• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Heleadethme said:

You seem to be misunderstanding.  There is a fair amount of confusion on this thread and Starise was courteously trying to understand where you're coming from, that's all. 

This is my point, the discussion is about the issues in question, and nothing can be excused beyond that. 

Profiling and stereotyping and shorting out the contributor before we look in the contribution can result in prejudice or allowing personal preferences interfere with judgment. 

Contribution can be done in the spirit of advocacy, giving a voice to someone who is not present and or who is ignorance about the matter at hand...or to informed others, as to bring something to the attention of others or clarifying something that needs to be clarify.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Sower said:

We all love catholics. We disagree with what they are taught.

Amen. 

And it is troubling to have others assuming and accusing the posters in this thread of harbouring prejudices against individual Catholics and assuming we would approach  individual Catholics with a nasty attitude.  It's interesting, because the truth is probably  more likely to be the other way around, in my experience anyway, sadly. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

12 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Do some protestants hold the belief that the sins of a believer in Jesus Christ can be counted against him after he dies.

That would make salvation dependent on us. It is His work. He saved us. We do not go back and forth saved oops lost in sin saved again oh rats lost in sin again. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

If that person relies on catholic culture and not belief in Christ for salvation then yes that person dies lost in their sins. The same as anyone else who does not believe in Christ. 

Please note: I did NOT say all catholics do not believe in Christ. Nor did I say all catholics are unsaved.

Very polite response, I do not want to say anything against that, because it is possible to have someone who fits the description in your post.

A person who relies on Catholic culture for having his sins forgiven after death. And does not believe in Jesus Christ. 

It includes that he had some of his sins forgiven before his death and not all and he needs to have the rest of his sins forgiven after his death.

This person can be a devoted Catholic which requires to be baptized in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit whether as an infant or adult if he joint the CC as an adult.  

The catholics believe in Jesus Christ that he died for the sins of the world but the church is in the place to administer the forgivenes of their sins that Jesus Christ has put them in charge to forgive the sins of those who believe in Jesus Christ on his behalf.

This is what Luther protested that we are having forgiveness of sins by faith alone in Jesus Christ.  

Which is the truth...

The question is about the Catholic who believes in Jesus Christ and he has been told that he needs to follow in the customs of the CC.

Is his sins forgiven by Jesus Christ because he has believe in him, or Jesus Christ won't forgive his sins or hold his sins against him because he erroneously believes that when he dies he can be found with unforgiven sins.

To Jesus Christ is he in unforgiven sins after his death, or can those unforgiven sins be held against him, or counted against him...from Jesus Christ. 

Also what is the position of the protestants in this matter. 

Do they believe that someone with faith in Jesus Christ if he dies with unforgiven sins that Jesus Christ will hold their sins against them...

Or what the protestants believe what Jesus Christ will do in facing a believer in that situation? 

Do they also believe that one of their own must have all of his sins forgiven at the time of their death, if not they will be found in their unforgiven sins,

Edited by Your closest friendnt

53 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Profiling and stereotyping and shorting out the contributor before we look in the contribution can result in prejudice or allowing personal preferences interfere with judgment. 

That's what you are assuming. 

It's also true that knowing someone's background is often helpful in understanding what they are saying.  But if you don't want to answer any questions being put to you, that is your perogative of course, and nobody is trying to force you.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

That's what you are assuming. 

It's also true that knowing someone's background is often helpful in understanding what they are saying.  But if you don't want to answer any questions being put to you, that is your perogative of course, and nobody is trying to force you.

You have misunderstood the point I made...this is how people are led in the path of their own assumptions, by profiling and stereotyping the contributor...instant of paying attention to what he is trying to convey, they want to profile him and fit him in some group then they erroneously believe that he represents the group they have stereotyping him with...

They do not discuss the issues independent from stereotyping. They need to profile someone and they end up talking with the person they have manufacture in their minds.

The questions they asked are meant to help them in their stereotyping..

You can asked me any questions about the subject at hand.

One of them is : are protestants who believe that for someone to be saved from his sins, he needs to die without any sin, or he needs to have all his sins forgiven before he dies.

And what Jesus Christ will do if this not the case. 

What he is going to do with the who dies with unforgiven sins. Or with not all his sins having been forgiven before he dies. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:
3 hours ago, Sower said:

We all love catholics. We disagree with what they are taught.

Amen. 

And it is troubling to have others assuming and accusing the posters in this thread of harbouring prejudices against individual Catholics and assuming we would approach  individual Catholics with a nasty attitude.  It's interesting, because the truth is probably  more likely to be the other way around, in my experience anyway, sadly.

I fully understand, and that is why I always preface the start of a discussion on the RCC that, 1st, I love all catholics, my mom and siblings, and most of my relatives and many friends are catholic, and they are still unable to shake off the tentacles of their holy mother church. Why would I not have a vengeance against catholic false doctrine.
It is the hierarchic dogma, that changes every hundred years or so  to suit the reigning popo that I war against, and not the flock. I have troubling concern towards anyone defending RCC anti biblical truth. But I love them, because I was there, once upon a time.

I really enjoyed your cool post, Heleadethme...:)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

31 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

You have misunderstood the point I made...this is how people are led in the path of their own assumptions, by profiling and stereotyping the contributor...instant of paying attention to what he is trying to convey, they want to profile him and fit him in some group then they erroneously believe that he represents the group they have stereotyping him with...

They do not discuss the issues independent from stereotyping. They need to profile someone and they end up talking with the person they have manufacture in their minds.

The questions they asked are meant to help them in their stereotyping..

You can asked me any questions about the subject at hand.

One of them is : are protestants who believe that for someone to be saved from his sins, he needs to die without any sin, or he needs to have all his sins forgiven before he dies.

And what Jesus Christ will do if this not the case. 

What he is going to do with the who dies with unforgiven sins. Or with not all his sins having been forgiven before he dies. 

Well, all I know is I've been watching people being pre-judged with assumptions apparently just for the fact of participating in this thread.  There are things being strangely turned upside down here.

And nobody is saying that everything Catholics believe is wrong.  I think of Catholicism as a  mixture of truth and lies sitting on a man-made foundation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

10 minutes ago, Sower said:

I fully understand, and that is why I always preface the start of a discussion on the RCC that, 1st, I love all catholics, my mom and siblings, and most of my relatives and many friends are catholic, and they are still unable to shake off the tentacles of their holy mother church. Why would I not have a vengeance against catholic false doctrine.
It is the hierarchic dogma, that changes every hundred years or so  to suit the reigning popo that I war against, and not the flock. I have troubling concern towards anyone defending RCC anti biblical truth. But I love them, because I was there, once upon a time.

Amen.  Me too.  I was raised in Catholicism but never heard the gospel preached there....salvation by faith, the need to be born again, Jesus dying to atone for our sins, etc.  Sadly just a deadness in the Catholic churches I've been in.  Most are not born again, their belief is just a mental belief, it isn't the faith of Christ that is not of our own.....they are lost souls, and many are antagonistic against the true gospel that is apart from their religion.  Yes, much of the doctrine and practices....as well as the institution itself is false, not to mention corrupt.  Well, it has always been about "whosoever will" and I'm sad for those Catholics I know and only desire that they would know Christ for real.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

23 minutes ago, Sower said:

It is the hierarchic dogma, that changes every hundred years or so  to suit the reigning popo that I war against, and not the flock.

I have troubling concern towards anyone defending RCC anti biblical truth.

But I love them, because I was there, once upon a time.

This is just a bold statement, is it a statement because of your experience when you are discussing the error of the RCC, with catholics as the catholics in your surroundings or with the members of this forum.

If it one or the other you should disclose the particular so we can evaluate your claim, in case you have misconstrue someone's else statements. 

Do you see your Catholic  family as lost in ....or lost on the Catholic teachings.

Have you asked them why they baptized their children in the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 

Before I make another question.

Do they believe that Jesus is the Christ of God, that he is the Christ of God...the Messiah.