IGNORED

Why were the SACRIFICES NECESSARY BEFORE ... Will they be re-instituted again ... and if so WHY?

George

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,793
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

3 hours ago, Alive said:

For He must reign  until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be  abolished is death. 27 For  HE HAS PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET. But when He says, “ All things are put in subjection,” it is clear that  this excludes the Father who put all things in subjection to Him. 28 When  all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that  God may be all in all.

When is all enemies placed under His feet?  And when is Death abolished?

Rev 20:2  And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, 

Rev 20:3  and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while. 

Rev 20:13  And the sea gave up the dead in it. And death and hell delivered up the dead in them. And each one of them was judged according to their works. 

Rev 20:14  And death and hell were cast into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death.

• Steward

3 hours ago, Alive said:

2 Thes. 1:7-10 when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels 8 in flaming fire, dealing out retribution to those who do not know God, and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 These people will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified among His saints on that day,

That day ...

2Pe 3:8  But, beloved, let not this one thing be hidden from you, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 

2Pe 3:9  The Lord is not slow concerning His promise, as some count slowness, but is long-suffering toward us, not purposing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 

2Pe 3:10  But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a rushing noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat. And the earth and the works in it will be burned up. 

2Pe 3:11  Then, all these things being about to be dissolved, what sort ought you to be in holy behavior and godliness, 

2Pe 3:12  looking for and rushing the coming of the Day of God, on account of which the heavens, being on fire, will melt away, and the elements will melt, burning with heat? 

Peter defines the DAY of GOD in verse 8!

• Steward

3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

The Rabbi in Hebrews wrote this before Jerusalem was destroyed and while the Temple was still standing, and the veil? What about the veil? Was the veil repaired? 

Is it possible to repair the veil without being exposed to the presence of the Lord?

Or the Rabbi wrote that after Jerusalem and the Temple were destroyed to consult the people?

The veil was torn because the Lintel Stone broke --- 80,000 pound cross beam that held the veil broke in half at the crucifixion.  The last judgment of the Sanhedrin in the Temple, was the judgment of Jesus.  From the time of the Lentil stone breaking ... all judgment was held outside in the streets from the day that Jesus was judged.   Jerome wrote extensively about this.  There is a book ... something Gogatha ... it's in my library in Israel, whereby the author believes the crucifixion actually took place on the Mount of Olives based on the fact that the Roman Soldier could "see" the veil torn and based on that ... and other factors that it took place on the Mount of Olives.  I read it ... pondered it ... and felt it didn't have enough evidence to prove such a point.  But it was interesting reading!

• Thanks 1

• Steward

2 hours ago, Alive said:

11  AND THEY WILL NOT TEACH, EACH ONE HIS FELLOW CITIZEN,   AND EACH ONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, ‘KNOW THE LORD,’   FOR THEY WILL ALL KNOW ME,   FROM THE LEAST TO THE GREATEST OF THEM.

When will all the WORLD KNOW him ... 

Eze 39:21  And I will set My glory among the nations, and all the nations shall see My judgments which I have done, and My hand that I have laid on them. 

Eze 39:22  So the house of Israel shall know that I am Jehovah their God from that day and forward. 

Eze 39:23  And the nations shall know that the house of Israel was exiled for their iniquity. Because they sinned against Me, therefore I hid My face from them and gave them into the hand of their enemies. So they all fell by the sword. 

Eze 39:24  According to their uncleanness and according to their sins I have done to them, and have hidden My face from them. 

Eze 39:25  Therefore so says the Lord Jehovah: And I will return the captivity of Jacob, and will have mercy on the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for My holy name; 

Eze 39:26  after they have borne their shame and all their sins by which they have sinned against Me, when they dwell securely in their land and no one terrifies; 

Eze 39:27  when I have brought them again from the peoples, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations; 

Eze 39:28  then they shall know that I am Jehovah their God who exiled them among the nations. But I have gathered them to their own land, and have not left any of them there. 

Eze 39:29  Nor will I hide My face from them any more, for I have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel, says the Lord Jehovah.

Obviously this has NOT HAPPENED YET!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

22 minutes ago, George said:

When is all enemies placed under His feet?  And when is Death abolished?

Rev 20:2  And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, 

Rev 20:3  and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while. 

Rev 20:13  And the sea gave up the dead in it. And death and hell delivered up the dead in them. And each one of them was judged according to their works. 

Rev 20:14  And death and hell were cast into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death.

Yup--That's what it says and I agree of course. Just not about that literal 1000 year deal.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

21 minutes ago, George said:

That day ...

2Pe 3:8  But, beloved, let not this one thing be hidden from you, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 

2Pe 3:9  The Lord is not slow concerning His promise, as some count slowness, but is long-suffering toward us, not purposing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 

2Pe 3:10  But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a rushing noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat. And the earth and the works in it will be burned up. 

2Pe 3:11  Then, all these things being about to be dissolved, what sort ought you to be in holy behavior and godliness, 

2Pe 3:12  looking for and rushing the coming of the Day of God, on account of which the heavens, being on fire, will melt away, and the elements will melt, burning with heat? 

Peter defines the DAY of GOD in verse 8!

Yup--he does. The question is what does 1000 years mean. Is it a literal thousand or like 'cattle on a thousand hills'.

:-)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  777
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Golds and Blues said:

Yochanon the levite fulfilled the prophecy concerning increase of Yeshua. 

18 Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.

That verse says nothing about "Yochanon"....nor does it confirm your apparent claim that the prophesied Levitical restoration (in Jer. 33) is already fulfilled.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  777
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, Alive said:

Yup--he does. The question is what does 1000 years mean. Is it a literal thousand or like 'cattle on a thousand hills'.

:-)

Well....truth be told.....there were cattle on MORE than a thousand hills.....

Thus, the "cattle on a thousand hills" interpretation lends support for the Milliennium being even MORE than 1000 years!

• Steward

1 hour ago, Golds and Blues said:

18 Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.

This passage is actually saying the opposite of what you are trying to say.

New International Version
nor will the Levitical priests ever fail to have a man to stand before me continually to offer burnt offerings, to burn grain offerings and to present sacrifices.’”

The Levitical Priesthood is carried through the Melchizedek priesthood.  Melci -- from the word -- Melech or King.  Zedek from Zadok -- hence the promise that the priesthood of Zadok would be eternal for his standing by King David.

Notice the difference ... 

Eze 44:10  But the Levites who have gone far away from Me, when Israel went astray; those who went astray from Me after their idols; they shall even bear their iniquity. 

Eze 44:11  Yet they shall be ministers in My sanctuary, overseers at the gates of the house and ministering to the house. They shall kill the burnt offering and the sacrifice for the people, and they shall stand before them to minister to them. 

Eze 44:12  Because they ministered to them before their idols, and caused the house of Israel to fall into iniquity, therefore I have lifted up My hand against them, says the Lord Jehovah, and they shall bear their iniquity. 

Eze 44:13  And they shall not come near Me, to do the office of a priest to Me, nor to come near any of My holy things, in the most holy place; but they shall bear their shame and their abominations which they have committed.

The Levities NEVER ENTER the PRESENCE, but that is only given to the Zadok Priesthood...

Eze 44:14  But I will make them keepers of the charge of the house for all its service, and for all that shall be done in it. 

Eze 44:15  But the priests, the Levites, the sons of Zadok, who kept the charge of My sanctuary when the sons of Israel went astray from Me, they shall come near Me to minister to Me, and they shall stand before Me to offer to Me the fat and the blood, says the Lord Jehovah. 

Eze 44:16  They shall enter My sanctuary, and they shall come near My table, to minister to Me, and they shall keep My charge.

Did you see the difference between the Levitical priests ... and the Zadok priesthood (which is a branch of the Levitical priesthood) ... and now fulfilled through the Priesthood of Melchizedek?

• Steward

35 minutes ago, Alive said:

But there is ample evidence to show that the two ideas are not conflicting.  :)