• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

16 minutes ago, Starise said:

SOMEONE needs to plant and SOMEONE Needs to water. We aren't "hands off".

Romans 10:14 ESV-

How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?

Lol at no time have I ever said hands off. We have a duty to spread the gospel, and I admit I should do more of it, but at the same time it is not ALL up to us. We ourselves should never deny His role in this. Too many Christians get upset because someone they are witnessing to isnt believing and think its a failure on their part to convince someone of the gospel. They forget the Lord is part of it and we are merely the bearers of the good news.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,464
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  99

8 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Lol at no time have I ever said hands off. We have a duty to spread the gospel, and I admit I should do more of it, but at the same time it is not ALL up to us. We ourselves should never deny His role in this. Too many Christians get upset because someone they are witnessing to isnt believing and think its a failure on their part to convince someone of the gospel. They forget the Lord is part of it and we are merely the bearers of the good news.

Well said, sister. From the perspective of a brother who was raised up outside of the churches...

I was endlessly amused by groups of Christians who would go door to door "witnessing." There was a checklist! 

Breath mint? Check!
Bible appropriately carried and displayed in plain sight? Check!
Men, are you wearing a shirt and tie? Check!
Women, are you appropriately meek, dressed properly, and careful not to seize the stage from the men? Check!
If you're canvassing an apartment complex or rental property, do you ignore signs which warn against solicitation? Of course!
Deacon leading the charge, do you bother securing the permission of the property owner to knock on those doors? Nope. 

The latter two was something I counseled a witnessing group about. When I caught sight of them roving about in my apartment complex, I approached the deacon and asked, "Brother, are you aware that this is private property?"

"Sure!," the deacon responded. 

"And do you also know that uninvited solicitation of any kind is expressly forbidden by the owner of said property?"

"I do," the deacon answered. He was looking a little nervous. 

"So, y'all are here with permission of the property owner, am I correct?"

"Yeah." The deacon was definitely uncomfortable. 

"So if I were to give the apartment manager a ring, they'll tell me the same thing?" 

"God is a higher authority than property laws!" he retorted. 

I figured as much. I reminded my brother of the scripture, 

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. (Romans 13:1-2 NASB)

There's nothing wrong with going to door to door, but let us secure an invitation first remembering that we're guests in the houses of others. :) 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,159
  • Content Per Day:  9.58
  • Days Won:  149

28 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Simply showing another side to the same coin.

9 minutes ago, Starise said:

Simply showing another side to the same coin.

I think @ayin jade is right on the money, brother. Zeal untempered by wisdom is utterly worthless. I'm not one who looks at an unwise brother or sister and thinks, "They're not a Christian because of what they're doing." Hardly. There was a time when I loved the Lord but possessed all the wisdom and restraint of a Bazooka bubblegum wrapper. :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

I even had more than one elder come to me in love and counsel restraint. My brother Paul was the one who told me that my conduct was the figurative equivalent of grabbing someone by their neck and bashing them on the head until they fall unconscious on the ground. 

The Lord says this, by golly! :fryingpan:

"If I say okay, will you leave me alone?" :42:

Self-control is a fruit of His Spirit. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,935
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Thank you for posting, you have a balance wisdom if I may say that.  

Jesus can see if a catholic has believe in him, or has the faith in his heart...to Justification. 

But man is not God, but at the least they should seek the gift of the Holy Spirit, the gift of discernment and the word of the Holy Spirit, who knows the truth about each and every Catholic whether they believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God who died for the forgiveness of their sins.  

That's why I leave my catholic friends alone, because they believe that Jesus Christ died for the forgiveness of their sins...

And that Jesus is from God, they believe in the immaculate conception, don't they? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,283
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Anne2 said:
11 hours ago, Sower said:

Listening to this discussion I hear much talk about respecting other peoples denominations/beliefs and not be offensive.

I have many loyal Roman Catholic friends/relatives, who do not read scripture, and believe as long as someone goes to church they will be OK.

Anyone here with enough chutzpah to tell me what you would do in this situation?
Would you try to share with them what the word says about salvation in case they do not know, and chance offending them and their beliefs? Should I tell them what God says about some of their church traditions that the bible forbids?  Or should I in love just be agreeable and simply wish them well, and stay in good grace?
What would you really do if they were your aunt or cousins, friends?
Thank you for any input.

Why do you think There was even an apostolic council? They sent a letter to the churches for Dogma! A decree from the apostles. Sola scriptura Has never been biblical. That only became poular with the printing press and Luther. I never thought I would find myself saying this but it is a fact. The seat of Moses was such a thing. Nothing "sectarian" came from that seat. The high priest was chief justice in that council. Therefore anything the judges brought to that court for decision had to be approved by the high priest. Read Deuteronomy 17.

That is why Jesus said to listen to them as from that seat. But not to do as they do. John the baptist and Jesus warned of their leven, myths, wives tales etc. As a sect they practiced differently than what was "LAW". If they could not agree it was not law  and remained a disputable matter. Oral law as the Rabbis claim was given to them is specious. There was no need for an oral law, as they claim. The high priest on his breasrplate of decision had the Urim and Thumim to consult God directly. The priesthood was the teaching authority in Israel, a shadow of the holy spirit in attendance. The Rabbis usurped that authority when the temple was destroyed. Urim and thummim lost? God took care of that.

Joh 11:51  And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

Truth can be Offensive!

Ignorance is Bliss (NOT)

You avoided my question, Anne, and tried to give me another old testament history lesson.  "What would you really do if you were concerned for them"
Can you answer this question. Please.

You needn't lecture me about the Roman catholic church as I was in it from birth for thirty years. Since being saved and accepting (gladly) my role as a believer to share the good news, I wanted to learn more about the catholic church through my "new creature" eyes. This verse helped me to understand;
"But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them"  2 Corinthians 4:4

Get on line and get the book The Dark History of the Catholic Church.

You can get them for 6-8 bucks used from 'Thrift books' or 'AbeBooks.com' used.
Read it and come back and you tell me what you think. You have no idea what you are talking about defending the RCC, and I am surprised no one here has informed you this topic needs to be moved to the "Catholic" section of this forum.

I know the RCC church dogma enough to say they preach another gospel, a false gospel, and you are encouraging others to believe this false gospel, by defending their church dogma, instead of sharing the truth from the divinely inspired scriptures. I care more about those viewers, and seekers watching/listening to the words you have expressed here, than hurting your 'feelings'. If I am being argumentative or have been un-Christ like I apologize. I do not attack you, just what you claim to be the truth of a false religion, the RCC.

God gave us the word, and not a sinful man. When you read about the 'actual' documented  RCC history you will have a better understanding of how far from the truth they have drifted. I have some compassion/understanding for your zeal, but what you have shared is based on non truths.

This post was a facetious ruse, to see what others held most important here, helping people find God's healing or defending peoples beliefs and dogma.

What is salvation. What are we saved from. Inherited Corruption.

If you knew someone that had a terminal illness, a corruption, a virus, the same one you were cured/healed from (if you are a saved/healed born again believer) because some faithful believer pointed you to the "real"doctor, the  great Physician who gave you the anti virus, (Jesus),  would you not be sure to give them the same medicine/anti virus/un-corruption, and not a charm from a witch doctor or a snake oil salesman peddling a false cure?

God is Light!   not man...

• Well Said! 1

When we walk in the Spirit, we conduct ourselves according to His will. There are times to speak, and there are times to remain silent.

All the zeal and "rightness" possible to us means nothing if we're driven to lay our hands upon the Ark in an effort to keep it upright.

There is a way that seems right to a man, and that way leads to death. There is a fleshly wisdom that reveres the bible but pays no heed to gentleness, kindness, and good deeds with no expectation of reward.

There is a spirit that clothes itself in humility, but is haughty and proud. "I'm right and you're wrong." What manner of seed is planted by the wayward?

A toxic one. So for all the condemnation of someone who is in error along the way, yelling at them isn't a help. Extending a hand in goodwill is that help. Demonstrating by our example sows the good seed. 👍 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,508
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, Sower said:

You avoided my question, Anne, and tried to give me another old testament history lesson. 

Now Scripture is a history lesson?  I will leave you to your own interpretations. All going any further will simply create arguments. You see in scripture what you see, and that is all there is to it. If the entire early church disagrees, they are simply wrong.

Edited by Anne2
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,508
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

And that Jesus is from God, they believe in the immaculate conception, don't they? 

Rome does yes. The Orthodox, I Am pretty sure all the Orthodox do not.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,159
  • Content Per Day:  9.58
  • Days Won:  149

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

I think @ayin jade is right on the money, brother. Zeal untempered by wisdom is utterly worthless. I'm not one who looks at an unwise brother or sister and thinks, "They're not a Christian because of what they're doing." Hardly. There was a time when I loved the Lord but possessed all the wisdom and restraint of a Bazooka bubblegum wrapper. :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

I even had more than one elder come to me in love and counsel restraint. My brother Paul was the one who told me that my conduct was the figurative equivalent of grabbing someone by their neck and bashing them on the head until they fall unconscious on the ground. 

The Lord says this, by golly! :fryingpan:

"If I say okay, will you leave me alone?" :42:

Self-control is a fruit of His Spirit. :)

We seem to be talking about extremes here. Either a person is over zealous or has no zeal at all.

I would much rather see a brother on fire offend a few people with his zeal because he CARES about others, than someone who is afraid to comment on the truth. ;)

How do we know when, or if a brother is outside of some boundary unless we know his heart?

Truly excited believers are few and far in between nowadays- sort of like unicorns LOL. Zeal can be sometimes misguided and misdirected if it isn't in line with the Lord's leading.

I can't say whether you were wise of not in your delivery. Some people need a flogging over the head :)

• Thumbs Up 1