• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, truth7t7 said:

Josephus is a Jewish traitor to his people, adulterer, and Roman propagandists for the Emperor, of no value

I have the written word of God, who needs Josephus

70AD fulfillment is a farce, the events mentioned are future

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

God has this habit of using fallen humans. Check out David and Peter for example... :)

If you are above any teaching that is quite sad...:(

Yes, I thought along the same lines at first, but then realized the issue of being extra-biblical is not really relevant when you're only looking to confirm certain facts of history, and not looking for spiritual truth. Assume most ancient writers of history were pagans, and who knows what their lives were like....that's just not relevant either to the purpose of merely establishing historical facts.

(If I'm not mistaken there are other biblical prophecies about which we can only know they were fulfilled by looking at history, eg, Daniel's prophecy about the Greek empire being parceled into four.  The bible doesn't mention it later on as far as I know.  Likewise the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD....such an important and pivotal event that was prophesied in both OT as well as by Jesus, yet the bible doesn't mention it's fulfillment, so we only know of it's fulfillment by looking at historical accounts.)

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

On 1/17/2022 at 7:49 AM, Montana Marv said:

And you spread the fear of Post Trib. No Hope.

If you fear persecution for your faith, grow in the love of God.  Perfect love casts out fear.  Our blessed hope (assurance) is eternal life in Christ.  It's a hope beyond this world.  

• And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.  Matthew 10:28

Store your treasures in heaven.  Do not love the world.  Love God.  He will keep you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

and who knows what their lives were like

Josephus was a Jewish Priest. His story is amazing and those that dis him are shortsighted to say the least.

After Jerusalem Fell the believers fled to Pella. As far as I know they all survived, but those keeping the Passover that year were exterminated. A while later, the Jerusalem Church thrived.

I am not persuaded by any particular eschatological system of end times. They all have flaws. I read/listened to Gentry's "When Jerusalem Fell" and other ideas. Thus I have a wide rather than narrow view. Many believer's views are colored by a few seminaries that for reasons of their own, do not often tell us the whole story.

Very few in the pews read and study for themselves and so the Lahaye and Lindsey stories prosper along with Nelson Darby's and Schofield's various renditions.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, truth7t7 said:

There is only one future second coming, and that's whats seen in Matthew 24:29-30, and several places in scripture

As I said, the coming of Jesus in Matthew 24 occurs at the 6th seal. It is immediately after the tribulation and just before the beginning of Gods wrath.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

20 hours ago, truth7t7 said:

Jesus Returns Immediately "After" The Tribulation

Matthew 24:29-30KJV

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

When does the  Bridegroom come for the Bride. The timing of this event only God the Father knows.  Tying it to some other event such as Matt 24 is a stab in the dark. We all know the 2nd  Coming follows the 70th Week. But  not when the Bridegroom comes. Pre Tribulation is the  only view which cannot be calculated. 

A premature baby will come unexpectedly. A full term baby one can calculate within a few days. 

In Christ 

Montana Marv 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

On 1/16/2022 at 8:27 PM, truth7t7 said:

So you can better understand the propaganda surrounding the pre-trib rapture, in the 70's-80's they created several low budget movies to display the pre-trib teaching, as people are raptured away, with Antichrist death squads seeking those that refuse the mark, no medical, food, run and hide!

These propaganda movies pushing fear were played in churches across America on Friday/Saturday nights for "Decades"

The Rapture Propaganda Movies:

A Thief In The Night (1972)

A Distant Thunder (1978)

Image Of The Beast (1981)

The Prodigal Planet (1983)

And can't help but notice too how Dispensational sensational teaching has turned the Father's house into a house of merchandise like nothing else ever has.  I truly hope more people will become willing to re-examine it all.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

3 hours ago, The Light said:

As I said, the coming of Jesus in Matthew 24 occurs at the 6th seal. It is immediately after the tribulation and just before the beginning of Gods wrath.

Ok, thanks for the input, I have read your responses every time, I'm not fully in disagreement

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

And can't help but notice too how Dispensational sensational teaching has turned the Father's house into a house of merchandise like nothing else ever has.  I truly hope more people will become willing to re-examine it all.

I agree, I was caught in the grips of dispensationalism for 20 years, never really challenged the teachings in the Chuck Smith Calvary Chapels of the 70'-80's

The Lord opened my eyes with 2 Thessalonians 2:3 showing the (Man Of Sin) will be revealed to the Church on earth, removing the pre-trib claim, gone!

It was after this awakening, I went on to study where it started, what dispensationalism was, its founders and key players, a "Spiders Web of Deception"!

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

When does the  Bridegroom come for the Bride. The timing of this event only God the Father knows.  Tying it to some other event such as Matt 24 is a stab in the dark. We all know the 2nd  Coming follows the 70th Week. But  not when the Bridegroom comes. Pre Tribulation is the  only view which cannot be calculated. 

A premature baby will come unexpectedly. A full term baby one can calculate within a few days. 

In Christ 

Montana Marv 

As stated sever times, a pre-trib rapture dosent exist in scripture, feel free to post your scriptural claims, waiting?

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  1.11

2 hours ago, truth7t7 said:

As stated sever times, a pre-trib rapture dosent exist in scripture, feel free to post your scriptural claims, waiting?

Hey 7t7,

A few weeks ago, when we were going back and forth, I asked you a question about where in Revelation is the Church raptured. You answered and then said where is the pretrib rapture in scripture, it doesn't exist. When you answered, several times, I didn't understand your answer. I thought you were not giving me an answer, therefore I did not feel compelled to answer your question. Anyway, I apologize for not understanding that you were answering. Secondly, kudos to you. When someone mentioned that it was getting a little rough, you understood completely what was going on and took no offense. That's good stuff brother as I was not offended either. Now to answer your question. Here is the early summer, 1st harvest, secret pretribulation rapture in scripture.

Song of Solomon 2

8 The voice of my beloved! behold, he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills.

9 My beloved is like a roe or a young hart: behold, he standeth behind our wall, he looketh forth at the windows, shewing himself through the lattice.

10 My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.

11 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;

12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;

13 The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

14 O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely.