IGNORED

He that leadeth into captivity into captivity shall they go ???

R. Hartono

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.47
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

27 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

Smile back .... Not really. The Tribulation starts at the Abomination of Desolation 3 ½ years into the seven (Matt.24:15). According to 2nd Thessalonians 2, those who are going to be gathered to the Lord (v.1), must see the beast "revealed" (v.3). But, I have a question. Noah goes into the Ark seven days before it starts raining. What is this a picture of? And why did God have Noah build an Ark when God could have preserved Noah without it?

I love this question. I like to think it is a picture of Christ lifting us above the waters of judgement, as we are contained 'In Christ'. Its all about Jesus Christ.

The same will be true again....I suspect.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Alive said:

You are making a habit of dishing out these kinds of insults to other members---please stop. It does not further the conversation.

I disagree with your claim of insulting anyone, that's your opinion and I disagree

Jesus Is The Lord

Edited by truth7t7

13 minutes ago, Alive said:

I love this question. I like to think it is a picture of Christ lifting us above the waters of judgement, as we are contained 'In Christ'. Its all about Jesus Christ.

Fact is, all men will face the Lords last day fire in judgement

The righteous will pass through it to the eternal kingdom, the wicked will be caught in it for eternity (The Lake Of Fire)

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Edited by truth7t7

5 minutes ago, truth7t7 said:

I disagree with your claim of insulting anyone, that's your opinion and I disagree

Jesus Is The Lord

Well--well. This is a kind of mocking of another and their beliefs, friend and you have done this several times. That is against the TOS.

Please don't. I reckon you think it is funny. Others may not.

5 minutes ago, Alive said:

Well--well. This is a kind of mocking of another and their beliefs, friend and you have done this several times. That is against the TOS.

Please don't. I reckon you think it is funny. Others may not.

Once again, I disagree with your claims, and your teachings and belief regarding Gods judgement

Jesus Is The Lord

Edited by truth7t7

1 minute ago, truth7t7 said:

Once again, I disagree with your claims

Jesus Is The Lord

You are perfectly free to disagree, but you don't get to behave however you choose.

It is my judgement that that kind of mocking is disrespectful and is against the TOS.

Please don't do it.

I am of the opinion that the letter being written to that present audience, and God desiring (assumption) that He was understood through John, that that audience understood what was written better and more clearly than we 2000 years later can.

There were those alive then, who were clear on the borrowed OT symbolism, contained or saturated in the letter and able to convey that to others 'In Christ', who did not.

It occurs to me to be one reason why the letter is so difficult and controversial.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

19 minutes ago, Josheb said:

This op is about Revelation 13:18. 

That verse occurs within the context of prior and subsequent statements made within the same book, some of which occur in that very same chapter and others of which occur in other chapters. Any answer to the question(s) asked in this op should be couched first in what is plainly stated. The verse itself plainly states, "Here is wisdom," not "There is wisdom," or "Where is wisdom," but that simple fact seems to have escaped recognition, acceptance, and belief. If we cannot acknowledge the "Here" of the verse, then how are we evr 1) going to understand anything else it states or 2) have any agreement among ourselves with God's word???  

That's not an opinion

I asked one simple, single question. It is a question that is op-relevant and scripturally valid: Did the original audience have any understanding of what they were reading when it came to verse 13:18? That turned out (unexpectedly) to be important because there are at least some here who believe those believers were clueless and did not and could not understand. Logically, that means those scriptures were meaningless to them. 

That is not an opinion. 

Logically, that means the scripture is irrelevant to them. They might as well fold up the letter, pop it in an envelope, and put it aside for some other group of people for whom it might be relevant because it is neither meaningful or relevant to them

That is not an opinion. 

It is the logical outcome of believing the original readers clueless, unknowing, and lacking understanding. 

That position also comes into direct conflict with other statements found in the revelation. I posted them. They are not "opinion." They are the sovereign word of God authoritative over every single opinion in this forum, including mine. I bow to those words. I bow to the words stating the revelation was given to show those bondservants of Christ what was going to happen. They were shown. They were not clueless. 

That is not an opinion. 

So do please make a conscious effort to keep the post about the posts and not the posters, otherwise this is the last effort I will make to discuss any of it with you. 

If that is truly what is believed, then read the posts as eloquent and pithy posts of an intelligent and educated person who also has the exact same Spirit within him as you do... for their op-relevant content

And keep the posts about the posts and not the posters. :D

The Original OP is about Revelation 13:10 as seen below 

He that leadeth into captivity into captivity shall they go ???

R. Hartono post #1 Jan 13th

Quote: "What is the meaning of the above Rev 13:10 ?"

Edited by truth7t7

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,069
  • Content Per Day:  3.30

5 hours ago, Alive said:

Yeah brother! God's great Mind thought about every word he wrote. This can be no accident ...

17 And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth. (Ge 7:17)

We would say that the Ark was lifted up above the WATERS. But God revealed something of the future - the escape of the next universal judgment!

We have three grand types of the rapture.

1. The Ark - the escape from universal judgment
  2. Abraham and Lot - the escape from Sodom's judgment by angels
  3. The Transfiguration - Elijah speaks for the living and raptured, Moses speaks for the dead who are resurrected and then raptured to meet Christ "on high". The rest must remain in the lowlands and are overcome by a demon (Matt.17)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,069
  • Content Per Day:  3.30

5 hours ago, Josheb said:

I believe I have in fact already explained how and why anything and everything about any prospective modern NWO can and should be dismissed. And I used scripture. Shall I repeat myself, or whould you like to re-read what has already been posted in a manner actively looking for the profit? 

I have not posted an opinion. I posted scripture, posted it as written, and asked everyone to look at what is stated. Misrepresenting what I posted as "opinion" is accusatory. It's not an opinion to observe denying the understanding of the original audience is a problem. It' a logical necessity. NOT personal opinion. I did in fact provide a reason, a quite substantive one approached from two completely different avenues. 

And if you can't practice what you preach then don't expect further conversation because, 

Is the problem. Look in the mirror. 

Keep the posts about the posts, not the posters. 

I challenge you to stick to the single verse broached for conversation in this op and not do what so commonly occurs in the Prophecy board: the inability to stay on topic and discuss one verse at a time until all that can be said about it is exhausted. This op is about Revelation 13:18 and NOT chapters 21 or 22, and I have already explained how the events described are mostly in the past. I do not allow myself exceptions and if I did that would be off-topic. 

<<<<<<<<<<<     >>>>>>>>>>>>

This op is about Revelation 13:18. 

That verse occurs within the context of prior and subsequent statements made within the same book, some of which occur in that very same chapter and others of which occur in other chapters. Any answer to the question(s) asked in this op should be couched first in what is plainly stated. The verse itself plainly states, "Here is wisdom," not "There is wisdom," or "Where is wisdom," but that simple fact seems to have escaped recognition, acceptance, and belief. If we cannot acknowledge the "Here" of the verse, then how are we evr 1) going to understand anything else it states or 2) have any agreement among ourselves with God's word???  

That's not an opinion

I asked one simple, single question. It is a question that is op-relevant and scripturally valid: Did the original audience have any understanding of what they were reading when it came to verse 13:18? That turned out (unexpectedly) to be important because there are at least some here who believe those believers were clueless and did not and could not understand. Logically, that means those scriptures were meaningless to them. 

That is not an opinion. 

Logically, that means the scripture is irrelevant to them. They might as well fold up the letter, pop it in an envelope, and put it aside for some other group of people for whom it might be relevant because it is neither meaningful or relevant to them

That is not an opinion. 

It is the logical outcome of believing the original readers clueless, unknowing, and lacking understanding. 

That position also comes into direct conflict with other statements found in the revelation. I posted them. They are not "opinion." They are the sovereign word of God authoritative over every single opinion in this forum, including mine. I bow to those words. I bow to the words stating the revelation was given to show those bondservants of Christ what was going to happen. They were shown. They were not clueless. 

That is not an opinion. 

So do please make a conscious effort to keep the post about the posts and not the posters, otherwise this is the last effort I will make to discuss any of it with you. 

If that is truly what is believed, then read the posts as eloquent and pithy posts of an intelligent and educated person who also has the exact same Spirit within him as you do... for their op-relevant content

And keep the posts about the posts and not the posters. :D

I have read your reply and noted it.

Go well brother.