• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, MissTury said:

Then I said

"I have a simple question. How are we to know that you have fairly represented the claims and not misrepresented them? Shouldn't the same standard apply to you that you want from others? Maybe your assertions are inaccurate or taken out of context. Were these claims made in these forums?"

Never mind, I found it for myself. Omegaman 3.0 said:

So notice what Omegaman said:

Joyce has said
She has said
She has said
She has said
She had a version

Notice any similarities in the tenses of his comments? There are all past tense, and do not allege that she currently hold these views, or that she has never said anything which indicates that she things otherwise now.

If that is the case [and it is] then  Fidei Defensor has not done what he [or she] claims they have done. Then have not demonstrated the accusations to be false or refuted anything about them.

What he or she has shown is that Joyce Myer might be singing a different song now. Even that is not evidence that she has repented of past bad or sloppy theology, it only proves that she has not been consistent over the years.

Now if there is evidence somewhere of Joyce saying things like such as "you know when I said that, I was wrong and I apologize for misleading you" or "when I said that, what I really meant was". 

That would be good evidence of her current theology being better, but it would not remove those errors in her past history. Omegaman's accusations were about her saying things in the past that shows she had not been a good teacher, and that as such she should not be held in high regard as an example of why women should teach.

Now in as much as that is the case, I think an apology to Omegaman is probably in order, for misrepresenting what he said, which so far may well be right on the money. Perhaps a more thoughtful and accurate analysis is in order, one with less much emotional investment in the topic.

Interesting thread though, by the way!

Lol I addressed the claims not Omegaman, claims that Allen Parr of The Beat addresses in his video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jHLEwALutUc

I only tackled two claims about Joyce. I used a video showing she does not hold views. No one has yet provided ample proof she did before save sound bytes I question because they are easily altered. 

If anyone has video and booo of hers making claims 1) and 2) then share em. 

But ai tire of doing all the work, reading her book to see if she said that, checking videos and soundbytes while you people hurl accusations at her and me. 

Fair Well, I really hope our mansions in heaven are far.. far.. apart, cuz I don’t want you as a neighbor. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

18 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

1) She claims Jesus is no longer The Son of God (heresy)

2)  She says she isn’t a Sinner 

This is doctrine and women are not to teach doctrine. They can prophesy, they are to be ready with a testimony for the hope that is in them. 1 Timothy 2:13 I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man.  

Older women are to teach the younger women and younger women are to teach the children. If they keep busy doing the ministry God is calling them to they will not have time to do what God is not calling them to do. 

To say women should teach the men makes as much sense as to say that older men should teach younger women. "teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children" Titus 2:4 AS a general rule men teach women they are to be a sub servant. When the Bible actually teaches it is the Husband that is to sacrifice himself for the wife as Jesus gave himself for His bride. 

I have talked to women pastors and they tell me that the men act like children. Not that they want them to, but that is the way they act. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Fair Well, I really hope our mansions in heaven are far.. far.. apart, cuz I don’t want you as a neighbor. 

Good luck with that one. I am pretty sure that a condition for getting into heaven, by definition is you have to get along with everyone that is there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Aug. 18, 2001 - 70 people die and 54 are injured in a fire at a budget hotel in Quezon City, Philippines, where they were attending a conference for Joyce Meyer Ministries and Don Clowers Ministries.

https://culteducation.com/group/1050-joyce-meyer/13426-timeline-of-joyce-meyers-life.html

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Since Fidei Defensor has chosen to leave the forums, it seem appropriate to close the thread. Leaving the forums does not mean that he cannot see this, so if you are seeing this Fidel, and you want this thread hidden from public view, just request that, and I will grant that, but you have started something here, that could be valuable for people to read both sides of this, should they be curious about the teachings and history of Mrs. Meyers. Your choice!

• Thumbs Up 2