• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

18 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

The new covenant is superior. The promises of which it based are also superior. David was not starving, nor was Christ and his apostles. I agree with you we are not saved by works. I disagree with keeping mosaic law as a sacrament of the Church.

We will have to agree to disagree then 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

8 hours ago, Golds and Blues said:

Are you speaking for anne2?

No 

you had asked her to provide scripture and she quoted me and provided the scriptures 

or she was responding to me, but I didn’t refute her post so perhaps she was expounding on her post, I could be wrong I was pointing out she had quoted the wrong person but I could be wrong :rolleyes: I was on my phone so anything is possible ❤️

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, MrBear said:

I think you quoted the wrong person, but you unpacked it with the right verses, I’m not disputing your comment I’m enforcing it GOD doesn’t need showbread, he doesn’t need people to do works, we aren’t saved by our works we are saved by our faith, doing works is a reflection of our obedience to the Father, But doing the greater good will always trump works, the works are the aftereffects of our devotion

Like baptism, you don’t need baptism to be saved ( the thief on the cross, the man in the hospital bed that confesses his belief in God just before death), the act of baptism is our way of showing God our devotion to die and resurrect with Jesus through baptism is works, same as keeping sabbath or not eating showbread.

But the greater good is superior to works ❤️

In both instances the unlawful works without guilt, were not precedence. Nobody was starving, and it was not to save a life.

Keeping the sinai covenant is not Christian sacraments for the Church IMO. They are not the better works.

Heb 8:6  But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. {covenant: or, testament }

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Jesus fulfilled the law perfectly on our behalf.   His righteousness was credited to our account.  He took our unrighteousness upon Himself when He went to the cross.

Rom 4:22  That is why his faith was "counted to him as righteousness."  Rom 4:23  But the words "it was counted to him" were not written for his sake alone,  Rom 4:24  but for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord,  Rom 4:25  who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.

Rom 5:1  Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.  Rom 5:7  For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—  Rom 5:8  but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  Rom 5:9  Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

We see in the word that the law is not for those made righteous by faith in Jesus Christ, but for sinners that they might know their need for a Savior. 

Rom 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Rom 10:4. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Gal 2:16 “knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Gal 2:21  I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed iseveryone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”  Jas 2:10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.

Gal 3:11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.”

Gal 3:13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”,

Gal 3:21

Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.

Gal 5:14

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

1Ti 1:9

knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for man slayers,

Heb 7:19

for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

Believers fulfill the law by allowing Christ in us to love others and serve others.  That also brings glory to God.  There is no longer an obligation for believers to obey the law.  We are not "under" the law or under the old covenant.  Instead we are already declared righteous by God, having Christ's righteousness conferred on us.  We are set free to serve God in love.  We are given a new heart and a new Spirit that delights in serving God and being a blessing.  Even if that is obeying the speed limit, it is being a blessing by being a law abiding citizen.  It brings peace and joy.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,883
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

17 hours ago, Willa said:

Jesus fulfilled the law perfectly on our behalf.   His righteousness was credited to our account.

Without examining and arguing whether Jesus fulfilled the law of Moses or not.

And without talking about Jesus at this time, but only about the righteousness of the Law. 

The point in the making is that there is nothing in the Law of Moses that says that the righteousness of the Law can be transfered to anyone or for that matter imputed to anyone. 

• Loved it! 1

37 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

And without talking about Jesus at this time, but only about the righteousness of the Law. 

The point in the making is that there is nothing in the Law of Moses that says that the righteousness of the Law can be transfered to anyone or for that matter imputed to anyone. 

Even if keeping the law of the Sinai covenant were transferred would it get you there?

1. What righteousness is this?

De 6:25  And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

2. what is this righteousness?

Hear, O Israel: Thou art to pass over Jordan this day, to go in to possess nations greater and mightier than thyself, cities great and fenced up to heaven,
2  A people great and tall, the children of the Anakims, whom thou knowest, and of whom thou hast heard say, Who can stand before the children of Anak!
3  Understand therefore this day, that the LORD thy God is he which goeth over before thee; as a consuming fire he shall destroy them, and he shall bring them down before thy face: so shalt thou drive them out, and destroy them quickly, as the LORD hath said unto thee.
4  Speak not thou in thine heart, after that the LORD thy God hath cast them out from before thee, saying, For my righteousness the LORD hath brought me in to possess this land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD doth drive them out from before thee.
5  Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
6  Understand therefore, that the LORD thy God giveth thee not this good land to possess it for thy righteousness; for thou art a stiffnecked people.

Edited by Anne2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,883
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Anne2 said:

Even if keeping the law of the Sinai covenant were transferred would it get you there?

1. What righteousness is this?

De 6:25  And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

2. what is this righteousness?

Hear, O Israel: Thou art to pass over Jordan this day, to go in to possess nations greater and mightier than thyself, cities great and fenced up to heaven,
2  A people great and tall, the children of the Anakims, whom thou knowest, and of whom thou hast heard say, Who can stand before the children of Anak!
3  Understand therefore this day, that the LORD thy God is he which goeth over before thee; as a consuming fire he shall destroy them, and he shall bring them down before thy face: so shalt thou drive them out, and destroy them quickly, as the LORD hath said unto thee.
4  Speak not thou in thine heart, after that the LORD thy God hath cast them out from before thee, saying, For my righteousness the LORD hath brought me in to possess this land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD doth drive them out from before thee.
5  Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
6  Understand therefore, that the LORD thy God giveth thee not this good land to possess it for thy righteousness; for thou art a stiffnecked people.

Thank you, for posting. 

We have Jesus Christ righteousness which it is not the righteousness of the Law, but the righteousness of the Heavenly Father in Jesus Christ, who is our peace with the Heavenly Father. 

Ephesians 2:14-15

14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Well Said! 1

54 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Thank you, for posting. 

We have Jesus Christ righteousness which it is not the righteousness of the Law, but the righteousness of the Heavenly Father in Jesus Christ, who is our peace with the Heavenly Father. 

Ephesians 2:14-15

14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,

Yeah!!! I think so. It is God's righteousness. His faithfulness to keep his oath he sware to our father Abraham...

3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

While it is not in the Old Testament, it is taught in Romans explicitly.  Since this is salvation by grace through faith taught by the Holy Spirit through Paul, I believe it also is righteousness by grace through faith.  It also teaches the law of love which we now practice which fulfills all the OT law.  People can't impute righteousness, but with God all things are possible. He credited the righteousness of Christ to our accounts.  Praise His Holy Name! This is why we have a better High Priest, a better testament, a better law, a better faith than the Jews had.  Read Hebrews as well.

Rom 4:22  And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

Rom 4:23  Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;

Rom 4:24  But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Rom 4:25  Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

• Thumbs Up 1