Did i do the wrong thing?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

So today is my daughter's bday. Plans got rearranged bc my refund came late and i did a little bday celebration at my house but were gonna take her out to a cute baby play area later. 

Now, i didnt invite the dad to my house bc he said some really nasty things to me. But he will be invited to the baby play area and will be able to take her home.  

I feel he shouldve been there but idk i feel i shouldnt have to tolerate disrespect. 

What do you think??

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,867
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  228
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

people will treat you in the way that you accept being treated ...do you want your daughter to be treated like that ? If not then it is only YOU that will teach her by your actions even more than by your words what is right and what is wrong 

• Loved it! 1

26 minutes ago, ladypeartree said:

people will treat you in the way that you accept being treated ...do you want your daughter to be treated like that ? If not then it is only YOU that will teach her by your actions even more than by your words what is right and what is wrong 

Not at all. Thats why i didnt allow him in my house. However she is his daughter. I dont want to be petty and be a difficult coparent. He will be able to come to the indoor play area and take her home and be with her. Im just trying to be fair while also having boundaries. You know? But you're right. I would stand by my daughter if she did the same and was treated the way i was.

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

It seems fine to me. Sounds like you're being pretty reasonable about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Figure of eighty said:

So today is my daughter's bday. Plans got rearranged bc my refund came late and i did a little bday celebration at my house but were gonna take her out to a cute baby play area later. 

Now, i didnt invite the dad to my house bc he said some really nasty things to me. But he will be invited to the baby play area and will be able to take her home.  

I feel he shouldve been there but idk i feel i shouldnt have to tolerate disrespect. 

What do you think??

Self respect is important. If the man was verbally abusive to you then you made a good decision in not inviting him. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Self respect is important. If the man was verbally abusive to you then you made a good decision in not inviting him. 

It is important.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I know this post is from a few months back, but I looked for a verse for a situation such as yours.  I thought this was interesting:

Romans 14:19

So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.  

In my opinion, you pursued what made for peace in that moment.  You seemed to avoid what could’ve been conflict.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/27/2022 at 1:30 AM, Figure of eighty said:

What do you think??

No, If he disrespects you you can decide when and where you want him to be involved in yours and your daughters life.

Colossians   3: 21, Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged. 

The Bible tells us that God loves His daughters and the children that they bear. Whenever God gives one of His daughters to a man, He desires that the man love, care, protect, and provide for her. In no way does the Scripture teach that women and children be considered second rate or inferior to men. God finds them so special that He asks for special care to be given them; care that only Biblically-based men can provide. It is without a doubt that women are quite capable of taking care of themselves. However, God created men and women to be physically different. And due to the physical nature and strength that God gave men, He has charged them with the provision and protection of their families. However, the physical nature and strength of a man are to be managed with grace and gentleness.

Edited by HAZARD
  • This is Worthy 1