• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 4/25/2022 at 1:02 PM, other one said:

antichrist is not capitalized, it is speaking of antichrist as a group.   Look at the rest of the paragraph and it immediately speaks of "they".

the one meaning anyone who denies the Father and Son is antichrist.

Look through the book of Revelation speaking of end times and who/what is this antichrist person who works with the false prophet and is thrown into hell in the end.

Anti-Christ isn't thrown into hell.   There is no such thing as hell described anywhere in the Bible.

The books of Daniel and Revelation are meant to be studied together so as to arrive at a considered accurate appraisal of the textual imagery of both.   In the book of Daniel a human-animal hybrid is meant to convey a system, a nation or a religion.  In Revelation the religious system is described as a beast with multiple horns.  A horn on a hybrid human-animal beast signifies leadership or a succession of leaders.  Interpretation of Revelation's religious system (Sea beast) can only refer to the Roman Catholic church and its Apostolic succession of Popes.  Thus references to anti-Christ can refer to BOTH a religion (RCC) and a man as its horn/head (Pope).

Pauline epistles also refer to anti-Christ as a worldly system or spirit.

The anti-Christ system is described in Revelation as being thrown into the Lake of Fire.  (Rev 20:14) Since it's impossible to torture a system or religion, the only logical interpretation of the verses is death - as in the extinction of an oppressive religion or political system, both of which accurately describe the Roman Catholic church and its sordid history.

Hope this helps.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, choir loft said:

Anti-Christ isn't thrown into hell.   There is no such thing as hell described anywhere in the Bible.

the beast and false prophet are thrown into a lake of fire and the rest are killed by the sword.  They will be tormented forever as I remember. 

There are several things that are translated hell in the Bible but most people referr the meaning of the word to be the lake of fire where people are thrown into such as those who take the Mark.

I guess I would have to disagree about not being a hell, but I would agree that unless one of the Beasts is the Antichrist, Revelations does not mention the word at all.

I'm not sure there is a "The" Antichrist as a single person.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 4/28/2022 at 12:00 PM, other one said:

the beast and false prophet are thrown into a lake of fire and the rest are killed by the sword.  They will be tormented forever as I remember. 

There are several things that are translated hell in the Bible but most people referr the meaning of the word to be the lake of fire where people are thrown into such as those who take the Mark.

I guess I would have to disagree about not being a hell, but I would agree that unless one of the Beasts is the Antichrist, Revelations does not mention the word at all.

I'm not sure there is a "The" Antichrist as a single person.

A study of scripture, rather than popular religious novelizations on the subject, reveal the term anti-christ is used in several ways.

In some passages, the word spirit is added - as in 'spirit of anti-christ'.   In other passages there seems to be a general reference to a sequence of leaders - as in the horns described on the heads of human-animal hybrids.   Still other passages refer to anti-christ as though it was a human person.

Your sincere doubts as to the identity of 'the' anti-christ person are not without justification.  

Religious novelizations and pseudo-interpretations on the lunatic fringe tend to lead people away from Biblical context.  Even secular Hollywood has been hypnotized by these comic book references.  How can one learn what the Bible really means?

There are two basic types of interpretative disciplines; literal and contextual.

Fundamentalists and religious opportunists generally employ literal interpretation.  In other words, their opinions are based upon single passages or a collection of single passages.  

Scholars tend to use contextual interpretation to determine the 'Big Picture' of Biblical intent.   The problem with this approach is that it requires a solid knowledge of the Tanakh (OT) and an understanding of Mosaic LAW.  Most Christian churches, at least in America, deny the efficacy of the LAW entirely.  Thus they denude their opinions of the value of Tanakh scripture.  Without it grave errors appear in literal interpretation and the doctrines that follow.

Once a religious person has been convinced of a particular dogma it's nearly impossible to persuade them of their error.  Bible study thus degenerates into a refresher course in doctrine they already approve.

Who then is anti-christ?   What does the magic number point to?   

The end game of all the confusion generated by the proliferation of doctrines will only be revealed in God's good time.  

I suspect a lot of folks who thought they had a handle on events will be gravely shocked at what transpires - the Jew first and then the gentiles.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft