IGNORED

Did God become wiser as He cancelled the clean and unclean food which gave no spiritual benefit

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

Imagine if eating locust beetle and grasshopper was a requirement not just a option for food in the Bible. Ugh that would be hard to swallow for sure.

Cancelation was probably because eventually McDonald's would be on every corner.

Edited by BeyondET

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

4 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I didn’t add the parentheses. 
Besides the Vision of St. Peter suffices:

“Acts 10:9-16

Peter’s Vision

[9] The next day, as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. [10] And he became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while they were preparing it, he fell into a trance [11] and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth. [12] In it were all kinds of animals and reptiles and birds of the air. [13] And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” [14] But Peter said, “By no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.” [15] And the voice came to him again a second time, “What God has made clean, do not call common.” [16] This happened three times, and the thing was taken up at once to heaven.” 

Yep as I expected a typical response. This passage is not about food!!! Read the rest of the chapter for context let me help you.

Acts 10:25-28 NKJ

25 As Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him.
 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, "Stand up; I myself am also a man."
 27 And as he talked with him, he went in and found many who had come together.
 28 Then he said to them, "You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean. 

It is about people. God was showing and teaching Peter that all people are made clean by the blood of Yeshua, nothing to do with food. He was breaking Jewish customs and oral Law also known as the traditions of the elders which is not God's Law, it was their own laws and customs which is what Yeshua came against all the time not the Law of God. Yeshua is the Law of God, He is the Word made flesh.

How did God show him? By the vision of the sheet using unclean foods as an example nothing in this passage teaches that it is Ok to eat unclean food it is teaching the Jews all men and women are acceptable and are clean in Messiah if they choose to be.

Shalom.

Please have ears to hear.

13 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

Imagine if eating locust beetle and grasshopper was a requirement not just a option for food in the Bible. Ugh that would be hard to swallow for sure.

Cancelation was probably because eventually McDonald's would be on every corner.

Ask John the Baptist. Ask him what he ate.

Shalom

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Ancient said:

Ask John the Baptist. Ask him what he ate.

Shalom

Yea it probably was tasty to him but not my first choice of protein lol.

If he would of offered me some I'd say no thanks.

Edited by BeyondET

6 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

Yea it probably was tasty to him but not my first choice of protein lol.

If he would of offered me some I'd say no thanks.

Yep understand however it is eaten today in many countries and cultures. Maybe dipped in honey or chocolate will help. Who knows the way the world is going and many wanting to stop clean meat production we might have to rely on the locusts and grasshoppers especially when the Book of Revelation plays out. Oh Yahweh help us and if it comes to eating locusts and grasshoppers make it taste good.

https://worthychristianforums-h45go6maxh5rpepgu.netdna-ssl.com/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png

Shalom

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Ancient said:

Yep understand however it is eaten today in many countries and cultures. Maybe dipped in honey or chocolate will help. Who knows the way the world is going and many wanting to stop clean meat production we might have to rely on the locusts and grasshoppers especially when the Book of Revelation plays out. Oh Yahweh help us and if it comes to eating locusts and grasshoppers make it taste good.

https://worthychristianforums-h45go6maxh5rpepgu.netdna-ssl.com/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png

Shalom

I hope not I'd probably starve to death popping a grasshopper for food i just can't mentally accept it but you never know people can eat people under extreme conditions also, so it wouldn't be to far fatch to say man may end up eating man for food near the time revelation plays out, all the food from animals from sea to land be gone along with the locust and grasshoppers

Edited by BeyondET
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

On 7/1/2022 at 6:26 AM, R. Hartono said:

If you can love God and others as much as you love your Belly do you still need Law

Are you wiser than God?

He provided the Law, He said it will never pass away, so what do you think.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

No.  God cannot become wiser since it is impossible for him to learn anything. The reason Christians are not bound by the old Jewish laws is because the culture is completely different.  When the law was given,  the people were new to God and the rules were given to make mingling with neighboring nations impossible.  It wasn't so much about holiness as it was about keeping them totally separate from all the nations around them.  By the time Jesus came,  such laws were no longer necessary as the people knew how to keep separate from the pagans around them.  Besides,  unlike the Jews, Christians are not supposed to stay away from pagans. We are supposed to affect them for righteousness and teach them the ways of God.