• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,199
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The simple rule to anything that makes sin, evil or any of the byproducts of lie necessary is a false teaching... the overall arching Biblical truth is that eternity past there existed no sin and in the eternal future same... so just how necessary is it now?

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,956
  • Content Per Day:  5.47
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

Not a fan of Joyce Meyer because she is a bit sloppy in expressing theology, but there is nothing really glaring wrong with her.  I have sat for a number of her sermons.   The accusations against her really don't have any foundation.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

Thanks. Its 78 pages on Amazon Kindle. I’ll buy it and read it and report back. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

5 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Uh I posted the claims people made about her, and then shared her own video that debunked two of those claims. 

Its not love of a speaker. I actually haven’t watched Joyce in years. I made it my duty to investigate heretical claims against her, to see if what lots of people said was true, because Scripture tells us slander is evil, 

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers.” (James 4:11) 

“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.” (Exodus 20:16)

To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.” (Titus 3:2) 

“So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander.” (1 Peter 2:1) 

“nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.” (1 Corinthians 6:10) 

I take these verses very seriously as I do all Scripture, that slandering is evil. Again if you have concrete proof of heresy, and wish to fight it, then that is fine. 

But allegations against a sister in Christ, Joyce Meyer, have been made that have been proven to be unfounded by her own words on her own ministry: 

I believe the Church is tearing itself apart with slander, gossip, and accusing one another:

But if you are always biting and devouring one another, watch out! Beware of destroying one another.” (Galatians 5:15) 

Your mind may be made up. Mine isn't. 

I don't spend my time defending or discrediting people. I listen to pastors like John Mcarthur who are not afraid to expose sin for that it is.

The larger responsibility will lay on those person's who lead hundreds of thousands of other people. When a person claims they are led to lead others they have a far more demanding responsibility.

If I only ever taught Matthew as a teacher I would be committing the sin of omission. Some teachers choose to stay on certain subjects, unfortunately because this is beneficial to them to remain culturally accepted. These people often want numbers, not souls because numbers mean money. Would Joyce be in this if she made 40,000 dollars a year at it?

The Bible teaches some were teaching the word for vain reasons. God still used his word but He judged those people  I think Joyce is very selective in what she teaches and I don't have a good feeling about her so I will not ever endorse or watch her. 

If others disagree , then do what you feel led to do. I have zero interest in her for various reasons.  The only dog I have in this fight is my own and no other.

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Starise said:

Your mind may be made up. Mine isn't. 

I don't spend my time defending or discrediting people. I listen to pastors like John Mcarthur who are not afraid to expose sin for that it is.

The larger responsibility will lay on those person's who lead hundreds of thousands of other people. When a person claims they are led to lead others they have a far more demanding responsibility.

If I only ever taught Matthew as a teacher I would be committing the sin of omission. Some teachers choose to stay on certain subjects, unfortunately because this is beneficial to them to remain culturally accepted. These people often want numbers, not souls because numbers mean money. Would Joyce be in this if she made 40,000 dollars a year at it?

The Bible teaches some were teaching the word for vain reasons. God still used his word but He judged those people  I think Joyce is very selective in what she teaches and I don't have a good feeling about her so I will not ever endorse or watch her. 

If others disagree , then do what you feel led to do. I have zero interest in her for various reasons.  The only dog I have in this fight is my own and no other.

My mind isn’t made up. I am examinimg facts. 

I shared the video where Joyce herself in her own words affirms Jesus is the Son of God and we keep sinning (that she does not say she isn’t a sinner). 

I am now going to read her book where people claim she wrote about Jesus going hell and being tormented, to see if she says that. I paid 7.99 USD to read and confirm or disprove if that claim against her is true or false. 

As always its about quality of evidence and sources. That is what matters. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

4 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Well said, brother. I believe that the accusations and slander swirling about are a manifestation of a peculiar allegorical illustration which we find extant in scripture:

The metallurgical allegory of silver refined in the fire by the Lord. The dross (impurity) inherent in the ore floats to the surface, where it is removed by the master craftsman. Our Master Craftsman is God Himself, of course.

It's good that these things come to light. :) 

In this case the OP was asking if Joyce Meyer is a false teacher. On the basis of that question I believe any answer is fair game, not just the ones we agree with.

I for one, will not feel bad about giving an answer, no matter how much pressure is on here to do otherwise. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

@Starise

You might enjoy angus buchan. 

https://www.angusbuchan.co.za/

I have read some of his stuff and I think he is sound and well worth reading. I have not tried listening to his stuff though. I tend to keep the sound off my computer.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Starise said:

In this case the OP was asking if Joyce Meyer is a false teacher. On the basis of that question I believe any answer is fair game, not just the ones we agree with.

I for one, will not feel bad about giving an answer, no matter how much pressure is on here to do otherwise. 

Of course, you must answer with your conscious. This thread would be dull if no one disagreed. In disagreeing we often learn more. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/05/1989

6 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Uh I posted the claims people made about her, and then shared her own video that debunked two of those claims. 

Then I said

"I have a simple question. How are we to know that you have fairly represented the claims and not misrepresented them? Shouldn't the same standard apply to you that you want from others? Maybe your assertions are inaccurate or taken out of context. Were these claims made in these forums?"

Never mind, I found it for myself. Omegaman 3.0 said:

Joyce has said, she is not a sinner. She has said that anyone who does not believe that Jesus went to Hell cannot be saved. She has said that when Jesus becames sin, He stopped being the Son of God. She has said that Jesus was born again. She had a version of the prosperity gospel, though I think she has repented of that.

So notice what Omegaman said:

Joyce has said
She has said
She has said
She has said
She had a version

Notice any similarities in the tenses of his comments? There are all past tense, and do not allege that she currently hold these views, or that she has never said anything which indicates that she things otherwise now.

If that is the case [and it is] then  Fidei Defensor has not done what he [or she] claims they have done. Then have not demonstrated the accusations to be false or refuted anything about them.

What he or she has shown is that Joyce Myer might be singing a different song now. Even that is not evidence that she has repented of past bad or sloppy theology, it only proves that she has not been consistent over the years.

Now if there is evidence somewhere of Joyce saying things like such as "you know when I said that, I was wrong and I apologize for misleading you" or "when I said that, what I really meant was". 

That would be good evidence of her current theology being better, but it would not remove those errors in her past history. Omegaman's accusations were about her saying things in the past that shows she had not been a good teacher, and that as such she should not be held in high regard as an example of why women should teach.

Now in as much as that is the case, I think an apology to Omegaman is probably in order, for misrepresenting what he said, which so far may well be right on the money. Perhaps a more thoughtful and accurate analysis is in order, one with less much emotional investment in the topic.

Interesting thread though, by the way!