Brother Notlad

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,195
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  98

Whomever the Lord sees fit to use according to His purpose, let that one be received.  Their words and conduct should be judged by their own merit; fairly and without respect of persons. 

That's my position on the matter. The Lord has sent both brothers and sisters my way and I received them gladly. The only ones who make this complicated are us. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/16/2022 at 4:28 AM, Brother Notlad said:

Do you believe the Bible gives women the authority to preach? Why or why not?  

Scripture plainly and clearly teaches that God calls women to preach. There is as much controversy regarding the subject, whether God calls women to preach as there is on all other doctrinal issues. Thankfully, as always, the Scriptures clear up this question like they do all others matters if we will but believe the Bible.

In the gospel there were several woman messengers who proclaimed the good news (Matt. 28:1-10; Luke 24:9-11; John 4:28-30; 20:16-18). Is proclaiming the good news preaching??

There is nothing in Scripture which says women cannot be used by God to further His work on this Earth?

Regarding these end time days, in Acts we have a prediction that God will pour out of His Spirit in the last days "UPON ALL FLESH; and your sons and DAUGHTERS shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; and upon my servants and upon my HANDMAIDENS I will pour out of my Spirit and they will prophesy." Prophesying is explained in 1 Cor. 14:3-4 as "speaking unto MEN to edification and exhortation and comfort." Thats preaching, teaching, praying, in anyones language. and God says He will pour out His Spirit upon men and WOMEN to enable them to do this!

These following passages prove to any unbiased mind that prophesying is for the church which has men and WOMEN members (1 Cor. 12:1-13; 14:1-6, 12, 24-26, 29-33).

In Acts 21:8-9 we read Philip had four daughters that did prophecy or preach in the early church.

In Romans 16 we have Phebe, Priscilla, Mary Junia, Tryphosa, Persis, all female names, women mentioned as laborers in the gospel.

In Phil. 4:2-3 we have Euodias and Syntyche, two women who are emntioned as leaders in the local church at Philippi. They are referred to as "those WOMEN which labored with me in the Gospel."

Paul speaks of the Corinthian women prophesying and praying in church (1 Cor. 11:4; 14:1-5, 23-26).

When Paul said for women to "keep silence in the church" he was not speaking of women prophesying or praying, but he referred to asking their husbands certain things at church.

He said, "If they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home" and not in the church (1 Cor. 14:34-35). But that they could speak and prophecy and pray in church is clear from 1 Cor. 11:4; 14:3-4, 23-26; and Acts 2:16-21.

Women have been used in all ages by God, Read there Scriptures and some men can disbelieve them if they want, but who realy cares? Its the Scriptures which matter and not what some men think. (Ex. 15:20; Judges 4:4; 2 Kings 22:14; 2 Chron. 34:22; Neh. 6:14; Isa. 8:3; Luke 1:39-56; 2:36).

God is soverign and He can use a woman when He pleases and He does not have to ask some mere man whom He should use and whether He should use a women or man. And most women I have heard have made more sense regarding doctrine than most men I have ever heard regarding doctrine or the actual Word of God?

Leaving the question of women aside regarding their Christian walk and what motivates them regarding God's Word, we can just as easily ask, "What dominates the average male Christians life regarding God's Word?"

It is not the major sins of the flesh that men permit to dominate them, but it is the sin of constantly doubting God and His Word that destroys the truth and men’s relationship with Him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Joyce Meyer’s Ministry Beliefs:

“What We Believe

Statement of Faith

The Bible is the infallible Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, and contains every answer to man's problems.

2 Timothy 3:16,17; 2 Peter 1:20, 21

There is one God, existing eternally in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. 

John 10:30; John 14:26; Philippians 2:5-7

God is Love and He loves all people. It is His desire to reach out to those who are poor, oppressed, widowed or orphaned, and to heal the brokenhearted.

Psalm 68:5,6; 1 John 4:16

Man is created in the image of God but separated from God by sin. Without Jesus we cannot have a relationship with God.

Genesis 1:26; 1 Timothy 2:5

We can have a personal relationship with God through salvation, God's free gift to man. It is not a result of what we do, but it is only available through God's unearned favor. By admitting we have sinned and believing in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, and accepting Him as Lord, we can spend eternity with God.

Ephesians 2:8,9; Romans 5:1; Romans 3:24

We believe in water baptism, as taught and demonstrated by Jesus, as the way for believers to identify with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.

Matthew 28:19; Romans 6:4; Matthew 3:13-17

The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a gift from God. He helps empower the believer to develop the character of Christ and live every day in God's will.

Matthew 3:11; Acts 2:4

God gives all believers spiritual gifts. They are for the strengthening of God's people (the Church) and proof of God's existence and power to unbelievers. The gifts of the Spirit are active and relevant today.

1 Corinthians 12:4-11; 1 Peter 4:10

Sanctification is the ongoing process of allowing God's character to be developed in us.

Romans 6:19; Galatians 5:22-25

^^^ I am curious this one. If she means regeneration, I understand, but I believe Jesus sanctified us one for all time. 

Divine healing is active in the lives of people today through Jesus, who is the Healer. Healing includes physical, mental, emotional and spiritual restoration. 

Luke 9:11; Matthew 9:35; Acts 10:38; Matthew 10:1

The Bible describes hell as a real place. It is a place of suffering and a place of permanent separation from God for those who die without accepting Christ. God's desire is that no one be separated from Him for eternity, which is why He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to earth. 

Hebrews 9:27; Revelation 20:12-15; John 3:16-18

God instituted marriage between a genetic male and genetic female as the foundation of the family, the basic structure of human society. God commands that no intimate sexual activity be engaged other than in the context of marriage between a man and a woman. 

Genesis 2:24; Mark 10:6-9;  Romans 1:26-29; I Corinthians 6:9;  I Thessalonians 4:1-8;  Hebrews 13:4

Jesus will return and take all those who have accepted Him as Savior to be with Him for eternity. 

Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17; Hebrews 9:28

Source: 

https://joycemeyer.org/about/what-we-believe

TAG: @Omegaman 3.0 

@missmuffet

Suit yourself. She is a false teacher. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Sources please. If you make a claim someone is a false teacher, provide the evidence. 

I will examine the evidence. 

https://carm.org/preachers-and-teachers/joyce-meyer/

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

7 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Yes, and I thought it was responsible to point out, that Joyce is not a great example to use as a model supporting the legitimacy of women teachers, without expressing a position on that issue myself. My thought is that if you want to make a case for women teachers, find one with a sterling reputation, not one who is criticized as a false teacher. She is not the topic, yet the majority of recent posts in this thread, are now about her. If you want to discuss her, you can always start a thread, like 

"Joyce Meyer, good teacher or not?"

Then you will find out what others think, and probably a lot of examples/sources. That there happens to be so much criticism of her, indicates that she lacks the reputation she should have as a leader.

I am guessing that you could not be bothered to follow my suggestion to google for yourself, instead, you want me to do the work. As I said, I am not interested in the assignment, it is easy for you do check yourself. You said you would examine the evidence, so, examine the evidence, and decide for yourself, but this is not a joyce meyer thread, so I an not going to help you make it one!

On the other hand, if you do examine the evidence, and find that it is not credible, I am willing to examine the evidence that you have for it not being credible, I think that is fair, but that ought to be on a thread about her, not about women in leadership in general, that is my opinion.

Do I have a prejudice? Yes, my wife used to be involved in Joyce Meyer Bible studies through our church. I was looking over the materials, and several times discovered her (Joyce) making assertions that are anti-Biblical, that is my duty as a husband to help my wife not get lead astray.

Edit: OK here:

See if this starts you on the path of examination, has most of what I said, maybe all of it!

I’ll examine this. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Suit yourself. She is a false teacher. 

I was sharing what her official positions are on doctrines according to her minstry site. 

Remeber brethern, we are called to “test all things,” but also not to slander either, “So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander,” (1 Peter 2:1), “To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people,” (Titus 3:2), and “But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment.” (Matthew 12:36)

If you do not have proof of error, you run the risk of defamation suite from Joyce Meyer’s Ministries. Be warned, you gotta have concrete evidence to prove someone is a false teacher or its defamation. 

And why if you have proof do you not seek to contact her and address it? If someone lapses into error, it behooves those in orthodoxy to help them return to the Truth. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/1958

On 7/16/2022 at 10:32 AM, Sower said:

My wife also teaches in her women's weekly group at rotating to each different home. She has been teaching children and youth boys and girls for over forty years at church. Like myself she believes it is not biblically right for her to teach men, much less preach to them, nor would she feel comfortable doing so. When we have friends or family gatherings discussing scripture her knowledge of scripture comes out showing her wisdom. But from a "woman's" view, as she sees it, and rightly so.

When I am online and maybe searching a particular subject on u-tube for some insight to a particular scripture I occasionally  may come across a women teacher. When listening to them some how I 'feel' uneasy or a lack of being on the same mind set, as if she is talking to the feminine woman's view/understanding, great for a woman but not for the male mindset. I am not comfortable and sense(my spirit leading) I am being disobedient. And there are some male teacher/preachers I also get a spirit warning to beware.

We will reap what we sow...

God created male and female. Contrary to modern foolish beliefs about that, it is the creator who made us that knows they are different, not just physically and biologically, but mentally and emotionally. (Praise God!! :unsure:)
I think there is a reason we should pay attention to instruction when the bible speaks.
Have you noticed today how the male population has slowly become more effeminate, like in the rainbow crowd.

THE RAINBOW CROWD?! WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?  Christian Folk understand that to mean Gods Promise.  What do you think it means? 

And what why does a woman have to be less than before you can be more manly?

The man was made from scratch.  The woman, from man, was made from a part taken from  man. Chickens were made here, cows were made over there. Mankind, male and female,  made from here..one mold. 

John 1:1, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 

John 1:14,  14, And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 

Philippians 2: 6-8, Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 
    7, But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 
    8, And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 

He became a man, so that He could die on the cross for our sins.

As God, He could not ever die, but as a man He could die.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/21/1943

All written words can be interpreted and twisted to any reader's slant on things, so I am always open minded and form my own opinions.

ALL men and women were born from a woman and that indicates to me that we are ALL equal in the eyes of G-d. Therefor either can spread the word of G-d without exception. 

12 hours ago, Solly said:

All written words can be interpreted and twisted to any reader's slant on things, so I am always open minded and form my own opinions.

ALL men and women were born from a woman and that indicates to me that we are ALL equal in the eyes of G-d. Therefor either can spread the word of G-d without exception. 

Hi Solly.

Why do you write G-d. It says God in the Holy Word of God.

Exodus 6:7 
"And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God:  and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians."