• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

6 hours ago, Still Alive said:

It's possible. I've been out of touch with him for three decades.

I have chased down hundreds of those so called contradictions and they turn out not to be a contradiction at all. In this case Mark adds information that the others did not include.  Jesus makes it clear that we have to become as a child. We have to understand the literal Bible. Advanced students understand the archetypes, symbols, and paradigms. Jesus used parables to teach His lessons in a way that even a child could understand. Just like Walt Disney. You can go to Japan or Hong Kong and find a Disney park because their language is universal. Cain explains this in his book: "Paradigm". This is an actual pattern. Like when I was building Kitchen Cabinets I made a pattern to make it easier to build the cabinets. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,029
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

I have chased down hundreds of those so called contradictions and they turn out not to be a contradiction at all. In this case Mark adds information that the others did not include.  Jesus makes it clear that we have to become as a child. We have to understand the literal Bible. Advanced students understand the archetypes, symbols, and paradigms. Jesus used parables to teach His lessons in a way that even a child could understand. Just like Walt Disney. You can go to Japan or Hong Kong and find a Disney park because their language is universal. Cain explains this in his book: "Paradigm". This is an actual pattern. Like when I was building Kitchen Cabinets I made a pattern to make it easier to build the cabinets. 

Though I completely agree, I'll just add a caveat: He taught his lessons in a way that even a child - that lived in that culture and time - could understand. Modern adults often even have a hard time with it now. A simple example: He mentioned Gehenna at the time. Everyone then knew what he was talking about. It was a real place where sacrificed babies were burned in the past and was a garbage dump, burning, rotting, etc. It was also "outside" Jerusalem. So he said the lost were basically being thrown away, except they would not continue to smolder and rot. They would be burned up and utterly consumed by fire and "worms". 

But many today turn that into "Eternal, Conscious Torment" ECT. It's how I interpreted it until I bothered to actually study the context of the places often translated "hell" in my bible. 

It was so simple, a child in that place and time could understand it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/21/2022 at 10:07 AM, TJGospels said:

Now, they are blatantly fishing for character flaws to try to undermine my criticisms since they are too lazy to change. 

Can you give some specifics of your criticisms? 

FWIW, you seem to dwell on the push-back you are getting from offering your criticism. Do you do anything to build up your local body? If all your interaction with your church leadership and staff is criticism, then yeah, I'd get tired of that real fast, too.

3 hours ago, Still Alive said:

But many today turn that into "Eternal, Conscious Torment" ECT.

This was the work of Dante in the book Inferno. If we read the Bible we see the word destruction at least 50 times. We see the word hell maybe 5 times. I have challenged hell fire and brimstone preachers on this and they simply can not produce the scriptures to back up what they are teaching. People do suffer for their sin. I know I do not seem to get away with anything. But we are richly rewarded for the good we do also.  

I took four in teacher training classes and we studied a lot the way Jesus would teach. We are told in Bible college that FIRST we look at who the Bible was written for. Then we look at what the lesson is for us today. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

22 hours ago, Still Alive said:

It's possible. I've been out of touch with him for three decades.

Singular Plural & 1st, 2nd & 3rd Person are all pretty advanced teaching. God confused the languages at the Tower of Babel.  When I can I like to look at a word in the Hebrew because the meaning is a lot more plain and clear. 

Edited by JohnR7

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

1 hour ago, teddyv said:

Can you give some specifics of your criticisms

FWIW, you seem to dwell on the push-back you are getting from offering your criticism. Do you do anything to build up your local body? If all your interaction with your church leadership and staff is criticism, then yeah, I'd get tired of that real fast, too.

I've already discussed this many times in previous posts.

Also, there is no such thing as church "leadership and staff." All christians are equals; there is no hierarchy which is not of pagan origins. "Leadership and staff" are not biblically based, they are based upon greco-roman pagan traditions.

Edited by TJGospels

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, TJGospels said:

Also, there is no such thing as church "leadership and staff." All christians are equals; there is no hierarchy which is not of pagan origins. "Leadership and staff" are not biblically based, they are based upon greco-roman pagan traditions.

This answers my questions.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

On 4/20/2022 at 8:17 PM, TJGospels said:

I am starting to wonder why I am attending church at all at this point. 

If I may ask ... what do you see as the point of attending church?

Is it about connections to people? Is it about worshipping the Lord? What is it that you want from attending a church?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, TJGospels said:

The new testament does show leadership within the church. It is biblically based. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,238
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

I am only hearing lol reading one side of this. If it was me.. I would be looking at ..is it "them" or is it me? Am I going in expecting or walking in 1st Cor 13. What does love see and do? Pray about it.. 

• Thumbs Up 1