IGNORED

Am I required to tithe at church if I am volunteering or on government benefits and assistance ? Either ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Bow Down

Not going to ( you asked- "please dont"❤)

However, its saddens me that an ignorant. preacher, a well off lousy leader & a church teaching false doctrine can put such a sour taste for church in the mouth of a member of Christs Body!!

Its heart breaking to me thst you should miss out when there are so many wondeful churches out there.... Id love it if you looked online to see if there is a Calvary Chapel in your area..... Nondenominational, no membership nonsense & no talk about money- just drop boxes with envelopes inconspicuously located near the entrances..... First tine I attended I had to ask someone what to do with my offering!

They have online services as well.... God Bless you

With love in Christ- Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,159
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 5/9/2022 at 12:46 PM, believeinHim said:

Am I required to tithe at church... ?

Tithing means you give 10% to God, and keep the rest: it's yours to do with as you please.

Stewardship means you wisely take care of the resources that God has provided you, because both you and them are all God's anyway.

Stewardship is the way of the follower of Christ.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

MY 2 cents is counted as a Greater Tithe then you $5,000 Tithe I gave all all I had, you gave from your abundance.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.14

Tithing is entirely voluntary.  If it is required, then it is "under the law".  People should give according to their faith. Personally I donate to charities as I no longer attend any church (COVID-19 and age) and there are people (Christians or not) who have serious needs.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,240
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 5/9/2022 at 12:46 PM, believeinHim said:

Am I required to tithe at church if I am volunteering or on government benefits and assistance ? Either ? When I was volunteering in my teens at church my mom told me I was not required to tithe, but to just volunteer and have that be my tithe. Now I am receiving government benefits and government assistance, and again, am wondering if I am required to tithe. I would think, My opinion would be that I am required to tithe and volunteer, But I am uncertain with the government benefits. I am already receiving help, and tax money. Where does that go to ? {Other than every day and month bills}............... ?.............. I am guessing I know the answer that most will give, But can we be objective and give an objective answer and answer where I am coming from and what my actual question is ? Instead of just a definitive always yes etc ? 

In truth no one can answer this. This is something between you and Him your Father the great I am. For me to give simply because I am told to.. I will not get any blessings. I give..when I give is from my heart. I never give to get yet I will always receive because He promised. We just have it backwards here. God ALWAYS gives.. the reward is to give not to receive. On earth as it IS in heaven. He just gives and gives and gives.. you ask you have. 

There is no wrong if you don't. See He will never make you feel bad or guilty. Now ask HIM He will give you a peace about it. 

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1