians), without the words of the Gospel, they are like the Pharisees, white washed tombs. These people are unlike the Pharisees though, because they are appealing it ways the Pharisees were not.

What so Christians, disciples of Christ, do, what is important to them? The love God, the love their neighbors, and the love Jesus. How to the love Jesus?

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments." John 14:15 NASB

One of Jesus commandments was:

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to follow all that I commanded you; and behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

I offer then that if people love Jesus, then they are about His business of making disciples, and will be teaching those new disciples to obey Jesus. Any Christian who is not doing that, is not loving Jesus or his neighbors as he or she ought to. Evangelism and preaching the gospel or not extra credit options, they are commandments.

Good works and an lovely personality, are great to have, but no one comes to the Father except through Jesus, and without the words, they have nothing to understand and believe. "Witnessing" is about testifying. The good works and behavior, and winning personality are a testimony, only if people know that you are a Christian, and have been informed of what that means.

Since you asked, I have the privilege of teaching Bible and Church History to High School students, so that is one way and place where I get to make disciples and preach the Gospel. In the public sphere, I live a Godly life, so as not to bring disrepute to Jesus or His church. I offer small acts of kindness, I try to be the biggest tipper at the restaurant, I let people go ahead of me in lines at the supermarket, if they have fewer items than me in their carts, or if they have restless children with them. I engage people in conversation, and tell them about Jesus (the supermarket line is great for that - a captive audience) and if they are two busy to talk with me, I give them a gospel tract to read later, with a business card stapled to it, so they can call me if they have any questions. I hold Bible studies in my neighborhood, and I am quick to help neighbors, where I see a need. Want to know a good way you have a long conversation? Get down in the dirt with neighbors, and help them pull weeds. See a homeless person panhandling? Take them to a fast food restaurant for a meal (and conversation).

You get the idea, it just takes only a little imagination to recognize that opportunities are all over the place. That is step one. Step two is to resolve to be obedient. Step three is to put your money where your mouth is and actually love God and your neighbor, instead of lip service and telling ourselves that concern and prayers for people is all we need do. If you love your neighbor, you will make sure than they hear the gospel.

So, I now repeat those excellent questions:

How do you witness to others? How can they see Jesus in you ,so they would like to receive what you have?

I agree with your posts and  believe people need to see the Holy Spirit working in us to be a effective wittness for the Kingdom,when we're born again , God will first of clean our life and the Holy Spirit will teach us in all things,we will be a brand new creation .

He will show us what He wants us to do , faith without actions is dead so therefore you're not really effective if people can't see Jesus in us,maybe if you look around in the forum ,some people might be a witness to somebody while others could be a hindrens.

We all have to work out our salvation as God leads us to do,to be a light to this world is live in such a way that others want to have what we have,give the gospel when there's an opportunity and do not get tired of doing good.

1 Peter 3:15 but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect.   1 Peter 3:15

Jesus is in every area of my life everyday and night. Sharing the gospel is easy for me. I think we do it not only in our words but in our actions to others.  I love to share the plan of salvation with others!! That is our mission on this earth!! There's a dying world in need of a Savior and His Name Is Jesus!!

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Patticats said:

Jesus is in every area of my life everyday and night. Sharing the gospel is easy for me. I think we do it not only in our words but in our actions to others.  I love to share the plan of salvation with others!! That is our mission on this earth!! There's a dying world in need of a Savior and His Name Is Jesus!!

Actions speak often louder then words,  some people might make big speeches to be heard ,for me kindness and care for people  go hand in hand with speading the gospel,don't you think? Live so people see Jesus in you..

1 Corinthians 13

If I speak in the tongues [1] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, [2] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

9For we know in part and we prophesy in part,

10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

Actions speak often louder then words,  some people might make big speeches to be heard ,for me kindness and care for people  go hand in hand with speading the gospel,don't you think? Live so people see Jesus in you..

1 Corinthians 13

If I speak in the tongues [1] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, [2] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

9For we know in part and we prophesy in part,

10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Amen Angels4U!! I love that scripture!!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, angels4u said:

Actions ARE important, but by themselves, they do not spread the gospel. It is of course not an either or, but a both and. However, when it comes down to it, failure to tell others about Jesus, I think, is a greater omission that neglecting to send them a "thinking of you" note, or baking them a cake, or even encouraging them when they are feeling down. 

Both are important, but one introduces them to Jesus, the other endears them to us!

• Thumbs Up 1