• Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,793
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Just now, Shilohsfoal said:

https://biblehub.com/mark/12-31.htm

The second is this, love your neighbor as yourself. There is no greater commandment than these. 

Again you are equating two DIFFERENT things!  Be blessed as for us as believers there is no greater commandments than to Love the Lord our God with all our heart, mind, and soul ... and to love our neighbors as ourselves.  :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, George said:

The 2 witnesses are simply PROPHESYING and ONLY STRIKE those who TRY TO KILL THEM ... and they will not be permitted to do so until their witness is completed.

The passage is giving you clues of whom the witnesses are.

For example ...

They have the power to shut the sky, that no rain may fall during the days of their prophesying,

An indication that this may be Elijah as he never died ... and in His days caused a drought.

1Ki 17:1  Now Elijah the Tishbite, of Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, “As the LORD, the God of Israel, lives, before whom I stand, there shall be neither dew nor rain these years, except by my word.” 

... and and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague

This is why many people believe the 2nd witness to be Moses ... as this is what Moses did in the Exodus.

Those who hold to this view point to the time Yeshua was with Moses and Elijah at the transfiguration.

Others believe it's Enoch since he did not pass away and was taken up.  In the book of Jasher, he is also known as the Law-Giver.

Since the Bible is not specific, we shouldn't be dogmatic as to whom these 2 witnesses are, however one thing is absolutely shown in the Scriptures ... these 2 witnesses are from GOD and SENT by GOD, and will be RECEIVED by God!

Rev 11:3  And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” 

Rev 11:11  But after the three and a half days a breath of life from God entered them, and they stood up on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them. 

Rev 11:12  Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here!” And they went up to heaven in a cloud, and their enemies watched them. 

Be blessed!

George

I hope you understand that the King of the norths military, that is occupying Jerusalem for those 42 months has the power to shut the heavens so it doesn't rain. It would not be that hard in the middle east. 

It's called cloud seading. I remember several years ago iran claimed that israel was stealing thier clouds. That's what they were accusing the Israeli goverment of doing. 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

Just now, George said:

Again you are equating two DIFFERENT things!  Be blessed as for us as believers there is no greater commandments than to Love the Lord our God with all our heart, mind, and soul ... and to love our neighbors as ourselves.  :)

So you are saying, some Christians should not kill but other Christians should. I've never heard of a Christian who is supposed to torment and kill others. 

We will just have to disagree. 

I don't believe any Christian should torment and kill others. I believe Jesus commanded us not to. 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110

1 minute ago, Shilohsfoal said:

So you are saying, some Christians should not kill but other Christians should. I've never heard of a Christian who is supposed to torment and kill others. 

No Christian would be considered a "Christian" if they tormented or killed others.  Absolutely correct!

Obviously I'm not saying THAT AT ALL!  Don't twist words and try to suggest I've ever said anything of the sort!  

The passage which you are quoting about the TWO WITNESSES ... are those 2 prophets who were SENT BY GOD to show that the GOD ALMIGHTY is God over all the world.  ANYONE that tries to stop them ... they will NOT BE ABLE TO ... because they will have the authority from on HIGH to PROPHESY for 3 1/2 years without anyone being able to stop them no matter what they try!  If they try to kill them ... they have the authority to defend themselves!   It's that simple.

Read the passage ...

Rev 11:5  And if anyone will hurt them, fire proceeds out of their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone will hurt them, so it is right for him to be killed. 

They will be given AUTHORITY from GOD ... to PROCLAIM HIS MESSAGE ... and the enemy will not be PERMITTED to HINDER THEM in any way, UNTIL the days are completed!

Be blessed.  :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

10 minutes ago, George said:

Yes

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,057
  • Content Per Day:  3.30
  • Days Won:  0

https://biblehub.com/revelation/11-8.htm

It states that they lay in the street where "thier Lord" was crucified. 

If Christ is thier Lord, then why do they do the exact opposite of what Christ commands them? What kind of prophet does the exact opposite of what they are commanded to do? 

When God saw that Cain had killed Abel, He could have killed Cain. Yet, to stop a trail of violence, He sets a mark on Cain so that the man who would eventually kill him, would know that he too then faced retribution. That was God way to deal with violence at that time. But when Noah came out of the Ark, God made a Covenant which included the death penalty, by men, of men who killed men. This was a different dealing by the same God. Then came a time when one Nation, Israel, received a Law from God that intensified and multiplied the death penalty. That was God's household management of that time. Then came a time when God wanted to be reconciled to man and not be His Executioner. So for two thousand years after the Sacrifice of His Son, God DELAYED judgment to give man TIME to take up His offer.

But there is a point when that TIME is over, and God must judge what men have chosen. Men choose the Beast and not Christ. The time of Grace ends with the rapture. From then on it is a time of quick and commensurate justice for evil. This time starts when Jesus is crowned in Revelation Chapter 4. Once Jesus has a king's crown, it is His duty from God, to bring things on earth into line with God's justice. He alone is worthy to open the Seals. And when He does, all hell it let loose on a world that had refused and reviled God's offer for peace and reconciliation.

The Two Witnesses have witnessed God dealings in circumstances where both Pharaoh had ten chances to let God's people go, and Israel had multiple prophets' warnings about idolatry. The time of Grace is OVER when the Two Witnesses start their ministry. They are acting fully in accordance with God's plan to make Christ's enemies His footstool.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, George said:

No Christian would be considered a "Christian" if they tormented or killed others.  Absolutely correct!

Obviously I'm not saying THAT AT ALL!  Don't twist words and try to suggest I've ever said anything of the sort!  

The passage which you are quoting about the TWO WITNESSES ... are those 2 prophets who were SENT BY GOD to show that the GOD ALMIGHTY is God over all the world.  ANYONE that tries to stop them ... they will NOT BE ABLE TO ... because they will have the authority from on HIGH to PROPHESY for 3 1/2 years without anyone being able to stop them no matter what they try!  If they try to kill them ... they have the authority to defend themselves!   It's that simple.

Read the passage ...

Rev 11:5  And if anyone will hurt them, fire proceeds out of their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone will hurt them, so it is right for him to be killed. 

They will be given AUTHORITY from GOD ... to PROCLAIM HIS MESSAGE ... and the enemy will not be PERMITTED to HINDER THEM in any way, UNTIL the days are completed!

Be blessed.  :)

Fire is the command given to the gentiles who occupy Jerusalem for those 42 months. 

• Steward

Fire is the command given to the gentiles who occupy Jerusalem for those 42 months. 

Can you post the passage you're referring?  :)

13 minutes ago, George said:

Can you post the passage you're referring?  :)

https://biblehub.com/revelation/11-2.htm

The Gentiles occupy Jerusalem for 42 months. 

In the following verse, God is still talking about those gentiles. He didn't change the subject. 

https://biblehub.com/revelation/11-3.htm

The Gentiles that occupy Jerusalem for those 42 months are sent to Israel by the king of the north in Daniel 11:31

https://biblehub.com/daniel/11-31.htm

At the beginning of the occupation, the daily sacrifice is abolished. 

After the king of the south (the beast) attacks Jerusalem and kills the norths armed forces stationed there, the king of the north responds using the abomination that causes desolation. 1290 days after the daily sacrifice is abolished. 

Being from the north, I understand the fire coming out of the two witnesses mouths as commands for this military. It is the fire command to destroy thier enemies. Also being from the north, I understand 70 percent of our armed forces claim to be Christian. They are taught it is OK to kill. Just say three hail marrys and they are forgiven. 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Steward

The 3 1/2 years to which you are referring are used in many passages.  

I suggest reading ...

Dan 7:23  And he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom on earth, which shall be different from all kingdoms and shall devour the whole earth, and shall trample it and crush it. 

Dan 7:24  And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise. And another shall arise after them. And he shall be different from the first, and he shall humble three kings. 

Dan 7:25  And he shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and plot to change times and laws. And they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and one-half time.

... in the passage in Daniel 11 ...

Dan 11:31  Forces from him shall appear and profane the temple and fortress, and shall take away the regular burnt offering. And they shall set up the abomination that makes desolate.

Dan 11:32  He shall seduce with flattery those who violate the covenant, but the people who know their God shall stand firm and take action. 

Dan 11:33  And the wise among the people shall make many understand, though for some days they shall stumble by sword and flame, by captivity and plunder. 

Dan 11:34  When they stumble, they shall receive a little help. And many shall join themselves to them with flattery, 

Dan 11:35  and some of the wise shall stumble, so that they may be refined, purified, and made white, until the time of the end, for it still awaits the appointed time. 

Dan 11:36  “And the king shall do as he wills. He shall exalt himself and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak astonishing things against the God of gods. He shall prosper till the indignation is accomplished; for what is decreed shall be done. 

Dan 11:37  He shall pay no attention to the gods of his fathers, or to the one beloved by women. He shall not pay attention to any other god, for he shall magnify himself above all.

I'm posting this for context.  :)

• Thumbs Up 1