other one

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I know this is way way way beyond time limits, but there are soooo many threads that come and go about the subject and it would be so good to be able to send people to it.

• Thanks 2

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.04
  • Days Won:  8

This is a good documentary.  If you happen to believe in the Darwinian Evolution Theory (or any involving billions or trillions of years), you should take a look at this documentary.   Genesis is true. 

Genesis is history!

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

Within the first few minutes, the narrator is comparing apples to oranges. Water running down a steep slope carved out these miniature canyons through some extremely loose debris deposited as a direct result of the Mt. St. Helens eruption. The Grand Canyon is carved through much different layers and much different terrain. While beautiful and interesting, these canyons in the video are not a close approximation to the Grand Canyon.

If someone wants to discuss particular evidences discussed in the video, please point them out with time stamps. I am unlikely to watch the entire video.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Within the first few minutes, the narrator is comparing apples to oranges. Water running down a steep slope carved out these miniature canyons through some extremely loose debris deposited as a direct result of the Mt. St. Helens eruption. The Grand Canyon is carved through much different layers and much different terrain. While beautiful and interesting, these canyons in the video are not a close approximation to the Grand Canyon.

If someone wants to discuss particular evidences discussed in the video, please point them out with time stamps. I am unlikely to watch the entire video.

a lot of people read the Bible the same way.   First thing they see as not lining up they turn their back on the whole thing.....   I'm sorry you feel that way without getting the full story.

3 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Not quite.  First, a lake broke open that violently flooded the area and that flood created those canyons in hours because of the Mount Saint Helens eruption, the same way the Grand Canyon was created due to a world-wide flood with some parts forming in hours, days and months.   The different layers in the little canyon in the video was an effect called hydro-logic sorting.  The guy speaking mentions that 600 feet below him was the old terrain.  The layers formed in hours, not trillions of years.

Hint:  Rivers don't flow up hill, even with the 'magic of evolution theory.'   The Kiabab uplift in the Grand Canyon is like 4,000 feet higher than the river source.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

Rivers don't flow up hill, even with the 'magic of evolution theory.'   The Kiabab uplift in the Grand Canyon is like 4,000 feet higher than the river source. 

The slope (decrease in elevation divided by distance) for the Colorado river is much less than that of the mini-canyons that are carved through very loose terrain.

1 hour ago, other one said:

a lot of people read the Bible the same way.   First thing they see as not lining up they turn their back on the whole thing.....   I'm sorry you feel that way without getting the full story.

I was raised YEC and was determined to remain so. I’ve seen much of the story in many different forms. Biological evidence changed my mind.

I’ll be happy to look at individual arguments if you would like to discuss them.

8 hours ago, one.opinion said:

The slope (decrease in elevation divided by distance) for the Colorado river is much less than that of the mini-canyons that are carved through very loose terrain.

It was 'cut' 22 months later when the lake broke free.  The ground was not loose.  All the hundreds of layers formed 22 months prior, not over trillions of years (hydrologic sorting).  The mini canyons are about 1,000 feet wide, 140 feet deep, and formed in hours.

22 minutes ago, Sparks said:

It was 'cut' 22 months later when the lake broke free.  The ground was not loose.  All the hundreds of layers formed 22 months prior, not over trillions of years (hydrologic sorting).  The mini canyons are about 1,000 feet wide, 140 feet deep, and formed in hours.

I’m not disputing any of that.  It is simply that the two canyons are very different things.

54 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I’m not disputing any of that.  It is simply that the two canyons are very different things.

The two were formed the same way.  Both were formed from a lot of water in a little time.   The Grand Canyon was formed from a washed out spillway from a massive lake, and the little canyon was formed by a washed out spillway from a smaller lake.