• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

10 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

No offense to you but   I personally HATE  to hear people try to  equate these 2 together. A relationship with God and a human relationship are 2 different  entities  each with its own benefits. As far as I know, the   Bible never makes them  out to be the same.People need to stop trying to say 1 can replace the other. Some  people can live alone and be completely fulfilled  with their relatiopnship with God and theres nothing wrong with that. But people need to stop acting like you shouldnt want to be married because you have Jesus.

God is invisible, inaudible and intangible, so there are plenty of things in a marriage that you wont get from your relationship with God-  physical company, emotional support, sex etc and the bible in various verses speaks on the merits of these things.

Saying things like that can be very insensitive to people who want to get married because it makes it seem like they shouldnt want something the Bible says is good.

Hi creative

Well your probably getting some " push back " just from starting out as you did,HATE is a pretty strong word.....and capitalized at that so its quite obvious that Lady & I struck a nerve just because..... Hmmm,what? Is it because you need/want more of a physical relationship than she and I both have no desire of?

Neither of us ever suggested what is good for us should be for anyone else ,its personal- we've both been through some pretty horrible experiences and we are at Peace alone with our Lord & Savior....

For me,I never wanted to leave my earthly Dad to get married in the furst placed( 1st time around)so now,nearly 45 years later I'm very much at home with my Heavenly Father,I dont need Him to be sitting on the couch next to me in a physical body to see hear or feel Him with me be cause I do see,hear & feel His Loving Embrace..... And that is for ME

So if you HATE what I'm saying then thats on you

There's a big difference between being alone and being lonely,I'm not lonely and dont need anyone to fill any void- no doubt others may be quite lonely without a mate.. Did that/ been there- its suffocating for me

God Bless you & I'm thrilled you have a wonderful match to spend your time on this earth with,I hope the same Blessing for anyone with the same hearts desire

Edited by kwikphilly
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Hi creative

Well your probably getting some " push back " just from starting out as you did,HATE is a pretty strong word.....and capitalized at that so its quite obvious that Lady & I struck a nerve just because..... Hmmm,what? Is it because you need/want more of a physical relationship than she and I both have no desire of?

Neither of us ever suggested what is good for us should be for anyone else ,its personal- we've both been through some pretty horrible experiences and we are at Peace alone with our Lord & Savior....

For me,I never wanted to leave my earthly Dad to get married in the furst placed( 1st time around)so now,nearly 45 years later I'm very much at home with my Heavenly Father,I dont need Him to be sitting on the couch next to me in a physical body to see hear or feel Him with me be cause I do see,hear & feel His Loving Embrace..... And that is for ME

There's a big difference between being alone and being lonely,I'm not lonely and dont need anyone to fill any void- no doubt others may be quite lonely without a mate.. Did that/ been there- its suffocating for me

God Bless you & I'm thrilled you have a wonderful match to spend your time on this earth with,I hope the same Blessing for anyone with the same hearts desire

I think Ive been misinterpreted. Some people will never marry because God doesnt have that for them in their lives and some people will be content  and happy with their singleness. Nothing wrong with that. God knows whats best for them.

What my issue is when people  make it out that a relationship and God and an intimate relationship with another are exactly the same thing. Theyre not.  What i once saw was in another Christian forum a woman saying she was wishing for a husband and someone told her you have a relationship with Jesus, isnt that enough. It was like he was trying to guilt her for wanting something totally human and natural.

When God created man, he acknowledged the benefit of a spouse-"Its not good for man to be alone" and the bible in different places points out marriage as a positive thing.

A relationship with God and one with a human being are two totally different types of relationships so we shouldnt try to act like one has the exact same dynamic and benefits as the other, the bible never does (as far as I know). Since we cant hear, touch or see God, the relationship dynamic with Him and a spouse  that is visible, audible and tangible will be different. There are things we can do with one you cant do with the other.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,401
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  99

2 hours ago, Starise said:

I guess it was a bit HIPPOcritical of me to post something funny when I said the subject wasn't funny.

Oh wait...that probably wasn't funny.

hippo.jpg

It took me an hour to get it. Outstanding! :41:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

I think Ive been misinterpreted. Some people will never marry because God doesnt have that for them in their lives and some people will be content  and happy with their singleness. Nothing wrong with that. God knows whats best for them.

What my issue is when people  make it out that a relationship and God and an intimate relationship with another are exactly the same thing. Theyre not.  What i once saw was in another Christian forum a woman saying she was wishing for a husband and someone told her you have a relationship with Jesus, isnt that enough. It was like he was trying to guilt her for wanting something totally human and natural.

When God created man, he acknowledged the benefit of a spouse-"Its not good for man to be alone" and the bible in different places points out marriage as a positive thing.

A relationship with God and one with a human being are two totally different types of relationships so we shouldnt try to act like one has the exact same dynamic and benefits as the other, the bible never does (as far as I know). Since we cant hear, touch or see God, the relationship dynamic with Him and a spouse  that is visible, audible and tangible will be different. There are things we can do with one you cant do with the other.

Hi again.... And I think I can speak for Lady,Starise,Marathoner and probably every one else here, besides myself.... We completely agree with that and never even insinuated any such thing as that Christian Lady from another Forum( lol)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

23 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Hi creative

Couldn't have expressed it better myself! Been there, done that:

Broke the mug;

Burned the t-shirt;

Locked the door;

Turned off the phone;

And burned the toast. :36:

Jesus Christ is my Lord and God and if He says that I'm going to marry someone, I'll do what He says with joy and thanksgiving. That's what it would take. :emot-headphones:

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

22 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

Couldn't have expressed it better myself! Been there, done that:

Broke the mug;

Burned the t-shirt;

Locked the door;

Turned off the phone;

And burned the toast. :36:

Jesus Christ is my Lord and God and if He says that I'm going to marry someone, I'll do what He says with joy and thanksgiving. That's what it would take. :emot-headphones:

You know some thing Brother,I really believed its what God Wanted for me this last time around and then especially with the lung cancer and being disabled I thought" Oh Wow,God Sent Help"- I mean I could hardly walk( & breathings no picnic either)

When there was no help I was very confused.. . I prayed & prayed & prayed and then finally I heard" Pick up your mat!" That blew me away and sent me right back to what ,( or rather WHO) has gotten me through all my difficulties and I guess I can linp, hop or even crawl but " get er done"

BUT

" I can do ALL things in Christ Who Strengthens me" so maybe I got it wrong,,He did send me a provider but not a physical helper.... I dont know,I truly dont - I dont really like  to be so distrusting but after being lied to so much........I think I'll stop talking.  Lol

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,700
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Starise said:

I guess it was a bit HIPPOcritical of me to post something funny when I said the subject wasn't funny.

Oh wait...that probably wasn't funny.

hippo.jpg

Someone earlier in the post mentioned that there are two sides of each he story…

Starwise…. I believe we might be seeing “the other side of the story” 🧐…… just kidding of course, Charlie 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

You know some thing Brother,I really believed its what God Wanted for me this last time around and then especially with the lung cancer and being disabled I thought" Oh Wow,God Sent Help"- I mean I could hardly walk( & breathings no picnic either)

When there was no help I was very confused.. . I prayed & prayed & prayed and then finally I heard" Pick up your mat!" That blew me away and sent me right back to what ,( or rather WHO) has gotten me through all my difficulties and I guess I can linp, hop or even crawl but " get er done"

BUT

" I can do ALL things in Christ Who Strengthens me" so maybe I got it wrong,,He did send me a provider but not a physical helper.... I dont know,I truly dont - I dont really like  to be so distrusting but after being lied to so much........I think I'll stop talking.  Lol

You're an inspiration.

I confess to some bellyaching about the prospect of having my esophagus dilated on a regular basis (they put you under for the procedure and you stay in the hospital overnight) to avoid living with a feeding tube for the rest of my days. I would need a feeding tube to survive because the ol' stomach chute doesn't open wide enough to permit the passage of even the tiniest pill. That's caused by the muscular dystrophy I have. Certain muscles in my throat don't work anymore.

Dilation would temporarily open the esophagus wide enough so I could eat food like a normal person, but it would have to be done on a regular basis until my time on earth is finished. In this way, I would share something in common with people on dialysis.

I saw it in those "movies" the radiologist made during my swallowing study. It was sobering to witness. It opened up all of the old wounds from that time when I was so sick with Lyme disease that I begged the Lord to destroy me. He refused to do that.

What does He tell me now? Look at my right hand, and remember when I thought I was dead. My right hand was broken on that day when I thought I was going to die (it's a bit misshapen). The Lord was with me even then, and He promised to never leave me. Our Lord Jesus Christ is both faithful and true, and He hasn't left me. His word is trustworthy.

I have nothing to whine about! Whatever befalls me is His will. It's not like I haven't faced hard things before, right? Right!

He also tells me to consider your example. You're an inspiration to me, kwik. 

Edited by Marathoner
Typo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

6 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

You're an inspiration.

I confess to some bellyaching about the prospect of having my esophagus dilated on a regular basis (they put you under for the procedure and you stay in the hospital overnight) to avoid living with a feeding tube for the rest of my days. I would need a feeding tube to survive because the ol' stomach chute doesn't open wide enough to permit the passage of even the tiniest pill. That's caused by the muscular dystrophy I have. Certain muscles in my throat don't work anymore.

Dilation would temporarily open the esophagus wide enough so I could eat food like a normal person, but it would have to be done on a regular basis until my time on earth is finished. In this way, I would share something in common with people on dialysis.

I saw it in those "movies" the radiologist made during my swallowing study. It was sobering to witness. It opened up all of the old wounds from that time when I was so sick with Lyme disease that I begged the Lord to destroy me. He refused to do that.

What does He tell me now? Look at my right hand, and remember when I thought I was dead. My right hand was broken on that day when I thought I was going to die (it's a bit misshapen). The Lord was with me even then, and He promised to never leave me. Our Lord Jesus Christ is both faithful and true, and He hasn't left me. His word is trustworthy.

I have nothing to whine about! Whatever befalls me is His will. It's not like I haven't faced hard things before, right? Right!

He also tells me to consider your example. You're an inspiration to me, kwik. 

Crazy.... I consider what you deal with and I'm inspired.

I feel like I have nothing when I think about muscular dystrophy( especially with the esophagus)...

The first time the pet scan showed this lung cancer ( the big tumor)there was also a spot on the throat and the other lung... The throat had me most troubled,I do enjoy food and speaking! Seems it might have been an inflammation or whatever but its pretty insignificant.

My cousin had throat cancer,what he endured before he died was horrific

Anyway- you lift me up ALL the time- God Bless you!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Someone earlier in the post mentioned that there are two sides of each he story…

Starwise…. I believe we might be seeing “the other side of the story” 🧐…… just kidding of course, Charlie 

Of course there is Charlie

There is the wrong side vs my side :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

Just kidding:wub:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2