IGNORED

100% Acceptance Of Homosexuality By 2040?

Hidden In Him

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

20 hours ago, Hidden In Him said:

Beautifully put, HLM.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this here - maybe elsewhere - but I don't think the typical homosexual is actually a problem. I don't see them any differently than anyone else, at least so long as they are not throwing sexuality in my face, and I make friends with them easily and get along with them well, even when they know full well what my beliefs are. I have a co-worker right now who is lesbian, and she knows I'm Christian but is warming up to me a lot because I make her laugh and treat her kindly and respectfully.

My real worry is with the governments in the West. I don't think they are honestly concerned with the welfare of homosexuals near so much as wanting to undermine the influence of Christianity in society. That may come off as something of a "conspiracy theory," but I have been around long enough to see a number of trends leading in that direction, hence why I posted the OP. Biblical Christianity is not just viewed as "outdated" but as the enemy, and I suspect they are going to attempt to eradicate its influence one way or the other. The homosexual issue just seems like the most likely route.

God bless, and I enjoyed reading your post.

Since the Bible is clear we don't wrestle against flesh and blood, we wrestle against invisible forces of evil on the earth, I see homosexuals as having been caught up in the enemy's web. There is a caveat to  continued sins of the flesh. There is an implication to the PERSON as stated in Romans chap. 1 18-22. Since they willfully rejected the ways of God, He has blinded them to practice these evil deeds.

I take this to mean they really can't see how immorally crazy they are. First they would't see, now they CAN'T see. It is almost as if  in the same way we are SEALED to redemption, they are sealed to damnation. Some homosexuals have been turned to God. Something deep within them turned to God. Could it be similar to the way any sinner who continues to sin can get to the very bottom? The very lowest depravity. Maybe just maybe at that point a minority of them decides to look up. To desire a way out of it. When all other ways to cope have been exhausted.

So long as we are all so very "accepting" of them, we only aid in their delusion. Accept the person. Point out the sin in love if the Lord leads. 

Too much acceptance and velvet .vs steel they won't recognize you from anyone else.

Edited by Starise

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

16 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

This might sound funny but I'm not being funny

I have a relative that used to take things she wanted from the time she could reach & grab for whatever she " desired" to have.

Of course she was told " no" before she was old enough to reason with & as she got older she was taught right from wrong( just as her 3 other siblings were)... This behavior went on & on until her " stealing" was so out of hand that she was taken to a psychiatrist who labeled her as a kleptomaniac

Okay my point is this-does" she can't help it" apply? I'm a Christian who just has to call a spade a spade. I will never buy into mans facts,labels or excuses because it is ALL spiritual warfare

Yes,binding spirits can pass from generation to generation, spiritual oppression & possession does not discriminate age and when a person cannot or will not resist temptation to feed the desires of their flesh there is but one cure- JESUS

Every shackle & chain is broken when we are Born Again…..... Can they help it,probably temporarily & oh boy what a struggle but when Delivered of evil..... Glory to God!

Anyway,Christians can certainly be bound again after Deliverance but then they will have Holy Spirit tugging at their heart.... Many a homosexual has been Born Again & can(& do) testify of how they were convinced they were born that way & then( some after years of struggling flesh against spirit) were FREE after they Received Gods Truth

In His Love Kwik

Exactly.

There are numerous scriptures that came to mind in reading ET's post and then yours. For starters, Paul taught that no temptation has taken us except what it common to man and that the Lord always provides a way of escape if we choose to take it, the meaning being precisely that we cannot be tempted beyond out means to resist because God would not allow it.

Then there is the passage in James about when we are tempted through our own lusts, which again suggests that the temptations the enemy uses to seduce us arise from ourselves and are not the result of the overpowering influence of outside forces.

14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death. 16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation nor shadow of turning.

Too much to explain, but "deviation, nor shadow of turning" there are symbolic references to demonic spirits, who speak half-truths in the ear but whose "light" turns to darkness and seductions and temptations. But as the rest of the Chapter implies (see v.21), the decision is ours to either allow such thoughts and desires to be "implanted" within us or not. It's why he advised to receive the implanted word of God instead, "which has the power to save our souls."  

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Human nature is a...

6 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Of course it translated, silly you! I was truly exhausted I start my days before midnight every single day & I'm not stop ,by 4pm I'm done for.... More coffee for me?Nah I'd never sleep- I get from 2 to 4 or 5 hrs tops

So that's the only reason I said " gnite":sleep2::emot-hug:

ASMR videos help my insomnia.

Beware though, some of them are new age hypnosis videos.

26 minutes ago, Starise said:

Since the Bible is clear we don't wrestle against flesh and blood, we wrestle against invisible forces of evil on the earth, I see homosexuals as having been caught up in the enemy's web. There is a caveat to continued sins of the flesh. There is an implication to the PERSON as stated in Romans chap. 1 18-22. Since they willfully rejected the ways of God, He has blinded them to practice these evil deeds.

I take this to mean they really can't see how immorally crazy they are. First they would't see, now they CAN'T see. It is almost as if  in the same way we are SEALED to redemption, they are sealed to damnation. Some homosexuals have been turned to God. Something deep within them turned to God. Could it be similar to the way any sinner who continues to sin can get to the very bottom. The very lowest depravity. Maybe just maybe at that point a minority of them decides to look up. To desire a way out of it. When all other ways to cope have been exhausted.

So long as we are all so very "accepting" of them, we only aid in their delusion. Accept the person. Point out the sin in love if the Lord leads. 

Too much acceptance and velvet .vs steel they won't recognize you from anyone else.

Hmmm...

The passage is here:

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

I think "giving them over" implies allowing them to believe and act as they wish, yes, and also that they were being given over to the influence of demonic spirits as well, because Paul used the word "uncleanness" in the passage, which was an understood reference to demonic (i.e. "unclean") spirits. But it might be going a bit too far to be saying they are "sealed unto damnation," unless you mean by it that their freewill is still intact. I think demonic spirits are a type of "seal" of spiritual certification much like the Holy Spirit is for believers, but I think neither is a permanent declaration of ownership. I think freewill is still always in play, though with some - should they refuse God time and time again - their number of remaining good opportunities may be dwindling away. 

Edited by Hidden In Him
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

10 minutes ago, JohnD said:

ASMR videos help my insomnia.

Beware though, some of them are new age hypnosis videos.

I dont have insomnia I just can't sleep:red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

Just kidding!Seriously though,I don't require much sleep, never have- been this way since I can remember & I wouldnt want it any other way

Ask Ladypearltree- she's the same way.... If I sleep 5 or more hours I drag, its waaay too much and I dont like it

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I know,I'm off Topic again!!!

@Hidden In Himpplease forgive me for yapping so much lately......:wub:

• Haha 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

20 minutes ago, Hidden In Him said:

Hmmm...

The passage is here:

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

I think "giving them over" implies allowing them to believe and act as they wish, yes, and also that they were being given over to the influence of demonic spirits as well, because Paul used the word "uncleanness" in the passage, which was an understood reference to demonic (i.e. "unclean") spirits. But it might be going a bit too far to be saying they are "sealed unto damnation," unless you mean by it that their freewill is still intact. I think demonic spirits are a type of "seal" of spiritual certification much like the Holy Spirit is for believers, but I think neither is a permanent declaration of ownership. I think freewill is still always in play, though with some - should they refuse God time and time again - their number of remaining good opportunities may be dwindling away. 

And maybe you are correct and this is the only reason any ever come to Christ at all.

When God " gives someone over" to something maybe it isn't necessarily permanent, even though I often see those people never turning around, especially since everyone around them is constantly affirming their behavior, even the laws of the land.

When a person is handed over or given to the devil, I guess until their last breath it isn't technically over. In reality though, how many people have we known who really change? Most people never change. I have seen a few exceptions. Sometimes it takes a wakeup call. Look at Freddy Mercury, Elton John and Ellen DeGeneres. All loud,proud and in our faces. In Ellen's case millions of housewives adored her every day. If ever there were modern day stories of "The Emporer's New Clothes" this is it. We will all just ignore the delusion that everything is ok.

There will always be those 'what if' stories. "Maybe while on their deathbed" they repented.  I guess anything is possible but highly unlikely.

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I dont have insomnia I just can't sleep:red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

Just kidding!Seriously though,I don't require much sleep, never have- been this way since I can remember & I wouldnt want it any other way

Ask Ladypearltree- she's the same way.... If I sleep 5 or more hours I drag, its waaay too much and I dont like it

What's off topic anymore? If I am not responding to a topic in the first few frames I am usually not understood for responding to the OP anyway since nearly all threads take on a life of their own,

When I was working 10-12 hours at P.O. and 4 hour shift at Wally World and trying to write scripts for 2 films and 1 TV show... I did good sometimes getting sleep for 2 hours before another 16-18 hour day.

Told myself I didn't need much sleep...

Then I got to where I could sleep and with the help of ASMR I did sleep.

7-8 hours a night makes a HUGE difference on how the next day will be!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

I know,I'm off Topic again!!!

@Hidden In Himpplease forgive me for yapping so much lately......:wub:

I'm a vet of forum life at this point, so I know how it goes.

Yap all you want, LoL. If your yapping is at me and it becomes too much to read, I'll just engage in a little selective reading and tell you, "Excellent Post!!!" :shades_smile:

• Haha 3