IGNORED

Did Paul considered certain foods unclean?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

What do you believe,are there foods unclean to eat for us and should we avoid them ?

Did Paul consider certain types of food unclean? Rom. 14:14, 20.

Paul's letter to the Romans deals extensively with Jewish and gentile concerns. In chapter 16, he greets many people with Jewish names and many with gentile names. The Roman church was composed of both Jews and gentiles, and there seems to have been some tension between them, and Paul addressed this carefully.

In chapter 14, Paul addresses the matter of vegetarianism, but his comments go further than that. When he says "no food is unclean in itself" and "all food is clean," the meaning is clear. Since the Roman church included both Jews and gentiles, questions would naturally arise as to whether it was necessary for Christians to keep the Levitical rules. Paul clearly answers that question, but he also urges people to be cautious about this sensitive matter. He did not require Jews to change their customs.

In review, we see that Noah was permitted to eat any kind of meat he wanted. Paul also permitted people to eat any kind of meat they wanted. The dietary restrictions in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14 were (just like other rules about ritual cleanness) given just to ancient Israel as part of the old covenant. When the old covenant came to an end when Jesus was crucified, the authority for these rules expired. The new covenant does not tell us to look to the law of Moses for either clothing styles or dietary guidance. Instead, the new covenant clearly tells us that all foods may be considered clean.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Romans 14:14

I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

1 Tim. 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

The fact that there were 7 times more clean animals on the ark and God still told Noah to eat of any animal should be a clue. It wasn't for lack of clean animals--hello.

Guest shadow2b
IYYAR 27, 5763

Very good, Yod!

As for my part, as a believer in Messiah. I too, am still living under the old covenant, and one in which had not expired, and had not been done all away with; but only made better by God, with better promises.

Wha ever God starts, he builds upon, and improves or makes better. And basically that is, in every thing God does.

That which was given by God that Christains call the old covenant never ended, was never done away with, but was only improved and made better by God is all.

Yes, if we are indeed true Christains. We live by the word of God. The Tanakh (Old Testament). The Hebrew scriptures. In the !st century early church. That was their Bible. It had been only the Tanakh, believers were taught from. There was no New Testament Bible! The B'rit Hadashah (New Testament) was in the process of being written. God is restoring to his Church now, to it's Hebraic roots. What are it's Hebraic roots? It's the Tanakh. It's the Hebrew scriptures! What happens when the Church becomes disconnected from it's Hebraic roots, and that has happened? God's people begin going into apostacy! And that has happened in the church and is happening now.

Also people try to Messianic-ize pagan practices! And to call things to be pleasing to God, that are in fact an abomination to God. As for my part, the mandate God has given me at least, I can say. It is in part, to work to help to correct centuries of inproper Bible teachings in the church.

Just for only one example, ''the false and demonic teachings of replacement theology.'' In which basically the Big, Big lie has been told, and has been, and is today largely believed in today's contemporary church. That has caused most Christians to wrongly believe that the Church has replaced Israel. Why had the enemy wanted God's people (That is, as for the Church), to believe that big lie that breeds Chirstian anti semitism. Obviously, to keep the Church of God from coming into alinement with the purposes of God concerning Israel. For in part, at least that has much to do with God's plan to bring this present and evil age to it's end. And to follow the birth of a new age, the Messianic age.

By the weekend, I hope to, God willing, to finish the expository thread I had started in the Apologetic form area of this message board on the biblical topic ''Our Debt to Israel.'' And thereafter, God willing to start a new thread on this topic ''The Root of Anti Semitism.'' To expose the enemy to all! And to in breif to unveil the history of it.

And with God's help ,I believe many Christians will see all the more problem there has been in the Church, and is today of Christian Anti Semitism that has need to be rooted out of today's contemporary church. That many have not ever really realized has really existed. And that has served largely to have kept the Church outside of the fullness of it's spiritual inheritance for some 17 centuries, now. Yes, there is an imminent need for the Christians to be awaked to see this. Anyway, I could go on and on about all this. But I won't. I will stop for now anyway.

Only I wanted to add to that shared, by you (Yod) is all. And by the way, I am delighted that you have begun to speak out about all this, and I hope you keep doing so.

But. of course, haSatan (the adversay) won't like it.

But are heavenly Abba, will. Therefore, I hope you will boldly keep doing so.

In is written in the ''Complete Jewish Bible the English

version, this: ''The wicked flee when no one pursues them; but the righteous, like lions, feel sure of themselves.'' (Mishlei/Proverbs 28:1)

I am a friend to all who fear ADONAI (the Lord) and observe his precepts.

If you burn for Yeshua (Jesus) (That is, figuretively speaking) you will have zeal in serving Israel, for God, and in doing your part to help to further his purposes concerning Israel. As for my part, I do have a very definite sense of knowing that is God's priority number one, right now. It is the restoration of Israel over all else. And at the moment that has much to do with God restoring the Jewish people to the land , God has given them in fulfillment of prophetic scripture. And we all who belong to Messiah are expected by God, to do our part in helping to further God's purposes concerning Israel in some way.

''Shalom aleikhem!'' to all who belong to the Messiah.

''Yeshua's Yhudah Juda''

NOPE!!!!!! it'S either OR but NOT BOTH!!!!!!! the first was ending{came to a close} to establish the second!!!!!!!-----the first was fulfilled in order to establish the second!!!!!-----heb.10.vs.9.--------

THEN said he,lo,i come to do thy will O GOD.HE taketh away the first,that he may establish the second

I just canNOT see HOW anyone can deny this FACT of scripture OR state that the first has just been improved on.......THAT is in direct CONFLICT with scripture........{Gary}--