IGNORED

What if the true nature of God will surprise us?

Amigo42

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Days Won:  2

Sorry, what I mean is that it's my close family.. Sorry for any misunderstanding... I'm referring to a parent, siblings and in-laws (and their families).

I do pray for opportunities to be a witness...but as they seem fully convinced in their own minds that they each believe the 'truth', I mainly spend time in prayer for them, behind closed doors. Praying that our Lord will have mercy upon their souls, showing them that all their 'good works' are as filthy rags, that they cannot earn or merit salvation...I pray that the Lord would give them ears to hear, and eyes to see.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

3 minutes ago, B-B said:

Sorry, what I mean is that it's my close family.. Sorry for any misunderstanding... I'm referring to a parent, siblings and in-laws (and their families).

I do pray for opportunities to be a witness...but as they seem fully convinced in their own minds that they each believe the 'truth', I mainly spend time in prayer for them, behind closed doors. Praying that our Lord will have mercy upon their souls, showing them that all their 'good works' are as filthy rags, that they cannot earn or merit salvation...I pray that the Lord would give them ears to hear, and eyes to see.

I had an acquaintance about 12 years ago who is a Sikh. I spoke to him of my Lord. His response was polite, but no. Seeds were planted. There is a spirit behind those things. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Alive said:

There is a spirit behind those things. 

Yes I agree with you...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, B-B said:

Please would you mind explaining plainly your meaning here..?

Sure.  The Bible as we know it is the culmination of various priestly authors, editors, and before being written much was passed down orally through the generations.  Any oral story will undergo change over time and the details can get fuzzy and that's ok.  So that's what I mean.  Something can't be 100% literal if some details change over time, and again that's ok.  It's just a reminder that we should not get tripped up Bible worship but rather worship the Creator who in general inspired the writings.  

Another thing to remember is some stories were written as parables or moral lessons.  I think the books of Jonah and Job might fall into that category.  God never told us these are literal.  We have been taught that these are, but even in Jewish tradition some stories were not considered literal to my knowledge.  

1 hour ago, B-B said:

(I was brought up as a Sikh… I’m the only member of my family who is following the Lord. I’ve had conversations with family members in the past re: some of the contents of your posts…)

Wow!  That's amazing indeed.  You have certainly had a spiritual journey.  I know it takes courage to choose Jesus over one's family.  I think religion is like a spectrum of truth.  All religions have some truth to bring to the table, but Jesus came to return us to the highest spectrum of truth.  He wants us to understand God's true nature which is love.

4 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

rather worship the Creator who in general inspired the writings.  

Thanks for your response 😊

I would very much appreciate it if you could be more precise in your responses. When you say "in general" please could you confirm, with a yes or no, whether you believe that all 66 Books of the Bible are Holy Spirit inspired.

I can precisely state, that I believe that the Lord is able to preserve His word, and that the 66 Books we have in our possession, (the Bible), is all Holy Spirit inspired...and is to be believed.

(Btw....I don't believe anyone here in this thread  is talking about "worshiping" the Bible, I don't understand why you have repeated this as it's not an appropriate comment).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, The_Patriot21 said:

If Hes just going to let us all in regardless...why would He even bother with said book? Why would it even matter if we followed Him? So why write a book lying about the path to salvation and the consequences of not following it if were all going to heaven regardless?

Well, it still matters because Jesus wants us to have an abundant and purpose-filled life while we're here in this life and the next.  He wants how we live to bring the Kingdom of Heaven to earth.

23 minutes ago, B-B said:

Thanks for your response 😊

I would very much appreciate it if you could be more precise in your responses. When you say "in general" please could you confirm, with a yes or no, whether you believe that all 66 Books of the Bible are Holy Spirit inspired.

I can precisely state, that I believe that the Lord is able to preserve His word, and that the 66 Books we have in our possession, (the Bible), is all Holy Spirit inspired...and is to be believed.

(Btw....I don't believe anyone here in this thread  is talking about "worshiping" the Bible, I don't understand why you have repeated this as it's not an appropriate comment).

Sorry I'll try to be more precise. Yes I do believe all 66 books are inspired, but I don't believe every single detail in those books is direct from God.  That's alright though.  Nothing touched by man is inerrant.  If God himself literally wrote the words and sent them down from heaven then that'd be different.  

An example of how I feel is that God may inspire us to share a kind word with someone or give them some sort of message, but how we say it and the words we use are up to us as long as the general message is related.  I think the Bible is a message on how we are to treat people and how we have a relationship with God.

Edited by Amigo42

46 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

I think religion is like a spectrum of truth.  All religions have some truth to bring to the table, but Jesus came to return us to the highest spectrum of truth.  He wants us to understand God's true nature which is love.

@Amigo42.. Do your beliefs align with Universalism, as described below?

Is Universalism Biblical?

Universalism is the belief that everyone will be saved. There are many people today who hold to universal salvation and believe that all people eventually end up in heaven. Perhaps it is the thought of men and women living a life of eternal torment in hell that causes some to reject the teaching of Scripture on this issue. For some it is an over-emphasis on the love and compassion of God—and the neglect of the righteousness and justice of God—that leads them to believe God will have mercy on every living soul. But the Scriptures do teach that some people will spend eternity in hell.

Many people believe that all roads—all religions and beliefs—lead to heaven, or they consider that God is so full of love and mercy that He will allow all people into heaven. God is certainly full of love and mercy; it was these qualities that led Him to send His Son, Jesus Christ, to earth to die on the cross for us. Jesus Christ is the exclusive door that leads to an eternity in heaven. Acts 4:12 says, “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.” “There is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” (1 Timothy 2:5). In John 14:6, Jesus says, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” If we choose to reject God’s Son, we do not meet the requirements for salvation (John 3:16, 18, 36).

With verses such as these, it becomes clear that universalism and universal salvation are unbiblical beliefs. Universalism directly contradicts what Scripture teaches. While many people accuse Christians of being intolerant and “exclusive,” it is important to remember that these are the words of Christ Himself. Christians did not develop these ideas on their own; Christians are simply stating what the Lord has already said. People choose to reject the message because they do not want to face up to their sin and admit that they need the Lord to save them. To say that those who reject God’s provision of salvation through His Son will be saved is to belittle the holiness and justice of God and negate the need of Jesus’ sacrifice on our behalf.

Source: Got Questions

Edited by B-B

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

Under the laws of this world ignorance is no excuse. If one from another state breaks the law and is arrested of fined, he is still charged. 

Jesus said the Gospel will be preached in all the world before the judgment. In an article I read the other day it said there is a great percentage of Christians in most every country of the world today.  The Lord Jesus will be our only judge. I hear the term God used in many of the answers, but believing in God will not get anyone to heaven no matter what religion you are accustomed. We get to heaven through Christ only.

"I am the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father except by me"

Be blessed

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1