• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,305
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

On 2/11/2022 at 2:31 AM, MonicaWife said:

I don't know if I can start this post in "general discussion"?Β 

I've been procrastinated for many years now, and I am not proud of it, but sick and tired of it, and determined to stop it from today.Β 

I've been googled the matter, and I have found a few advices that I will try out.Β 

If you have any advice, I would be glad if you could share with me. 😊 

By the way, I wish you a blessed day there wherever you are! 🌺🌸 🌺 🌸 🌺 🌸 🌺 

I'm just now getting around to responding. ;)Β 

I sincerely doubt that you're being lazy, sister. Remember that we are only men and women, and we may become burdened with the trial... weighed down by tribulation... all to the degree that we might neglect some things in favor of others.Β 

Depression is a part of my life --- an affliction I bear in this flesh and blood body --- and I've come to recognize those times when I'm under the influence of the depressive cycle. I'll find myself in tears before the Lord, lamenting that I'm nothing but a worthless failure, in essence repenting for being a man.Β 

This is my burden to bear, but I don't lack for encouragement for the Lord is faithful to remind me of what is needful. I look at my apartment, which I struggle to keep clean during a depressive cycle, and so the Lord reminds me that I continue to serve my neighbor faithfully. Is that not what He has called me to do?

Ah, so my apartment suffers while I endure depression. This is a small matter because the time comes when I descend upon my house with fervent zeal!Β 

I don't think you're lazy, my friend. You are undergoing hardship, yes? I suspect this is the case. The Lord encourages me to do this, and so it's my honor to encourage His beloved to do the same:

Endure. It will pass. :)Β 

• Well Said! 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.41
  • Content Count:  2,099
  • Content Per Day:  2.54
  • Days Won:  5

33 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I'm just now getting around to responding. ;)Β 

I sincerely doubt that you're being lazy, sister. Remember that we are only men and women, and we may become burdened with the trial... weighed down by tribulation... all to the degree that we might neglect some things in favor of others.Β 

Depression is a part of my life --- an affliction I bear in this flesh and blood body --- and I've come to recognize those times when I'm under the influence of the depressive cycle. I'll find myself in tears before the Lord, lamenting that I'm nothing but a worthless failure, in essence repenting for being a man.Β 

This is my burden to bear, but I don't lack for encouragement for the Lord is faithful to remind me of what is needful. I look at my apartment, which I struggle to keep clean during a depressive cycle, and so the Lord reminds me that I continue to serve my neighbor faithfully. Is that not what He has called me to do?

Ah, so my apartment suffers while I endure depression. This is a small matter because the time comes when I descend upon my house with fervent zeal!Β 

I don't think you're lazy, my friend. You are undergoing hardship, yes? I suspect this is the case. The Lord encourages me to do this, and so it's my honor to encourage His beloved to do the same:

Endure. It will pass. :)Β 

Thank you so much for sharing this with us, it touched my heart!Β 

First, I know how it feels to be depressed, as I struggled deeply with it for years, until the Lord healed me from the sleep disorder which caused the depression. It is 20 years since He healed me, and since then I haven't had those dark depressions, praise His Name!Β 

I hope it is alright that I pray for you?Β 

Yes, I'm going through hardships, so that may be another reason why I procrastinate, besides the lack of motivation and laziness.Β 

But I'm working on it now, and I have peace about this now, and will work on it day by day.

I believe that the Lord will see you and us through every trials and tests and tribulations, and He has counted all of our tears 😭 in a beautiful bottle. 😊 

IMG-20201129-WA0000.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,271
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

Hebrews 12:11

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member

3 hours ago, MonicaWife said:

Thank you so much for sharing this with us, it touched my heart!Β 

First, I know how it feels to be depressed, as I struggled deeply with it for years, until the Lord healed me from the sleep disorder which caused the depression. It is 20 years since He healed me, and since then I haven't had those dark depressions, praise His Name!Β 

I hope it is alright that I pray for you?Β 

Yes, I'm going through hardships, so that may be another reason why I procrastinate, besides the lack of motivation and laziness.Β 

But I'm working on it now, and I have peace about this now, and will work on it day by day.

I believe that the Lord will see you and us through every trials and tests and tribulations, and He has counted all of our tears 😭 in a beautiful bottle. 😊 

IMG-20201129-WA0000.jpg

I'll never turn away the earnest prayers of my brothers and sisters. The Lord bless you for doing so.

The Lord delivered me from a certain grave a long time ago, the cause of which was a mystery until the rumor of my testimony reached a remarkable individual, someone whom the Lord called to look after people who suffered traumatic brain injury. She was astonished by my miraculous recovery which Christ Himself accomplished according to His promise, and when I recounted the symptoms of that horrible disease which reduced me to a shell of my former self over the course of two years, she recognized the progression of untreated Lyme disease.Β 

Untreated, Lyme disease can damage all manner of organs in this body of flesh and blood, especially the brain. The damage caused to the brain is considered irreversible and so when the Lord delivered me from the shadow of death, I could hardly speak and my mind was utter chaos. It was agony.Β 

But we know that nothing is impossible to our Lord Jesus Christ, who was pleased to deliver me with a mighty hand. The testimony of my recovery by His hand is a matter for another time, but I'll briefly sum it up with these words:

The Lord restored that which was taken from me in a manner which far exceeded what I possessed before. Christ healed this body and restored my mind, so I recovered over the course of two years while I endured in the wilderness where I fell ill. He taught me how to live again.Β 

Ah, but He didn't see fit to remove all of my afflictions, dear sister.Β Β The depression remains but I'm not at all dismayed by this... who am I to question the Lord who raised me up from the shadow of death? I remember the example of Jacob who became Israel --- recorded in Genesis 32 --- which confirms what Christ declared to the apostle Paul. His power is perfected in weakness, therefore His grace is sufficient for me.

The Lord afflicted Jacob's body when He blessed Him, making it so that Jacob walked with a limp for the rest of his days upon earth. I understand what this depression is, so don't worry for my sake. It's merely an affliction I bear to the glory of God. :)Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I'll never turn away the earnest prayers of my brothers and sisters. The Lord bless you for doing so.

The Lord delivered me from a certain grave a long time ago, the cause of which was a mystery until the rumor of my testimony reached a remarkable individual, someone whom the Lord called to look after people who suffered traumatic brain injury. She was astonished by my miraculous recovery which Christ Himself accomplished according to His promise, and when I recounted the symptoms of that horrible disease which reduced me to a shell of my former self over the course of two years, she recognized the progression of untreated Lyme disease.Β 

Untreated, Lyme disease can damage all manner of organs in this body of flesh and blood, especially the brain. The damage caused to the brain is considered irreversible and so when the Lord delivered me from the shadow of death, I could hardly speak and my mind was utter chaos. It was agony.Β 

But we know that nothing is impossible to our Lord Jesus Christ, who was pleased to deliver me with a mighty hand. The testimony of my recovery by His hand is a matter for another time, but I'll briefly sum it up with these words:

The Lord restored that which was taken from me in a manner which far exceeded what I possessed before. Christ healed this body and restored my mind, so I recovered over the course of two years while I endured in the wilderness where I fell ill. He taught me how to live again.Β 

Ah, but He didn't see fit to remove all of my afflictions, dear sister.Β Β The depression remains but I'm not at all dismayed by this... who am I to question the Lord who raised me up from the shadow of death? I remember the example of Jacob who became Israel --- recorded in Genesis 32 --- which confirms what Christ declared to the apostle Paul. His power is perfected in weakness, therefore His grace is sufficient for me.

The Lord afflicted Jacob's body when He blessed Him, making it so that Jacob walked with a limp for the rest of his days upon earth. I understand what this depression is, so don't worry for my sake. It's merely an affliction I bear to the glory of God. :)Β 

I'm so glad to hear that you got healed! Such a great miracle! Praise the Lord! β¬†οΈπŸŽΌ 🎻 πŸ†™Β 

You wrote "His power is perfected in weakness, therefore His grace is sufficient for me." I totally understand and agree, as I feel the same way too. I am so grateful for His Love, compassion and faithfulness towards me, and for His patience.Β 

May He continue to guide you and uphold you in His will and plan for you! Amen!Β 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member

3 hours ago, MonicaWife said:

I'm so glad to hear that you got healed! Such a great miracle! Praise the Lord! β¬†οΈπŸŽΌ 🎻 πŸ†™Β 

You wrote "His power is perfected in weakness, therefore His grace is sufficient for me." I totally understand and agree, as I feel the same way too. I am so grateful for His Love, compassion and faithfulness towards me, and for His patience.Β 

May He continue to guide you and uphold you in His will and plan for you! Amen!Β 

I'm blessed to learn of the Lord's marvelous work in you, my friend. We remember these words from the book of Revelation:

Then I heardΒ a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now theΒ salvation, and the power, and theΒ kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for theΒ accuser of our brothersΒ and sistersΒ has been thrown down, the one who accuses them before our God day and night. And theyΒ overcame him because ofΒ the blood of the Lamb and because ofΒ the word of their testimony, and theyΒ did not love their lifeΒ even when faced with death." (Revelation 12: 10-11 NASB)

The testimony of the saints is precious and holy in the sight of our God. The Lord ensured that I will never forget the day when He came for me. My right hand was broken that day --- it's slightly deformed as a result --- so whenever I'm hard-pressed, I look upon that hand and remember the goodness of the Lord who delivered me with His hand because my own was broken. Salvation is of the Lord.

I hope you've been encouraged, dear sister. Procrastination is but a thing we all deal with time to time... some more often than others... but this by no means identifies us as lazy. On the contrary! In my experience, the Lord does not encourage complacency in His sons and daughters. He knows best how to deal with us. :)Β 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,253
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I might promise myself a reward for doing my taxes, which I dread doing this year. Β In previous years I looked forward to doing them and had them done by this time but his year I just can't face it. Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Willa said:

I might promise myself a reward for doing my taxes, which I dread doing this year. Β In previous years I looked forward to doing them and had them done by this time but his year I just can't face it. Β 

The worst thing about procrastination I think, is that it can make to come into a circle which I think is hard to come out of, and especially if I feel guilty etc. πŸ˜” But I have peace and hope with it now, and will work on it in a daily basis.Β 

May the Lord's peace and grace be with you there!Β 

• Thumbs Up 1