• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

59 minutes ago, Starise said:

Yes. Our willingness to quit and submission to Him means we allow HIM to do the changing that needs to happen.

Something internally happens in a believer who gets disgusted every time they sin. When we HATE what we are doing, when we have that yearning for God to change us to the point that we no longer can do those things, or if we fall off the wagon, we sense such a failure we are immediately repenting. The devil will do his best to put whatever it is constantly in front of you. It feels good to get to that place where we finally look at his schemes and say, " I am not falling for that again".

It's just too easy for Satan sometimes. Like throwing a worm into a pond full of fish. Sadly he really doesn't often need to try very hard. 

It has something to do with the conscience and the Holy Spirit. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Guilt? Where did you get your psychology degree?I am only giving you the facts. You are just on the defense. I will leave you there. 

Feelings of guilt I also experienced. My guilt as a smoker amongst those who were not. I felt as the weaker brethren among all the overcomers. My guilt.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,218
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  0

I find the more money I have each month, The less money I spend each month. While I am getting to a point where I don't need anything except some winter stuff right now, And I have those on the way,

The more financially secure I feel, The less I actually spend. The month isn't over yet, But I have already spent less in to the middle of it than I normally would have. I am already not financially secure. I am on Disability, Living with parents, With my only alternative being HuD housing, Or two other apartments in really bad parts of town that would zap up all of my resources if it weren't for HuD. So, This being, It is really vitally important for me to save all that I can, While also having Bipolar 1 Disorder so struggling with that urge and need to spend, at the same time, While also being a young woman as for most of the past two decades, And struggling with the urge and the need to spend because of that, as well.

So anyway, I am getting a raise in January which will probably be zapped up by inflation anyway, But it is the most significant I have ever had, Which will probably be zapped up by inflation anyway,

But, It is the most significant I have ever had, And ironically it is easing my fears so much, As to so much that I think I am done spending for the month entirely. I am all set for Christmas, No family of my own to shop for or surprise, And it is just going to be spent with my mom's immediate, my extended family, And my parents.

My parents got me a gift card and we actually got a manual treadmill for Christmas ! ! :taped::emot-LOL:{I love it}, I actually love it. It's a bit difficult to maneuver as it is not exactly like walking and it isn't entirely flat, And you have to hold on so you don't go flying and all, But I love it anyway. I pace around the house when I am bored or anxious or wanting to walk somewhere and I don't want to brave the outside world, So, it is a good thing to come in handy when I am pacing because I am bored or anxious or wanting to walk somewhere and I don't want to brave the outside world. I can just hop on the treadmill and walk for a little bit and get that out of my system. :)

So, My spending habits seem to clear up the more money I have, As opposed to the other way around and I have no idea the psychology behind that, But I just feel slightly more secure until I see inflation of course, For the moment I feel slightly more secure, So I am actually spending less which doesn't make any sense to me but there has to be a psychological reasoning behind that and I don't know what it is but there has to be a psychological reasoning behind it I just don't know if it is normal or abnormal or not. loll.

My sin is shopping too much and spending what I don't have. The more money I have, I am actually realizing I shop and spend less the more secure I feel. I don't know if that makes sense ?

So, That's my struggle. Is the money issues and I don't have any money to begin with. I live pay check to pay check, And live at home. So, That's it. That's my habit. But, The more secure I feel, The less it is I think I spend. I still don't get that ? . :taped::emot-LOL:The more financially secure I feel month to month, The less I am tempted to spend and that doesn't make any sense to me at all but it is just my reaction to it. I don't know why. :taped::emot-LOL::huh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

On 8/23/2022 at 10:31 AM, Mike Mclees said:

Still these things are harmful to the Body. Both my Father and Uncle died from these things. they were robbed from a meaningful full life. For example could you be a good example if you were witnessing to a non believer. How would it look to lite up a cigarette and died 6 months later from cancer, or lets say you had a drinking friend who had a problem, would you go into a bar with him having an alcohol problem. ?

WE are called to be the better example even if we did not have a problem. If one harms his body is it not sin?

Blessings Mike

Well I don't know,is it a sin?Is it your sin? It's not mine....lol

Let me explain- My best friend,you should know her-" RustyAngeL",she's a chat servant here on Worthy for many many years & she tells it like this:

Rusty doesn't drink alcohol,would not ever put it to her lips .She's never had a drinking problem,when she was young she tasted liquor & could take it or leave it.

One day she the Lord God Convicted her heart in Spirit to not ever touch alcohol - she says," for me it would be a sin to drink"- because our Lord Gave her Specific Instruction not to .....

Does she fear the Wrath of God or Condemnation if she ever disobeyed? No,not at all- Rusty Loves the Lord with all her heart,soul & mind and because of that she desires to please Him . ... What does she think if I were to have a glass of wine if we went out to dinner?Absolutely NOTHING,God Did not Tell me to abstain,He Told her,!

The thing is- just about anything in excess is not good,if you drink too much,eat too much,spend money too much,talk too much,excersize too much ,think too much- 🤔

Here we are talking about drugs,now if just about anything in excess is not good just imagine what too much of an altered state of mind can do ,an over stimulated heart or a laboring respiratory system?🫣

God is our ever Present Help,our Redeemer Lives- inquire of Him and let His Will be Done but also ask that He Help you to be Pleasing & Acceptable in His Sight

Remember that your Spirit is Worthy,Spotless,without Stain,wrinkle or blemish- you are Holy because of the Blood of Christ - though the flesh may cause you to stumble,you can do ALL things in Christ WHO Strengthens you ❤️

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/28/1967

On 12/10/2022 at 11:11 AM, Selah7 said:

Hello, Mije.  The following verse is worthiful. :)

Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk. And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.

- John 5:8-9 (KJV)

I think that for all of us, when we find ourselves in the gutter, we need to get up and start walking, or at least moving!
God commanded this crippled man to get up, and in faith, he immediately stood up confidently, knowing that if Jesus gave the order, he could do it.  This man obeyed Jesus and took action and God healed him.

And we need to always remember that Jesus is our Sabbath, our Rest. 

I just reread this, thank you it helps today🙂

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,508
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

On 12/11/2022 at 3:52 PM, missmuffet said:

A person can not point their finger at a person who is smoking a cigarette while they are drinking a cup of coffee or having a beer. 

@missmuffet Some ppl even claim that smoking is not lady-like. But historically before the American Civil War it was widespread in some areas for women to smoke, after church services.