• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Slibhin said:

Finland is an interesting culture. You can have a room of ten friends and none of them speaking. When Fins go outside Finland to do business they actually prepare with classes teaching them how to make small talk.

They also have a big sauna culture and they will have business meetings and functions there. Fins will sauna totally undressed with their friends, even opposite sex friends.

When I first went on a gig there, just after I got married, I refused to go to one because it was both men and women and my religion forbids it. They all laughed at my prudish attitude but were otherwise very understanding and easy going about it.

I had no idea about the classes for small talk lol! It makes sense though. For Americans it's just so easy to do chitchat! 

Oh yeah, no sauna time with the opposite sex. I wear a towel too!

It's been great you've had experience with the Finns, and I appreciate your insight! Thanks!

Katrina

5 hours ago, JohnD said:

Remember, greater is He who lives in you

than he that lives in the world.

Thanks for this! It is a thing to remember!

I need to spend more time in the New Testament as well!

Katrina

8 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Hi Again & Gods Blessings to you Katrina( beautiful name)

Oh yes,both our heart& our mind will inevitably get us into trouble! This is why we need to walk in Spirit & in Truth so we can access the Heart & Mind of Christ Jesus!

Its so important that you feed your spirit with Gods Word and keep your eyes fixed on Jesus,don't get distracted

When Peter saw Jesus he was so excited he jumped out of the boat and walked on the water just as Jesus was doing. Then he was distracted by the storm,the wind,the waves & he saw the ocean below his feet....& he began sinking

Yes,keep your focus on our Lord & Savior and He Will Keep you from sinking. It will be well Sister- trust in the Lord

With love in Christ,Kwik

Thank you :)!

The modern world is too distracting. I know I can't avoid living in it but I try not to have it around me, if that makes sense. Just focus on good things, Godly things.

I really appreciate all your responses and thanks so much!

Katrina 

• Praise God! 1

9 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Hey.. .I remember in collage I use to love to just take walks at night.. very nice and peaceful. I was singing to Him "soon and very soon we are going to see the king". After a few times He said soon and very soon you.. soon and very soon I am going to see the king. He made it personal. Yes many know this feeling but..oh you are SO not alone.  I also lol remember when my wife first started her job and wanted more Christian friends for she had none there. So we prayed.. wow she has so many now.

So as others said we will pray together as touching anything and the Father WILL not maybe not might but WILL answer in Jesus name. But again right now your not alone... keep talking to Him.. as you would your best friend.. KNOW He hears you KNOW He answers.. and hold on.. 

I am looking forward to having friends in the faith! It is definitely something I've been praying for! thanks for sharing with me!

I appreciate your reply, thanks!

Katrina

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

1 hour ago, Kat70s said:

Thank you :)!

The modern world is too distracting. I know I can't avoid living in it but I try not to have it around me, if that makes sense. Just focus on good things, Godly things.

I really appreciate all your responses and thanks so much!

Katrina 

Good Morning Katrina

Its really a pleasure to talk with you.....the moment you meet the right people or person( the Brethren)they will love you,you have a lovely disposition and seem very sweet & kind

You are making perfectly good sense btw

You've already made friends in the faith right here & much more than that ( Family).... That's just for starters, you'll see:emot-hug:

• Loved it! 1

22 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Good Morning Katrina

Its really a pleasure to talk with you.....the moment you meet the right people or person( the Brethren)they will love you,you have a lovely disposition and seem very sweet & kind

You are making perfectly good sense btw

You've already made friends in the faith right here & much more than that ( Family).... That's just for starters, you'll see:emot-hug:

aw thanks so much! I appreciate it! :)

Thank you for all the replies and insight, it is truly appreciated!

Katrina 

• Praise God! 1

21 hours ago, Slibhin said:

I'm a model and I get send all over the place. Right now I have a contract job in Canada.

I've worked in most of Europe as well as Japan.

I remember about ten of us girls, all on modeling contracts, sitting in a sauna and half could not speak English. One girl was from China, one was from Israel, a couple from Belgium and so on. Still a lot of fun. I love Finland.

Oh that is really neat! You must get to see the world!

Thanks for the replies, I do appreciate it!

Kat

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/1/2022 at 8:45 PM, JohnD said:

Remember, greater is He who lives in you

than he that lives in the world.

Just want to advise (warn) that at times we can become overly empathetic to those who are

outside the will of God / divine intention for their lives... that we adopt the philosophies and

practices ourselves.

I have encountered Muslims (among others) most of my adult life and do perceive their sincerity.

Sincerity however, is no indication of truth.

A baker at Marie Calendar's restaurant sincerely believed he used sugar in the pie he baked one day

(that we purchased) but rather used salt. It was inedible. But he was sincere. 

I would recommend you study about the Muslim religion from sources like Dr. Bob Morey or Dr. Ravi Zacharias

so you can lovingly teach them about the religion they believe (which was at least originally a religion at the point

of a sword). And I would also admonish you to ramp up your Christian studies of the Bible to grow in your faith and

knowledge why you believe what you believe. And have prayer partners ever praying for you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Birthday:  08/03/1958

On 6/30/2022 at 8:29 AM, Kat70s said:

I'm living overseas and pretty much by myself.

I grew up independent Baptist and there are NONE here in Finland. 

I've tried some of the English churches and while nice, it's just not the same. I'm still learning Finnish so my options for Finnish services are limited.

I've always enjoyed the online community and felt fellowship on here, etc.

I am just wondering if it's common to feel lonely sometimes...

I'm not interested in movies or music, and seem to more in common with Muslim people here than other Christians.

Just at a loss I suppose...I have been thinking of moving back to USA and getting my CNA training...but I feel God wants me here..

Katrina 

Acts 17 :20-25. Paul was waiting for some friends to show up but the spirit stirred him.. He ended up speaking to the locals about a statue set up for an unknown  God. Point is he didn't know that is why he was there. But once there, after being stirred by the spirit,  he knew that God wanted him there.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

15 hours ago, JohnD said:

Just want to advise (warn) that at times we can become overly empathetic to those who are

outside the will of God / divine intention for their lives... that we adopt the philosophies and

practices ourselves.

I have encountered Muslims (among others) most of my adult life and do perceive their sincerity.

Sincerity however, is no indication of truth.

A baker at Marie Calendar's restaurant sincerely believed he used sugar in the pie he baked one day

(that we purchased) but rather used salt. It was inedible. But he was sincere. 

I would recommend you study about the Muslim religion from sources like Dr. Bob Morey or Dr. Ravi Zacharias

so you can lovingly teach them about the religion they believe (which was at least originally a religion at the point

of a sword). And I would also admonish you to ramp up your Christian studies of the Bible to grow in your faith and

knowledge why you believe what you believe. And have prayer partners ever praying for you.

I liked the baker story, and it is said to much added sugar is bad for ya, the baker didn't even think about that gees clogging the arteries even more hehe.. guess there is sugar and salt in beliefs as well.

Oddly enough islam started in the belief of one God.

Mohammed was spreading the idea in pagan land where he lived going back to the old scripture ways, the pagans persecuted him and the belief in one God rather than multiple gods.

As the story goes, I think he had no issues with the multiple gods belief until something changed by who or what is interesting, 

Can satan cast out satan?

Edited by BeyondET