Ani Tefillah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  11

Hiya …. I was born in Corpus Christi, Texas.  I loved the bay and the beaches and the sun and the seagulls.  Ah, but I left Corpus when I was 24 years old and met a southern boy from Louisiana in a radiologic technology seminar in Houston.  That’s all she wrote, folks.  And here I am still, enjoying the forever southern hospitality, magnolia trees and sweet tea. :)

selah …

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  10,291
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

🐁 are a perfect example. Deer mice live in hordes throughout the desert and high desert areas of the American Southwest. Yes, I do mean hordes of them.

I didn't have enough traps to deal with those times of year when deer mice invade in force. It was surreal! I would place a trap and while I was setting another one, SNAP! The trap I just set down caught a deer mouse. One night, I trapped 23 deer mice over two hours... I didn't have enough traps!

You have to keep them under control. They spread disease. Rats were a problem, too. Every year, we heard reports of someone being infected with the bubonic plague in our area.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.41
  • Content Count:  2,099
  • Content Per Day:  2.54
  • Days Won:  5

33 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

You're right about 🌵 flowers, @MonicaWife. The blooms are beautiful! Even those nasty cholla trees sport delicate, colorful flowers. 

Cacti retain a great deal of water and this probably explains why they aren't big on flavor. But they're very juicy. Cacti are very tough and thrive even in drought. A gift from the Lord in the hard places. There's more life in the desert than folks who have never spent time there suspect. ;)

I have had a few different indoor plants during the years, but seldom a cactus 🌵, as I can't make them to survive somehow. I don't know if the reason is too little water 💦 or too much, though. 😅 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

🐁 are a perfect example. Deer mice live in hordes throughout the desert and high desert areas of the American Southwest. Yes, I do mean hordes of them.

I didn't have enough traps to deal with those times of year when deer mice invade in force. It was surreal! I would place a trap and while I was setting another one, SNAP! The trap I just set down caught a deer mouse. One night, I trapped 23 deer mice over two hours... I didn't have enough traps!

You have to keep them under control. They spread disease. Rats were a problem, too. Every year, we heard reports of someone being infected with the bubonic plague in our area.

When I worked in an Indian health hospital I saw many cases of bubonic plague. I was also near ground zero of hantavirus when it was first identified in the us.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Selah7 said:

Hiya …. I was born in Corpus Christi, Texas.  I loved the bay and the beaches and the sun and the seagulls.  Ah, but I left Corpus when I was 24 years old and met a southern boy from Louisiana in a radiologic technology seminar in Houston.  That’s all she wrote, folks.  And here I am still, enjoying the forever southern hospitality, magnolia trees and sweet tea. :)

selah …

(Our children were also born there, Selah)

Body of Christ, Corpus Christi. The Sparkling city by the Sea.

My wife and I eloped and were married there in 71. Stayed at the Sun N Surf on Ocean drive, the honeymoon suite at $25 bucks a day with private pier. The owner, an elderly lady took our wedding pictures for us. Our kids were born there and they were really upset when we moved inland to the land I inherited.  We literally spent most family time combing the beach and fishing up and down Padre Island, finding the coolest stuff washing up on the beaches from all over the world. We go back often every year, or Rock port down the road, with our large family now. Driving back there for a holiday, getting close and smiling when smelling the sea salt breeze, stinking shrimp and seaweed, and say ah, we're back  home.

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  10,291
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

When I worked in an Indian health hospital I saw many cases of bubonic plague. I was also near ground zero of hantavirus when it was first identified in the us.

Fortunately, the bubonic plague can be treated successfully these days. Prognosis is good.

The hantavirus was an issue on the Navajo reservation in NM, which also stretches into AZ (I think most Navajo are concentrated in Arizona). No hantavirus where we were. Just the plague. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

Born in Laredo, Tx. 

Moved to Tokyo, Japan

Moved to Honolulu, Hawaii.

Moved to Clovis, NM

Moved to Langley, Va

Moved to Edwards AFB, CA

Moved to Tokyo, Japan    graduated High School. Caught a cargo flight and flew to Seattle then Birmingham, AL

Went to Auburn University. 

Moved to Syracuse, NY

Moved to Cheyenne, WY

Moved to Clearwater, FL

Moved to Birmingham, AL

I've been to every state except Rhode Island. 

I was a Regional Sales Manager whose territory included Canada. I've been to every Province in Canada. 

Edited by Bluedragon
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On 5/14/2022 at 11:25 AM, MonicaWife said:

Shalom! 

I guess a similar thread has been started before in here, even if I haven't seen one, but I start one anyway. 

Please don't answer my question if you are not comfortable with it.... 

My question is, where are you from, what country (or state if you want)? I'm just curious, as I think there's many nationalities in here. ☺️ 

I'm from Norway 🇳🇴, by the way. 

FlowersGif_1510262506474.gif

I was born in Longview Washington, but I have lived in Kansas City Missouri most of my life.

Gary

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

If you move to Michigan the prettiest is the north west side of the lower peninsula in my opinion. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

22 hours ago, Golds and Blues said:

Totally a propane salesman. I've a good friend from the little town of Laredo. Ole Gallardo. 

I was a military brat. Interesting, my Sister in Law and I were talking one evening, when commented that she envied me. Because of the places I had lived and the things I had seen. I countered, "I envy you. You went to first grade with a group of kids, went through school with the same group and graduated with some if not all of them. Want to know what the last thing I always saw of my friends? The shrinking out the back of my father's station wagon. 

• Thumbs Up 2