• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 6/30/2022 at 7:29 AM, Kat70s said:

I'm living overseas and pretty much by myself.

I grew up independent Baptist and there are NONE here in Finland. 

I've tried some of the English churches and while nice, it's just not the same. I'm still learning Finnish so my options for Finnish services are limited.

I've always enjoyed the online community and felt fellowship on here, etc.

I am just wondering if it's common to feel lonely sometimes...

I'm not interested in movies or music, and seem to more in common with Muslim people here than other Christians.

Just at a loss I suppose...I have been thinking of moving back to USA and getting my CNA training...but I feel God wants me here..

Katrina 

Thank you for your service!

Nursing is an extremely vital calling and profession.

The thing about being Christian means you are never alone. There are times of isolation from human beings, but the Spirit of God lives in you:

1 Corinthians 3:16 (AV)
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

The thing is... we seldom experience the fulfilling indwelling of the Holy Spirit with our other 5 senses.

And emotions tend to cloud our experience and judgment.

Like when we fall ill, we feel like we are never going to get better (even though we do).

One thing I have noticed / experienced over the decades is that Christians (though well meaning) tend to be

hard to be around... at least sometimes.

IMHO, there is a Tower of Babel aspect to being a Christian to prevent us from clotting together rather than

disseminating the Gospel to the lost world in every generation.

• Praise God! 1

Additionally, the Lord may have an outreach ministry to Muslims

calling for you... ???

It's between Him and you...

• Well Said! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Kat

Welcome to Worthy......I will be praying for you to listen(& hear) Gods Still Small Voice on these matters,pray Discernment because I know the enemy would love to keep you where you should not  or need not be......remember to ask for confirmation,by 2 or 3 witnesses & the Word of God!

Kat,you mentioned you are more comfortable with the muslims than with some Christians there,I'm just going to give you a little food for thought & hope you consider my words.....Comfortable with preaching the Gospel to these folks? Comfortable professing Jesus is your Lord ,your Savior & God the SON? Comfortable saying the God of Abraham,Isaac & Jacob is the One True Living God ,allah is a false god? Comfortable saying muhammed ,muhammed,muhammed is not the name above every NAME,Jesus is-he was just a man? 

I would never expect you to say most of the things I just said but I think you get the point,you are comfortable carnally because of how they dress,they are reserved but let me assure you,they will not be quiet & polite if you preached Jesus.....you are an infidel to them & should be killed.....dont forget it

Personally,I get the feeling you dont belong there,I will certainly pray about this and for your Direction & Guidance...with all of my heart.......and I pray the spirit of lonliness be bound & cast away in Jesus Name,you are alone in a strange land but alone is different than lonely.....just be patient & trust in the Lord because His Will is not that we should be an island,He Will send who you need,when you need & what you need in His Perfect Time!!!!

With love-in Christ ,Kwik

Thanks so much for the reply! I agree, it is hard for me to do discernment. My brain and my heart tend to go in opposite directions!

You brought up a good point and my parents had said the same thing. I think the common bond is just being an immigrant, not the religious aspect. I'm not very good at reading social situations. I've been thinking more about the past situations...

Thank you for the reply and for praying for me!

Katrina 

• Praying! 1

6 hours ago, JohnD said:

Thank you for your service!

Nursing is an extremely vital calling and profession.

The thing about being Christian means you are never alone. There are times of isolation from human beings, but the Spirit of God lives in you:

1 Corinthians 3:16 (AV)
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

The thing is... we seldom experience the fulfilling indwelling of the Holy Spirit with our other 5 senses.

And emotions tend to cloud our experience and judgment.

Like when we fall ill, we feel like we are never going to get better (even though we do).

One thing I have noticed / experienced over the decades is that Christians (though well meaning) tend to be

hard to be around... at least sometimes.

IMHO, there is a Tower of Babel aspect to being a Christian to prevent us from clotting together rather than

disseminating the Gospel to the lost world in every generation.

Thanks! I would like to study to be a nurse maybe in Finland too...I am just sort of ??? at my life path at this moment I suppose. I am working to learn the language but feel like I am in a rut.

True! I was telling my sister today that I get so melodramatic sometimes when I'm feeling bad it's just embarrassing. I do try and keep that in check. I am glad I can contact her online, that is always nice to hear her.

The tower of babel observation is GOOD! I agree to that and thanks! 

I appreciate your reply!

Katrina 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

Additionally, the Lord may have an outreach ministry to Muslims

calling for you... ???

It's between Him and you...

I have wondered the same thing...many of the women I've talked to can relate to my life story (married too young, oppression, etc). 

I should pray for that is what God wants for me!

Thanks! :)

Katrina

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,228
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hey.. .I remember in collage I use to love to just take walks at night.. very nice and peaceful. I was singing to Him "soon and very soon we are going to see the king". After a few times He said soon and very soon you.. soon and very soon I am going to see the king. He made it personal. Yes many know this feeling but..oh you are SO not alone.  I also lol remember when my wife first started her job and wanted more Christian friends for she had none there. So we prayed.. wow she has so many now.

So as others said we will pray together as touching anything and the Father WILL not maybe not might but WILL answer in Jesus name. But again right now your not alone... keep talking to Him.. as you would your best friend.. KNOW He hears you KNOW He answers.. and hold on.. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

1 hour ago, Kat70s said:

Thanks so much for the reply! I agree, it is hard for me to do discernment. My brain and my heart tend to go in opposite directions!

You brought up a good point and my parents had said the same thing. I think the common bond is just being an immigrant, not the religious aspect. I'm not very good at reading social situations. I've been thinking more about the past situations...

Thank you for the reply and for praying for me!

Katrina 

Hi Again & Gods Blessings to you Katrina( beautiful name)

Oh yes,both our heart& our mind will inevitably get us into trouble! This is why we need to walk in Spirit & in Truth so we can access the Heart & Mind of Christ Jesus!

Its so important that you feed your spirit with Gods Word and keep your eyes fixed on Jesus,don't get distracted

When Peter saw Jesus he was so excited he jumped out of the boat and walked on the water just as Jesus was doing. Then he was distracted by the storm,the wind,the waves & he saw the ocean below his feet....& he began sinking

Yes,keep your focus on our Lord & Savior and He Will Keep you from sinking. It will be well Sister- trust in the Lord

With love in Christ,Kwik

4 hours ago, Kat70s said:

I have wondered the same thing...many of the women I've talked to can relate to my life story (married too young, oppression, etc). 

I should pray for that is what God wants for me!

Thanks! :)

Katrina

Remember, greater is He who lives in you

than he that lives in the world.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,204
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  99

On 6/30/2022 at 6:29 AM, Kat70s said:

I am just wondering if it's common to feel lonely sometimes...

Yes, it is. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

Yes, it is. 

I appreciate your reply, thanks! It is comforting knowing I'm not alone in this!

Katrina