• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I apologize if this has already been covered

Before we begin, I understand that all sins ultimately leads to death but hear me out 

In IJohn 5:16 they talk about deadly sins 

"If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he should pray and God will give him life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that he should pray about that"

It's explicitly said that there are sins that leads to death and others not, what's the difference ? You can pray for your fellow's non deadly sins and he will receive life aka forgiveness but you can't get forgiveness for someone if it's a deadly sin ie  they need to repent themselves.

This is where it gets interesting (at least for me), what are those deadly sins ? popular opinion would suggest its the so called 7 sins in proverb 6:16-19 . Others think of the 7 deadly sins made by the Catholic church but I beg to differ from all of these.

There are indeed 7 deadly sins and they are quite easy to find, I asked myself this question "if they are sins deserving of death, what would a christian of that time refer to ? surely it's the 10 commandment, then what in the 10 commandment were punishable by death ? ". Then it strikes me, I noticed that only the commandment from 1st to 7th were directly punishable by death if found guilty.

So there you have it, the 7 deadly sins, someone breaking these commandment must repent by themselves if they want to be saved.

The best thing is, you can't find a loophole because being dishonest about your  repentance is a deadly sin as it breaks the 3rd commandment.

I find it amazing that the 1st to 7th commandment are pertaining to the creation themselves (sovereignty of God, Sabbath, Parent, value of Life and marriage) so breaking them is like a direct confrontation to God more than to a human which is why they are deadly unlike the last 3 commandment which are more related to earthly relationship.

Lastly, it's fascinating how the last commandment (coveting) is the place where every sin began.

Thank you for reading :group-hug:

Edited by Jinto
grammar fault

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.46
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

31 minutes ago, Jinto said:

Before we begin, I understand that all sins ultimately leads to death but hear me out 

"If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he should pray and God will give him life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that he should pray about that"

It's explicitly said that there are sins that leads to death and others not, what's the difference ? You can pray for your fellow's non deadly sins and he will receive life aka forgiveness but you can't get forgiveness for someone if it's a deadly sin ie  they need to repent themselves.

This is where it gets interesting (at least for me), what are those deadly sins ? popular opinion would suggest its the so called 7 sins in proverb 6:16-19 . Others think of the 7 deadly sins made by the Catholic church but I beg to differ from all of these.

There are indeed 7 deadly sins and they are quite easy to find, I asked myself this question "if they are sins deserving of death, what would a christian of that time refer to ? surely it's the 10 commandment, then what in the 10 commandment were punishable by death ? ". Then it strikes me, I noticed that only the commandment from 1st to 7th were directly punishable by death if found guilty.

So there you have it, the 7 deadly sins, someone breaking these commandment must repent by themselves if they want to be saved.

The best thing is, you can't find a loophole because being dishonest about your  repentance is a deadly sin as it breaks the 3rd commandment.

I find it amazing that the 1st to 7th commandment are pertaining to the creation themselves (sovereignty of God, Sabbath, Parent, value of Life and marriage) so breaking them is like a direct confrontation to God more than to a human which is why they are deadly unlike the last 3 commandment which are more related to earthly relationship.

Lastly, it's fascinating how the last commandment (coveting) is the place where every sin began.

Interesting Jinto.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

2 hours ago, Jinto said:

what's the difference ?

The difference is the Blood of Jesus. Redemption and restitution only through the Blood. 

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

2 hours ago, Jinto said:

You can pray for your fellow's non deadly sins and he will receive life aka forgiveness but you can't get forgiveness for someone if it's a deadly sin ie  they need to repent themselves.

There are three examples in the Bible of healing. The time they cut a hole in the ceiling, the parent for their child and the soldier for their servant. People received healing through the faith of others. My son died from drugs when he was 40. This was his choice and we can not make their choice for them. "This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live"

Deuteronomy 30:19. We can intercede and see results but sometimes there are things people need to do for themselves. "For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy." (1 Corinthians 7:14)

We can keep people going. It is sad the friends that have died because I just was not paying attention to encourage them to keep them going a while longer. We are told that married people live five years longer than single people. Maybe because they have someone there to revive them. 

Edited by JohnR7

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,373
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  99

It's also said that people who eat hot chiles are less likely to suffer sudden death. I'd love to hear how someone figured that out. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,072
  • Content Per Day:  3.29

2 hours ago, Jinto said:

If a Christian has taken a course of action that will damage or pollute the Church, God may cause the untimely death of that Christian to stop the "leavening" effect on the Church. We have at least four cases in the New Testament; (i) Ananias and Saphira, (ii) the incestuous brother of 1st Corinthians 5, (iii) those Christians who took the Lord's Table unworthily, and (iv) Alexander the Coppersmith.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Jinto said:

Hi, I’d like to put forth a thought, it may or may not be correct but something to kick around….

A sin onto death is a sin a fellow Christian should know better then to commit, lying, stealing, adultery, murder, the such like… These like you mentioned the believer themselves have to repent of..  A sin that does not lead to death is a sin one sees a fellow Christian do almost inadvertently.. Like when one sees a fellow Christian be rude to someone or mock someone or just fail to show love for loves sake something we all are guilty of at one time or another… When we see this in another believer we should pray for life, as well as the other believer should pray for us when we are the guilty party….

A thought… 

Be blessed in your pursuing of truth…

A fellow believer, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

2 hours ago, Jinto said:

not realy. repentance is for the sinner,confession is for the saved.Paul said A sin and A unforgivable sin,the only unforgiveable sin i know of is to accept saten as lord

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

1 minute ago, grahampaul said:

not realy. repentance is for the sinner,confession is for the saved.Paul said A sin and A unforgivable sin,the only unforgiveable sin i know of is to accept saten as lord

as in to be born of him not God