• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

It seems like i have always heard prosperity preachers using this in order to get people to give money, when they are saying that the wealth of the wicked is given into the hands of the righteous. But Proverbs 13:22 says it is "stored up" rather than directly given to without any long waiting period. In other words it sounds to me more like an inheritance or something along those lines, but was just wondering if anyone else had another take on this?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Not going to touch the "prosperity preachers"... the word in Pro 13:22 can also mean "to hide, treasure, treasure or store up".  Some translations other then org Hebrew "stored up, passes to the godly, wealth laid up, is kept, if you don't obey God those who live right will get what you leave, kept for the just, wealth of the sinners will go to the righteous, wealth of the wicked is reserved for the righteous.

For me its very clear. We forget on earth as it is in heaven. His will is not different there :) Its His word. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

On 5/11/2022 at 7:35 PM, CaptWalker said:

In other words it sounds to me more like an inheritance or something along those lines, but was just wondering if anyone else had another take on this?

The verse answers the question. Both the inheritance for the children's children and wealth of the sinner are both reserved on the earth to receive and use in the earth. And it would seem by association (as they are both mentioned in the same context in the same statement) that maturity would be a consideration for receipt of either. The entire chapter confirms this. 

Proverbs 13:[22] A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.

On 5/12/2022 at 12:45 PM, TheBlade said:

For me its very clear. We forget on earth as it is in heaven. His will is not different there :) Its His word. 

And it is according to faith. Shalom

New Testament:[All books: all verses]

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

There is nothing wrong with wealth, as long as we don’t love wealth more than the Creater.  Proverbs 23:5 says if you trust in money, you will fall.  The Bible also says it is easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle, because so many worship wealth, and obtain wealth through sinful means, but it’s the love of money that is the root of all evil, not wealth itself.  Proverbs 19:14 also speaks about an inheritance/transference of wealth the Creater approves of, and Proverbs 13:22 like everyone has mentioned too.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

On 5/12/2022 at 4:35 AM, CaptWalker said:

It seems like i have always heard prosperity preachers using this in order to get people to give money, when they are saying that the wealth of the wicked is given into the hands of the righteous. But Proverbs 13:22 says it is "stored up" rather than directly given to without any long waiting period. In other words it sounds to me more like an inheritance or something along those lines, but was just wondering if anyone else had another take on this?

In Ephesians 1:10 we have God's "dispensation". The Greek word "oikonamia" means "household management". It has the connotation of a mother "dispensing" good food to her hungry household. God has a plan and "dispenses it". Now, God is a just God and unchanging, but sometimes He modifies His Economy to achieve a purpose. When the stink of men's sins from Sodom reached God, He acted rather quickly and rained fire from heaven. But since Golgotha, men have been sinning and God has not retaliated. His "Economy" for this age is different as He wants to give men time to change their ways and be saved. But judgment will come anyway. It is just "deferred".

In God's Economy of Law with Israel, because it was aimed at the physical and Temporal things, the REWARDS of keeping the Law were almost instant. Health, wealth, long life and safety were rewards for keeping the Law. Being able to leave an inheritance for your children under Law proved that you were a Law-keeper and pleasing to God.

But when Christ came, God's Economy changed. God was now dispensing the Holy Spirit and the Christian is under training to be a co-king with Christ when He comes and sets up His Kingdom on earth. The Christian is being trained to MANAGE God's resources, not spend them on himself. If God allows a Christian to have excess wealth, the Christian must become a STEWARD of his Master's goods. God cannot afford to have corruption in His Kingdom one day. He must have men and women who love God above all. He must have men and women who will not take everything for themselves. His Name is attached to the coming Kingdom. He will tolerate no scandals. the Christian who wants to be a co-king with Christ must be frugal and disciplined. The resources are for the good of God's Kingdom.

So God's New Testament Economy is different in the Old Testament. Any Christian who would like to get wealthy hasn't sinned yet. But he must know that God will make demands on the money entrusted to him/her. And if the Christian loves money, he7she will not be obedient to God. All of us will be tested. If you have a million dollars on the side, a widow who fulfills the requirements will pass before you. God will command, "buy her a small house" and "give her an allowance to live". And then we will see whether you can just part with $200,000, or if you love money more than God's testimony.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

While I believe in seeking the LORD as our source of not only wealth / prosperity but health and safety and happiness and peace...

I believe we ought to be very careful when it comes to prosperity preachers. All preachers for that matter. Tithing hammers especially.

Yes there are expenses to having and operating Church buildings / congregations. No doubt.

And most believers are not as stingy as the organizational industrial religious complexes (that masquerade as the Church Body) would have us believe.

I remember a pastor in Austin Texas decades ago who preached on tithing and how it was God's money not ours and how we should pay God first before the light bill.

And in the same sermon he mentioned how that Church was having difficulty paying its light bill... and the pastor was "going back on the radio."

Airtime is expensive.

This egomaniac was so self deluded he did not even notice how he came across to the people who were listening. ← other than the sheep / stooges.

Pay me for my expensive habit, even if you have to eat beans all month, and even the Church will do without as I stroke my own ego on the airwaves.

Wow.

Know ye not that YE are the temple of God (1 Corinthians 3:16)?

And that YE are the priests of God (Revelation 1:6 / Revelation 5:10 / 1 Peter 2:3-9)?

Tithe hammers won't even read these verses to the congregation as it might take away their lording tithing and their leadership over the people.