• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

5 hours ago, Selah7 said:

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

- 2 Thessalonians 2:13-17 (KJV)

@Selah7 This is a great passage there from 2 Thess.; often forgotten in discussions about election...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

5 hours ago, Mr. M said:

After all, he is the OP of the thread! That was a good quote from Him.

I wonder, if someone has received an instruction, is it normal

to react with Oy Vey! I am not familiar, but it sounds a bit dismissive,

without actually responding to the instruction. It also sounds highly

defensive, as if offense has been taken. I fear equally for people who 

cannot receive correction as for those who cannot offer it properly.

Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual,

restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself,

lest thou also be tempted.

There is a strong spirit of that temptation swirling over this thread, 

and I pray for it to be dispersed.

agreed-I more often than not I will join in ,in the HOPE of ushering in Peace & Unity- I cannot,after much prayer I've not been compelled to partake of this " I'm right- you're wrong" spirit,spirit of pride

I've asked to see the quote from Brother enoob- maybe I'm crazy or all of a sudden I can no longer read BUT I still do not see " You can only be Born Again by reading the Bible". .. ? I cannot turn anyone's words around to see what anyone wants me to see,I have no dog in this fight.Enoob,who I well know is not going to reply here- for what?

Insults,attacks- I've yet to hear" I understand what you are saying but consider this,the full context..." Except from you.    I'm not impressed by dozens of our of context verses of Scripture,I believe I did the very same thing when I was a young Christian..... So it's best just to" kick the dust from these shoes"

God Bless you- thank you for teaching ME something this day - all Glory to God! I Humbly Appreciate it- I can never know enough❤️

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Thanks 1

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 Sounds like you found some good Scripture teaching resources there.........

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,316
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Right in the middle of the begetting we have this:

Gen 5:21-24

21 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:

22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

23 And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:

24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

KJV

Here I need to preface what we know so far:
Man has the knowledge of both good and evil (Gen 3:22) and that knowledge continued in Adams children. Seen in their sacrifices (Gen 4:4-5). One acting upon the good that they knew - God's provision of covering in the garden. The other what he, himself, thought adequate and acted upon… Abel acting upon what God had shown his parents- showing action based on God's actions verses his brothers which was self-motivated involving the fruit from God's cursed judgment. (Gen 3:17-19) By God's acceptance one boy sees he chose correctly the other incorrectly and then we see wrath in Cain. Because the boy was daily sweating and working the soil and this represented his life centered on his effort and God rejecting this= brought forth this anger. Now we see  the verbal communication of God to this anger, The Work of The Father, The Work of The Son and The Work of The Holy Spirit 

image.png.e4dcd801c17447b7f54dbc860663743d.png

The I am that I am (The Self existent Ones) and God is reasoning with Cain with what is known by Cain and is in the experience of the present circumstances Cains wrath… taking what is know within Cain and influencing toward the good and shunning the evil…

Now we know that OT saints were not permanently Holy Spirit indwelt/upon, whatever preposition you use doesn't matter, but The Holy Spirit came upon them for duties and task in line with the elective predestined plan of God. Here your soteriological understandings will drive your world view. Got Questions is Calvinistic in it's leading and we see their conclusions:
What was the role of the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament? | GotQuestions.org

As you read Got Questions you will see their soteriological bent demands for them to say that Abel was regenerated in order to obey/please God - and had to be in order to support the theological system… but the text plainly reads God is reasoning with fallen man through God's Word to do what man knows is right (good) and to deny the evil that he also knows, because it will lead him into sin and rebellion against God. We see the choice that was made and the awful detriment it was to Cain and his family line…

However, if the Calvinist are correct on regeneration aspect of The Work of God The Holy Spirit in the Old Testament~ then they create a greater theological issue as The Holy Spirit left those He indwelt. A good example is Saul

1 Samuel 10:10-11 (KJV)

[10] And when they came thither to the hill, behold, a company of prophets met him; and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them.

[11] And it came to pass, when all that knew him beforetime saw that, behold, he prophesied among the prophets, then the people said one to another, What is this that is come unto the son of Kish? Is Saul also among the prophets?

and then this

1 Samuel 16:14 (KJV)

[14] But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

The Calvinist doctrine demands them to claim regeneration must occur in order for men to hear God but they also believe in perseverance of the saints which means the above does not work with their system so they will begin to twist so that it does… instead of allowing the Scripture to lead them differently!

So now we are left The Enoch issue and if Calvinist (monergism) then Enoch was regenerated by The Holy Spirit. If Arminian (synergism) then God uses a prevenient grace along with the Word of God.  The Provisionist, which is my stance in soteriology, (synergism),

SOTERIOLOGY 101 – A Professor and former 5-Point Calvinist Discussing the Doctrines of Salvation, Election, Predestination, and God's Amazing Grace.

God uses His Word in creation
Romans 1:20 (KJV)

[20] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Just a note here: if by being born here in God's creative masterpiece, brought about by His Word… how can all be without excuse if all are not regenerated?

God uses His written Word, containing the Gospel of His salvation and the necessary of the Who of God unto sanctification…
as The Living Word (Jesus) spoke
John 15:15 (KJV)

[15] Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

49 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

I 💗💗💗...Reading the word of God,Bro!...Praise His Holy Name!!...🙏💗

Well, indeed.........

Also, there are some helpful question and answer sites around about Scriptural doctrine. In the end it's the Word itself that validates or otherwise....

• Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.53
  • Days Won:  12

23 hours ago, farouk said:

Bible study is helped by more formal versions, rather than paraphrastic ones.

I agree.  I avoid paraphrastic versions like the plague (e.g. The Living Bible and The Message).

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,316
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Gen 5:25-32

25 And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech:

26 And Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters:

27 And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.

28 And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:

29 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed.

30 And Lamech lived after he begat Noah five hundred ninety and five years, and begat sons and daughters:

31 And all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years: and he died.

32 And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
KJV

Lamech
Seventh generation from Seth. The only son of oldest man in The Bible- Methuselah. Lamech son Noah was the oldest of his several sons (Gen 5:25-31; Luke 3:36).
noting: Lamech was a 56 year of age when Adam died. Lamech died five years before the flood. All perished except Noah and his family. Lamech was 182 years old when Noah was born and Noah's Lifespan was 950 years. I don't know about you all but I would have sought out Adam and talked with him about his experiences! Lamech raised a son so that he believed God's Word and through obedience saved the human race... that is quite the legacy to say the least...

Now God in his mercy to us through Moses is going to catch us up to the times of Noah:

Gen 6:1-2

6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
KJV
We now enter another area of much discourse in study: who are these

sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair

Sons of God:                                                                       daughters of men:
image.png.9ac713e887d1ffc17d6d51e572235fc6.png

image.png.4fd0e2ad0b8aaee6057fbcbd6ffa3d09.png

image.png.42dc8f6e93b4527098de8b567b61884e.png

Option 1
The "sons of God" denote angels thus a requirement of Angels being able to procreate...  

Option 2
Powerful men of rule by command of men of war

Option 3
The Line of Seth where men began to call upon God.

continued...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  1

I did not read everything in this thread, since it blew up from when I last viewed it.

That said, the whole thread seems to start from an equivocation of the "Word" (Logos) and the written words of Scripture. I have not seen an adequate explanation from the OP as to why these are treated as equivalent.

32 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

https://www.gotquestions.org/img/gq-kidz.svghttps://www.gotquestions.org/img/print.svghttps://www.gotquestions.org/img/volume.svg

ANSWER

Favoritism is partiality or bias. To show favoritism is to give preference to one person over others with equal claims. It is similar to discrimination and may be based on conditions such as social class, wealth, clothing, actions, etc.

The Bible is clear that favoritism is not God’s will for our lives. First, favoritism is incongruent with God’s character: “God does not show favoritism” (Romans 2:11). All are equal before Him. Ephesians 6:9 says, “There is no favoritism with him.” Colossians 3:25 teaches God’s fairness in judgment: “Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for his wrong, and there is no favoritism.”

Second, the Bible teaches Christians are not to show favoritism: “My brothers, as believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ, don’t show favoritism” (James 2:1). The context concerns the treatment of rich and poor in the church. James points out that treating someone differently based on his financial status or how he is dressed is wrong.

The Old Testament provides similar instruction regarding favoritism. Leviticus 19:15 teaches, “Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly.” Exodus 23:3 likewise commands, “Do not show favoritism to a poor man in his lawsuit.” Justice should be blind, and both rich and poor should be treated equally before the law.

Third, the Bible calls favoritism sin: “If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself,’ you are doing right. But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers” (James 2:8-9). Favoritism is a serious offense against God’s call to love one’s neighbor as oneself.

Fourth, church leaders are especially charged not to show favoritism. Paul commanded Timothy, a young church leader, “I charge you, in the sight of God and Christ Jesus and the elect angels, to keep these instructions without partiality, and to do nothing out of favoritism” (1 Timothy 5:21).

Fifth, it is difficult to avoid showing favoritism. Even Christ’s closest followers struggled with bias against people different from them. When the apostle Peter was first called to minister to non-Jewish people, he was reluctant. He later admitted, “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right” (Acts 10:34-35). The fact that James specifically addresses the sin of favoritism implies that this was a common problem within the early church.

Favoritism is a problem we still deal with. Favoritism and partiality are not from God, and Christians are called to love. As humans, we tend to form judgments based on selfish, personal criteria rather than seeing others as God sees them. May we grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and follow His example of treating every person with God’s love (John 3:16).

Now I'm getting lessons in not doing God's Will because of the special place in MY heart that some fill because they are dear to ME?

If I was anyone else I'd be offended but I'm not,however it's quite disappointing ... No person could fill the place in my heart that was my Dad- he was my most Favorite human being.      I'm not GOD dear Sister,never claimed to be,He is no respecter of persons YET David was a man of His Own Heart,hmmm?

I will never not Embrace the very special people God Has Blessed me with for a season,for a reason or for the duration of this life & call them " friend",hold them dear and near and tell them how much they mean to me.... No,not ever- they are my favorite people I've been so Blessed to know-;if you have a problem with that then sadly it is your problem- sorry🙏😢

With love in Christ,Kwik

• Well Said! 1

4 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

All I was trying to point out was “ favouritism” it’s all over this thread.....” I” see it loud and clear!

God showed me my favouritism as well....it needs to stop.

If you can’t see that,I too feel sad, but, everything is in God’s timing...Love you dear Sister.🙏💗

Try the spirits ...in ALL things " Take captive EVERY thought & subject them to the obedience of Christ Jesus"

If we simply say every thing we think we would find ourselves in a lonely place.....I too " think" or " feel" many things- some are good & profitable & others nothing good will come if it...that's part of being human & suspectable to those fiery darts🙏

• Brilliant! 1