• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  337
  • Topics Per Day:  0.42
  • Content Count:  2,091
  • Content Per Day:  2.58
  • Days Won:  5

On 4/29/2022 at 2:21 AM, love child said:

Should I meddle in something that I prayed about and gave it over to God?  I don't want this to be a huge mistake, but it's been years and the problem is still there!  Has anyone else here, gave a problem over to God, only to pick it back up and made the problem worse because you didn't leave it in God's hands???  Anybody???

I also want to say that I believe that there are different situations, and sometimes we can perhaps get so afraid of going wrong that we don't dare to go at all? 

A seldom time I've used the Gideon method. 😊 

I guess you have taken a train 🚉 before? In the newer ones, they have doors between the wagons which only opens up when you take a step towards it, if you know what I mean, so I believe that we can try to take a "step in faith", and see if "the door opens". 

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

A lot depends on what the problem is ... I am presuming that if it has been going on for a few years it is not harmful or dangerous to others that cannot defend themselves  ( if that is not the case then do something NOW ) 

If it is not harming anyone else then how do you know nothing is changing ? As my grand mother used to say " Gods time is not our time and you have to learn to hurry up and wait "

Praying that you have peace about whatever you choose to do ( even if it is nothing as you have handed it over to God )  :th_praying:

Blessings, my Dear!  I hear you loud and clear, but this situation is affecting a lot of people.  For me to step up and make a difference, I would be risking a lot.  Still, I feel that I can't just sit around and do nothing, while soooo many others are hurting from the situation?  

• Praying! 1

6 hours ago, Mick70 said:

Prayers have more power if we do our bit to help them along, for example a Christian acquaintance of mine believes in putting himself in God's hands 100 per cent of the time and his life is a mess because he won't lift a finger to help himself.

I've gently pointed out to him this verse that indicates God wants us to take control of our lives rather than leave it all up to him..:)

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline" (2 Tim 1:7)

Well said, as I too, feel that I can make a difference and should be doing all that I can on my end!

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, MonicaWife said:

Shalom, my dear. 😊 

I've experienced hardships because of my lack of patience, so instead of waiting for His timing, I tried to figure it out by myself. I regret it deeply, as I got badly hurt and I hurt others, but the Lord forgave me and taught me to wait on Him. 

Nevertheless, it may be times where we, as you, really want to do His will, but we are not certain if the time is there. 

In those situations, I ask Abba Father to close the door which is not from Him, and open the door which is, and I trust that He will do it. 😊 

Praise God!  Wise counsel! 😊

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I was once sitting on a bench in the city centre chatting to my "fatalistic" friend who believes in putting his life 100% into God's hands, and as it grew dark he invited me back to his place 3 miles away for tea and biscuits, so we hopped on our bikes, I switched on my bike lights and we began pedalling.

But I was horrified to see he hadn't got any lights on his bike and asked him why, and he gave me his usual line that it was "God's will" if he should get hit by a car.

Luckily we made it safely to his place..:)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/30/2022 at 11:52 AM, love child said:

Well said, as I too, feel that I can make a difference and should be doing all that I can on my end!

Yes, but we might still be disappointed if our prayers don't seem to be answered, possibly because it's not in God's plan for us.

Example- as a shy young teenager I was madly in love with a girl down our street and mumbled "Oh God I wish she was my girlfriend", so I eventually summoned up the courage to ask her out on a date, but she said "Clear off and kill yerself you ugly git".

My friend consoled me with "Don't worry, she probably secretly fancies you, so just be patient and wait a bit, and she'll probably be asking you for a date".

55-odd years later I'm still waiting..:) 

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,771
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  222
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

so I do hope you got downonyour knees ( when you could ) and thanked God for not allowing your prayer to condemn you to a life time of misery :consoling2:

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyway I never ever wanted to be a family man or have kids because I'd have felt sort of 'confined'.

Of course, some of the disciples were family men, but Paul said marriage or being single is fine, whatever floats your boat..:)

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 4/28/2022 at 7:21 PM, love child said:

Should I meddle in something that I prayed about and gave it over to God?  I don't want this to be a huge mistake, but it's been years and the problem is still there!  Has anyone else here, gave a problem over to God, only to pick it back up and made the problem worse because you didn't leave it in God's hands???  Anybody???

No... never... ← tongue in cheek

Yes. Too often. Sometimes to the point I sense the Spirit of God asking if I want him to back off so I can deal with the impossible task at hand.

No, I guess not. But he / she really hurt me / deserves...

Then you do it, JohnD...

No, no, I'd better not, Lord.

Know this. You can't improve on God. No one can.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

22 minutes ago, JohnD said:

No... never... ← tongue in cheek

Yes. Too often. Sometimes to the point I sense the Spirit of God asking if I want him to back off so I can deal with the impossible task at hand.

No, I guess not. But he / she really hurt me / deserves...

Then you do it, JohnD...

No, no, I'd better not, Lord.

Know this. You can't improve on God. No one can.

Praise God, Brother!  But isn't stuff like this is what faith is all about?  We will never, and I mean never, see what God can and will do in our lives, if we never take a step of faith!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1